Bills are starting to putting a lot of pressure on

http://www.kffl.com/

Bills | Team counting on Price

Sun, 2 Jul 2006 19:35:48 -0700

Allen Wilson, writing for the Sporting News, reports the Buffalo Bills are counting on WR Peerless Price to turn things around in 2006. Price doesn't appear to have lost much speed or his ability to catch the football. He hasn't been the same player since he left the Bills after a career year in 2002. Now that he's back in familiar surroundings, the Bills are optimistic he'll rebound and become a dependable playmaker again.

If anything we should put the pressure on our Qb. :doh: Our WRs are fine. :lol:

http://www.kffl.com/

Bills | Team counting on Price

Sun, 2 Jul 2006 19:35:48 -0700

Allen Wilson, writing for the Sporting News, reports the Buffalo Bills are counting on WR Peerless Price to turn things around in 2006. Price doesn't appear to have lost much speed or his ability to catch the football. He hasn't been the same player since he left the Bills after a career year in 2002. Now that he's back in familiar surroundings, the Bills are optimistic he'll rebound and become a dependable playmaker again.

If anything we should put the pressure on our Qb. :doh:  Our WRs are fine. :lol:

718118[/snapback]

Yeah, I really like our wideouts...I know not everyone shares that sentiment, but I feel good about them. I think Parrish will do enough to get Bill in NYC off his back, and either Andre Davis or Peerless will really have an impact. Evans is already solid and I think being in the #1 role will take him to the next level of performance.

Yeah, I really like our wideouts...I know not everyone shares that sentiment, but I feel good about them. I think Parrish will do enough to get Bill in NYC off his back, and either Andre Davis or Peerless will really have an impact. Evans is already solid and I think being in the #1 role will take him to the next level of performance.

718139[/snapback]

Everybody is saying Parrish is not a good Wr, mainly because of his size. Their are a few good Wrs in the league that are not very tall but they are very good. Parrish is just the same and besides he's a punt returner too. He will be a star for the Bills. Just you wait.

Everybody is saying Parrish is a good Wr, mainly because of his size.  Their are a few good Wrs in the league that are not very tall but they are very good.  Parrish is just the same and besides he's a punt returner too.  He will be a star for the Bills.  Just you wait.

718143[/snapback]

Oh, I don't doubt it.....TD and Modrak must have seen something in the kid or they wouldn't have drafted him that high. And I know I just set myself up for all sorts of jokes and retorts, but I still have faith in the pick. If Roscoe can get over his snow-phobia, I think he may show some skills.

Oh, I don't doubt it.....TD and Modrak must have seen something in the kid or they wouldn't have drafted him that high. And I know I just set myself up for all sorts of jokes and retorts, but I still have faith in the pick. If Roscoe can get over his snow-phobia, I think he may show some skills.

718168[/snapback]

Meant to say "Everybody is saying Parrish is a not good Wr, mainly because of his size!" not "Everybody is saying Parrish is a good Wr, mainly because of his size." My bad. :doh:

Meant to say "Everybody is saying Parrish is a not good Wr, mainly because of his size!"  not "Everybody is saying Parrish is a good Wr, mainly because of his size."  My bad. :doh:

718173[/snapback]

I knew what ya meant :lol:

I think Parrish will be great, however I fear for his bones breaking while going across the middle trying to haul in errant passes from our qb's. I mean, when he got blown up last year by Miami's punter....I was like....ohhhh shiiiiiit. I can see him getting hurt again, but I hope that won't happen.

He sure has moves in the open field though, which excites me. You can't expect too much from this year's team, but it will be very exciting to see how they will fair. I just hope we can whip Miami both times, that would be awesome.

I was watching the game from 2002 Bills VS Vikings in Minnesota and Price looked amazing in that game, along with Josh Reed. They both were making incredible plays.

Price looks fast as any receiver in recent memory, granted this was 4 years ago...if he can return to that form it will be a great threat to opposing defenses.

One thing Parrish or Reed will have going for him is speed on the outside (Evans-Price). If you have a burner as your wideout, it can make it a whole lot looser in the slot. Watch for our slot guy to have a good year.

In fact, outside speed can make Royal/Everett's receptions go way up. I know Royal isn't used to receiving, and I've seen Everett's pro day video where he can't catch a balloon. But outside speed can create space for our TE, whoever that may be.

Parrish is quite a bit smaller than Price or any of the other receivers, smaller and lighter. That's mainly a problem close to the line of scrimmage if the DBs are playing tight coverage. The DBs are allowed contact in the first 5 yards from the LOS and some are very good at tangling a WR up enough to throw his route running way of, screwing up the timing of the whole play. Parrish has to learn to use his quickness, if he hasn't already to avoid the jam at the LOS, just like Lee Evans had to do early on. Once in the open I think all the top Buffalo receivers (Evans, Price, and Parrish, not to mention Andre Davis) have the speed and quickness to create ample separation. Reed has to use cratiness since h e has neither great size nor great speed. Aiken and Nance (Nance especially) while they may not have great quickness, have the size to outmuscle most CBs.

If Price's vision is OK (I think there's been some question about his eyesight - right?) he may have just needed a chance to get back in a comfort zone. He was a fool to want to leave Buffalo in the first place, but he's traveled a bit and had a dose of reality, so maybe he really can put the last few years behind him and recover the magic he had his last season in Buffalo.

Like most areas of the team, there are a lot of "what ifs" on the receiving corps but if some of the answers come back positive, they could gel into a really explosive unit.

Parrish will be good in the open field when he can make some nasty moves. But he'll be the most dangerous on punt returns this season. Dont be surprised ot see buffalo's 2 returners leading the league in their respective categories.

Parrish will be good in the open field when he can make some nasty moves. But he'll be the most dangerous on punt returns this season. Dont be surprised ot see buffalo's 2 returners leading the league in their respective categories.

718603[/snapback]

Depends on how sucessful the defense is in forcing other clubs to punt. :doh:

Edited by stuckincincy

I do not see this as a lot of pressure on Price as all we are asking him to do is put up less than th tremendous performance he produced as a #2 for us his last season here.

If he catches 70-80 passes instead of the 94 he produced for us in 2002 this would still be a very good year. The even better news for us is that if Parrish actually steps up to be an adequate #2 (I really doubt this will happen), PP can still pay large benefits for us as our #3 bringing his speed to 3 WE sets.

The way I see this playing out at WR is this:

#1 WR- Evans had already surpassed Moulds as our go to guy when he took in 3TDs in the first quarter against Miami and melted down when he had a hissy fit. The rest of the team understands that getting surpassed by younger talented players happens to eveyone and had little sympathy for Moulds whining. Even worse he chose Tyke Tolbert as the object of his tirade which even eliminated the race card as an explanation for his problem.

Evans has shown great speed and good enough hands to meritthe #1. If he has also developed the athleticism to make the occaisional circus catch he will make the Pro Bowl soon. If not he still can easily be good enough.

#2- Peerless cannot play the #1 (particularly for a run first throw second QB like Vick). The good news for us is that we want him to play the #2 which he has already done well for us in the real world. Even better his 2002 was so good with 94 catches he does not even need to equal his maximum production as a #@ to be what we need.

Even better, Parrish steps up then PP can do the same things for us in making our 3 WR sets a problem for opponents even if we only need him to produce like a #3.

#3- I think Parrish is too snall to be a #2 (but then folks thought Flutie was too small to win in the NFL as a QB so maybe I am wrong about Parrish. It makles no difference because I need his speed and shiftiness as my #3 WR. If opposing DCs have to face the speed of Evans and the speed of Price in 3 WR sets which will allows Parrish to feast on LBs it is gonna be great to watch.

#4 Occaisionally we will want to go to an empty backfield and having a vet like Reed with good RAC ability from his collegiate years as an RB is a good way to go. Reed will challenge Parrish for the #3 role which Reed already has done well with Moulds and Price in 2002. I think he will ose out iin the #3 battle with the more gifted Parrish, but if the booby prize for Reed is that he gets to use his vet knowledge to pick on the zones which will be the only wat to defend our 4 WR sets then its gonna be good.

#5- and MATBE #6 A team can actually get away with only having 5 WRs active on the rester because it will take an injury for the #5 to see receiver duty, However, Aiken is a good choice for #5 as though he has never show downfield production, this player will mostly contribute on ST which Aiken can do well.

Fast Feddy also can contribute to the team on ST as a PR guy, but with Clements and Parrish on the squad he likely gets cut unless he shows even more as a WE,

Some have talked about Davis as even being a candidate for #2. I doubt it as him having the skills to contribute at #4 is more likely, Given Reed's RAC potential and Aiken and Fast Freddy;s ST potential I think Davis gets cut.

Nance I think may stick as our # 6 if we judge the top 4 as adequate and then it makes sense to keep Nance for the PS.

I think Wilson has an outside chance at the PS.

I think Denny has an outside shot at the PS but is unlikely.

I think Lee Evans is on the verge of becoming a poor man's Marvin Harrison. He may not be as prolific, but he also doesn't have Peyton Manning throwing him spirals all game. I like Peerless to begin the season as our #2, but on a short leash. I don't know why, I just have a good feeling that Andre Davis will benefit from a change of scenery and Fairchild's game planning. I don't really view Parrish as a #3, or any other number for that matter. I view him as our wideout wildcard. I think if we can use him with some creativity and create mismatches with his "shifty-ness", he may prove to be immeasurably valuable....even in the eyes of Bill in NYC :lol:

I really see those four guys as being the heart of this group, as I don't think we really have any basis to think a guy like Aiken or Freddy is just going to all of a sudden bust out. I like our top four guys a lot, and I think they're poised to surprise.

I do not see this as a lot of pressure on Price as all we are asking him to do is put up less than th tremendous performance he produced as a #2 for us his last season here.

If he catches 70-80 passes instead of the 94 he produced for us in 2002 this would still be a very good year.  The even better news for us is that if Parrish actually steps up to be an adequate #2 (I really doubt this will happen), PP can still pay large benefits for us as our #3 bringing his speed to 3 WE sets.

718848[/snapback]

Do you realize that he has not caught 70 passes in any year since he left Buffalo and has regressed stat wise every year since 2002?

Do you realize that he has not caught 70 passes in any year since he left Buffalo and has regressed stat wise every year since 2002?

718942[/snapback]

A lot of this argument can be made for price in simply stating how awful Mike Vick is as a quaterback. The Dallas thing just seems him being thrust into the team and the victim of a #'s game not being given a chance to adapt to the offense and simply filling space till patrick crayton came back.

2003 Atlanta Falcons 16 15 64 838 13.1 49 3

2004 Atlanta Falcons 16 15 45 575 12.8 50 3

in 03 he was the falcons leading receiver, and taking into account how run oriented the falcons are they're actually pretty good #'s, in 04 he was the falcons 2nd leading receiver next to alge crumpler. This is also pretty telling about vick as he only played in 5 games in 2003 compared to 15 in 2004. Price's 40+ yard receptions didn't seem to drop either from the time he was in buffalo to his tenure in atlanta until vick was seeing more time at qb. Now all in all I dont care if Price "recaptures" what he did in buffalo in 02 as long as the offense as a whole can be more productive. I'd be happier if passes were more evenly distributed and a larger focus on the run game

A lot of this argument can be made for price in simply stating how awful Mike Vick is as a quaterback. 

It really surprises me how many of you guys say stuff like this.....Michael Vick is a winner. He's not a great PASSER, but he's a helluva QB. I don't know if it takes living in Atlanta and seeing almost all their games to appreciate the guy, but trust me, he's a very valuable player. Atlanta is a running time first and foremost, and Vick helps make them that much more dangerous because he's so elusive. He's also got a wicked strong arm, even though he's not the most accurate guy in the game. But honestly, he's much better than he's given credit for.