Cowboys' safety shot ..

merlin

Either this guy is unluckiest guy on earth, or there is something up. How can one person be an "innocent bystander" TWICE getting shot??

Cowboy safety shot for 2nd time

"...Dallas Cowboys safety Keith Davis was shot twice while driving on a Dallas highway early Sunday and was hospitalized in stable condition after undergoing surgery to remove bullet fragments.

..... This is the second time in three years that Davis has been shot. He was an innocent bystander last time, and this time Stephens said the player was driving home from a family vacation."

Either this guy is unluckiest guy on earth, or there is something up.  How can one person be an "innocent bystander" TWICE getting shot??

"...Dallas Cowboys safety Keith Davis was shot twice while driving on a Dallas highway early Sunday and was hospitalized in stable condition after undergoing surgery to remove bullet fragments.

..... This is the second time in three years that Davis has been shot. He was an innocent bystander last time, and this time Stephens said the player was driving home from a family vacation."

723761[/snapback]

Maybe the third time will be the charm.

I know a guy who was shot 3 times, but he was a gangbanger and was hanging out with the wrong crowd. Once he was shot for being in the wrong "territory," once he was shot at a party when someone pulled out a gun and everyone ran (he was shot in the ass), and the final time he was shot in the leg when a car did a drive-by. Third time was the charm, because he moved out of LA after that.

I like "Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is a conspiracy."  But maybe only because I do believe in coicidences.

723899[/snapback]

... so, how many times have YOU been shot as an innocent bystander?? :):flirt:

Either this guy is unluckiest guy on earth, or there is something up.  How can one person be an "innocent bystander" TWICE getting shot??

723761[/snapback]

Yeah, my first thought was that he must be the most unlucky guy on earth being an innocent bystander twice, but then you see the circumstances and have to read between the lines:

-The first time he was shot outside a topless club. Not saying he was doing anything wrong or that we all have been to the ballet, but if you're trying to avoid trouble that's not the place to be. It's like walking around in the south Bronx at night - you might very well be an innocent victim of a mugging, but on some level you put yourself in a bad situation - if you'd been at chior practice you probably wouldn't have been shot.

-The guy is driving home from a vacation and a car pulls up and starts shooting? Call me crazy, but this ususally doesn't just happen. People don't just pull up to you on the highway and start shooting (OK - I'm not from L.A.) - you'd think they were looking for someone to do something like that. I'm not saying that he did anything wrong, but I think there could well be more to the story on this one - I'd be curious to see if there was any link between him and the shooter(s) - that might explain lots.

I'm skeptical (and I hate the Cowboys).

Athletes must get "randomly" shot at a much higher rate than the general populace.  There seems to be one of these stories every week or two.

723775[/snapback]

:) As opposed to the stories every hour or two in any larger city?

That being said his being shot 2 times does raise an eyebrow!

:D As opposed to the stories every hour or two in any larger city?

That being said his being shot 2 times does raise an eyebrow!

724429[/snapback]

OK - going by your rational, what are there - 2000 NFL players? Let's take 2000 other famous people - musicians, CEOs, actors, etc..........Who gets randomly shot more?