Syd Barrett

Movinon

(sigh) One can't help but wonder what Pink Floyd would have been like had he not gone nutters and been forced out. No Gilmour, of course, and would Waters have grown into the driving creative force in the band (which ultiimately led to the bands end).

:w00t:

I have tickets to Roger Waters at the Hollywood Bowl this fall.  Syd's death will make it a much more memorable experience.  Wonder if Waters will do some more of their old pre-Gilmore stuff now?

721397[/snapback]

Gilmour has been playing old Syd stuff in recent concerts. I wonder if he knew his old friend was sick and was paying a silent tribute.

I have tickets to Roger Waters at the Hollywood Bowl this fall.  Syd's death will make it a much more memorable experience.  Wonder if Waters will do some more of their old pre-Gilmore stuff now?

721397[/snapback]

Which nite are you going? I got tix for Friday, Oct. 6.

Should be a great show, saw him at the Universal Ampitheatre back in 2000, he played an old black and white video clip of "Arnold Layne".

Which nite are you going? I got tix for Friday, Oct. 6.

Should be a great show, saw him at the Universal Ampitheatre back in 2000, he played an old black and white video clip of "Arnold Layne".

721417[/snapback]

Thursday the 5th. Looking forward to Dark Side of the Moon in it's entirety. Will have to dig deep to break out the old bong. :w00t:

So sad. I knew it was eventual, but still heartbreaking. I think I may have been his biggest fan... :w00t:

721550[/snapback]

Aside from me - - this sounds way to over-dramatic, but Floyd played a big part in my life (not in a drug-using kind of way).

Aside from me - - this sounds way to over-dramatic, but Floyd played a big part in my life (not in a drug-using kind of way).

721571[/snapback]

So you never listned to Floyd on drugs? Let me ask you, what did it sound like? :w00t: