Sirius Sat. Question

ACor58

My time is too valuable to spend listening to someone tell me what to buy.

710590[/snapback]

My money is to valuable to me to waste $15 bucks a month to listen to music that claims no commercials, or to listen to Howard Stern. I can live through some commercials on a radio station (and TV too)

Commercials don't usually have an effect on what I'm gonna buy, they merely suggest an option to me

(I refuse to pay a company money to download a song when I actually go out and buy cd's too)

710703[/snapback]

That is the beauty of iTunes. I can buy just about any album for $9.99 instead of having to pay 15.99 for a CD at the store. I can also only buy the songs that I want if an album isn't entirely that great.

I listen to 70s, 80s, Franks Place, Soul and The Blend, and never hear commercials. On the other hand, I'd rather hear commercials at this point instead of the same freakin' top 40 pop songs over and over and over.

You're beautiful, you're #1 with a bullet, and you've had a bad day. Can we play these songs ONE MORE !@#$ING TIME, PLEASE!

710482[/snapback]

The Broadway and Standard channel might be worth a look LA...I am very happy with Sirius.

The only free radio is college radio streamed over the internet, people! Throw off the shackles of Corporate Rock and download free podcasts from the internet from college stations and indy labels.

Don't let the purveyors of mediocrity ram their same tired, monotonous "hits" into your eardrums day after day turning your brain into mush, forcing you to buy lame-o products that you don't want but have to get just to shut out the voices in your head.

Don't allow yourselves to be lobotomized by FM radio, which has been under the control of the Freemasons since they threw Armstrong off a balcony in '54 (FM...it was right in front of your face the whole damn time, you zombies!).

YOU have the power to wrest new music out of the hands of the A&R pimps who are forcing you to swallow what they're waving in front of your face!

YOU have the power to tear down the walls of the Billboard Top 100 prison the Corporate Whores have incarcerated you in!

Tell them to go to hell! NO! I won't listen to Nelly Furtado! NO! Get 50 cent out of my damn eardrums! NO! Keep your filthy hands off my aural pleasure zones!

YOU can listen to what YOU want!

Take back the damn airwaves!

YOU can listen to what YOU want! 

Take back the damn airwaves!

710765[/snapback]

From John Hiatt:

Well, those electric sheep to the valley they keep walkin

On the radio waves selling tennis shoes and beer

It induces sleep when that DJ starts his squawkin'

I'm lookin' for one song to save me on this midnight clear

So how far do we have to go to hear that Pirate Radio?

One song that could steal our hearts

Before they turn into silver and gold

Well I'm drivin' my care real slow and my baby wants to know

When we gonna hear our song on that Pirate Radio?

One star in the sky so I named it Ottis Redding

Or maybe Marvin Gaye lookin' for his Tammi Turell

There ain't no mountain high enough to stop this wedding

Rollin' out of Memphis to Detroit I can hear those bells

Well, we've been drivin' all night, ever since we were teenagers,

Up to that border town where the outlaw station air waves

Where the DJ's outta sight and his heart is so courageous

And he loves every song that he's puttin' on for the free and brave

Long after I got my first Sirius unit (I'm on my third, still have #1, and #2 was stolen) I was riding with someone at work, who did not have Sirius or XM. So I got to sit there and listen to the two morning idiots, I mean DJ's spend about 15 minutes talking about the new Heinz ketchup bottle. I wanted to punch the radio so bad.

Long after I got my first Sirius unit (I'm on my third, still have #1, and #2 was stolen) I was riding with someone at work, who did not have Sirius or XM. So I got to sit there and listen to the two morning idiots, I mean DJ's spend about 15 minutes talking about the new Heinz ketchup bottle. I wanted to punch the radio so bad.

710781[/snapback]

I cannot agree with you more. I think that if you have an IQ higher than 5 you are not allowed to be on terrestrial radio.

My money is to valuable to me to waste $15 bucks a month to listen to music that claims no commercials, or to listen to Howard Stern. I can live through some commercials on a radio station (and TV too)

Commercials don't usually have an effect on what I'm gonna buy, they merely suggest an option to me

710708[/snapback]

I pay more than that when you count my TiVO subsription. And having lived 3 years or so with no TV or radio commercials, I can tell you that I'd gladly pay $100 a month not to waste my time on commercials. Hell, who am I kidding? I'd probably pay more than that.

710708[/snapback]

Spoken like a true person that doesn't have satellite radio. I got Sirius for Howard Stern, but love so many other stations on Sirius that I can't see ever going without it.

Spoken like a true person that doesn't have satellite radio.  I got Sirius for Howard Stern, but love so many other stations on Sirius that I can't see ever going without it.

711228[/snapback]

I bought Sirius so that I could listen to the NFL games and NFL network when driving back from Buffalo to Virginia each week. I never thought I'd really listen to for the music or comedy stations or anything.

Seriously, I can't even stomach listening to regular radio anymore. The commercials and the local DJ's are total idiots in most cases. I love satellite radio. The radio stations, the comedy and the sports can't be beat.

Best gift I received in a long long time.

You guys have the boombox radio?  I'm thinking of getting either that or the desktop radio.  Right now, I only have Sirius in my car and the online access.

711258[/snapback]

My friend has the boom box and he loves it. The sound is great and it is perfect for summer BBQs, etc.

I got a Sirius radio for Christmas. It is one of the best gifts I've ever received.

An all Elvis station? 80s music? Hair Nation? Radio Margaritaville?

NFL? Blue Collar Comedy? NASCAR next year? Even a CFL game of the week?

I think I'm in love. :w00t:

Mike