vincent interview

hootie1

Yeah, he totally blew our shot at the playoffs in the Pittsburgh game. It was their 2nd and 3rd string defense in there and he couldn't get it done. He loves to stand in the pocket like a statue and just pat the ball 20 times until he gets hit and fumbles or it's either in the midst of his throwing motion causing interceptions. Alot of my friends like the Cowboys and were talking about how great he was after the first 4 or 5 weeks. I told them to just wait and see. The real Drew would show up for work soon and he didn't disappoint. He's been done since Brady took his job. He's been nothing but a mediocre QB ever since.

You are making total sense. What bothers me the most was that the switch SEEMED to be made just because of the Pittsburgh game.

Honestly, I wish that I knew who saw fit to blame Bledsoe and cut him. We will never know if it was Mullarkey or TD, but I strongly suspect that it was TD and his stupid effing ego. This is why I have never strongly criticized MM on this forum.

711896[/snapback]

If there was anyone other than Shane Matthews as the #2, I would have cut DB after the Balt debacle.

If there was anyone other than Shane Matthews as the #2, I would have cut DB after the Balt debacle.

712114[/snapback]

I think you are taking the correct football perspective in looking at this. The question is not simply whether Bledsoe was an adequate NFL QB to bring this team to the playoffs (he was not IMHO) but the question of whether to cut him or not after the 2004 season was whether he was better or worse than our alternatves as QB.

I would have cut Bledsoe after the 2003 debacle performance by him (it was pretty clear he was not likely to lead this team to a playoff and the cap implications of extending him made TDs actions silly), but given that TD made the stupid move of extending him, it was a question for the 2005 season of whether it was better to go with DB, JP or someone else we could obtain.

I think it is clear from JP's disastrous performance and also my sense that the D which at least was statisitcially impressive in 2004 felt that the Bills braintrust had turned 2005 into a pre-season like learning session for JP rather than giving themselves their best (though bad wih Bledsoe at QB) chance of winning that we fell apart last year.

The football irony is here is that once I think TD made the foolish decision to extend DB (there must have been someone better available at the time though I have not looked as other options were not even a realistic consideration by the Bills) we would likely been better off simply going with him last year rather than pursuimg the failed JP as starter course.

You are making total sense. What bothers me the most was that the switch SEEMED to be made just because of the Pittsburgh game.

Honestly, I wish that I knew who saw fit to blame Bledsoe and cut him. We will never know if it was Mullarkey or TD, but I strongly suspect that it was TD and his stupid effing ego. This is why I have never strongly criticized MM on this forum.

JP had zero business being handed the job. The players knew it, and it caused all kinds of havoc. With that OL, Bledsoe would have probably been injured, and JP would have seen some playing time anyway.

I know that you are correct about JP being a rookie, but the entire episode was stupid imo and it pisses me of.

711896[/snapback]

Will it piss you off if JP Losman has a break out year in 2006? The 2005 season could then be seen as the growing pain year between Bledsoe and JP. Not so stupid if this is how it all goes down. The Bills will have their QB of the future while Dallas is lamenting the dinosuar QB that keeps getting sacked in critical games and situations.

Will it piss you off if JP Losman has a break out year in 2006? The 2005 season could then be seen as the growing pain year between Bledsoe and JP. Not so stupid if this is how it all goes down. The Bills will have their QB of the future while Dallas is lamenting the dinosuar QB that keeps getting sacked in critical games and situations.

713036[/snapback]

It'll seemingly piss off a lot of people around here. Of course, they'll just make the excuse that his hair was floppy or he was high fiving too much after a touchdown.

It'll seemingly piss off a lot of people around here.  Of course, they'll just make the excuse that his hair was floppy or he was high fiving too much after a touchdown.

713052[/snapback]

Yeah if he shows any more of that support for his teammates crap this year I'm gonna be pissed!! ;)

Yeah if he shows any more of that support for his teammates crap this year I'm gonna be pissed!!  ;)

713056[/snapback]

Now now! :blink: Supporting teammates and having spastic contortions are two different things. Besides, said teammates didn't appear to be too thrilled by his play, nor his "support."

This however is all in the past. We all need to hope that the kid grew up and can play football.

I have always thought that the trade that brought him here, as well as handing him the job were stupid, ego driven moves. That said, he IS here, and he has talent.

All we can do is wait, hope, and root for the kid in September. :huh:

Now now!  :blink: Supporting teammates and having spastic contortions are two different things. Besides, said teammates didn't appear to be too thrilled by his play, nor his "support."

This however is all in the past. We all need to hope that the kid grew up and can play football.

I have always thought that the trade that brought him here, as well as handing him the job were stupid, ego driven moves. That said, he IS here, and he has talent.

All we can do is wait, hope, and root for the kid in September.  :huh:

713339[/snapback]

There you go ;)

So, to take this thread back to coaching, where it started, in today's interview, JP Losman noted that last years coaches were too easy on him. I've heard a lot of excuses for poor play, but this one takes the cake! An adult should be able to motivate themselves.

So, to take this thread back to coaching, where it started, in today's interview, JP Losman noted that last years coaches were too easy on him. I've heard a lot of excuses for poor play, but this one takes the cake! An adult should be able to motivate themselves.

713367[/snapback]

OK, Patty.

JP said he's used to being coached "hard," which means "well." Basically he's saying the coaching last year sucked.

713367[/snapback]

Are you insinuating that these "men" who have led the little time which has passed in their lives past the age of consent willfully fallowing orders about what to do on some fairly basic elemental items (where and what to eat at the training table, when to sleep unser team curfews, when to walk and when to run) can all or even mostly be called adults.

Its not so much that an adult should be required to motivate themselves, its that these boys should be able to motivated when told to be motivated as they are given outlandish adult compensation for playing a boys game (all received at an age (even less for the LeBron's of the world.

What surprises me is that people are shocked when they act like children. Arrested mental development to produce extraoridinary physical development is what most of these players are about.