Release of new book - Buffalo Soul Lifters

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that's Teddy Schwytzer on the cover. I do mention the kid your talking about, Rick Riggi. I point out that his actions reaffirmed my faith in the innate goodnes of young people. Tell your cousin that he/she has a lot to be proud of.

I will pass that on to Rick Jr.'s Dad (he is my first cousin.) As you know..it made the TV and papers here when Rick gave Teddy the ball. We were and are all very proud of Rick Jr.! He is a Senior at Cal-Mum this year

Guest Devoted, but embarrased by the p

Hey,

I had to find this and bump it!!!!!

After that fuggin embarassment yesterday I went to Boarders and bought this book.

WOW!!!!!

The chapter on TDB was awesome. It is a great read!!1

Kudos to Gus, Paul and FRank!!

LORI mentioned this book after the game and I really didn't know what she was talking about. Thanks for the bump. Today I put it on the must read list at work.

Just so y'all know, the excerpts Frank posted don't do Gus's story, or the rest of the book, justice. You'll want to read the whole thing, especially if you need a pick-me-up after another frustrating Bills loss. Nice job, Frank.

I found it at the Waldenbooks in the Boulevard Mall; I assume the WB/Borders in the area are all carrying it. Look on the "Local Interest" shelf. And while you're at that shelf, Western New York Wares has several other books you might be interested in - Sal Maiorana's Game Night In Buffalo, Eddie Abramoski's book, White Death (about the Blizzard of '77), Mason Winfield's books about the paranormal/supernatural side of WNY.......

All of Teddy's teachers (he is on the cover with the Pavilion Tshirt) have purchased this book!! Just to brag a bit...the story about Teddy includes him scoring in a Bball game. Well, my cousin's son (Rick Riggi) gave him the ball until Teddy scored!

Just so y'all know, the excerpts Frank posted don't do Gus's story, or the rest of the book, justice. You'll want to read the whole thing, especially if you need a pick-me-up after another frustrating Bills loss. Nice job, Frank.

I found it at the Waldenbooks in the Boulevard Mall; I assume the WB/Borders in the area are all carrying it. Look on the "Local Interest" shelf. And while you're at that shelf, Western New York Wares has several other books you might be interested in - Sal Maiorana's Game Night In Buffalo, Eddie Abramoski's book, White Death (about the Blizzard of '77), Mason Winfield's books about the paranormal/supernatural side of WNY.......

56505[/snapback]

Thanks for the kind words Lori, for myself and the other Western New York Wares authors.

Here is an up-to-date listing of where in WNY Buffalo Soul Lifters can be purchased.

Barnes & Noble Transit,

The Book Nook in Dunkirk

From the Ends of the Earth Gifts on Main St. in Williamsville.

Soul to the Holland Land Office Museum in Batavia,

Thunder Bay in Boulevard Mall

Borders (Chktg)

Waldenbooks/Boulevard

Waldenbooks/McKinley Mall

Barnes & Noble/Boulevard Mall

Talking Leaves/ Main St.

Talking Leaves/ Elmwood

Daemen College Book Shop

Inspiration Point (Elmwood)

Lancaster Village Books

Cheri Amour/Lewiston

Book Corner/Niagara Falls

Book Worm/ East Aurora

Legacy Books on Main.

So far Media Play hasn't ordered. :( If you have one near you, please drop them a line and ask them when they'll be stocking the book.

Thanks for the kind words Lori, for myself and the other Western New York Wares authors.

Here is an up-to-date listing of where in WNY Buffalo Soul Lifters can be purchased.

Barnes & Noble Transit,

The Book Nook in Dunkirk

From the Ends of the Earth Gifts on Main St. in Williamsville.

Soul to the Holland Land Office Museum in Batavia,

Thunder Bay in Boulevard Mall

Borders (Chktg)

Waldenbooks/Boulevard

Waldenbooks/McKinley Mall

Barnes & Noble/Boulevard Mall

Talking Leaves/ Main St.

Talking Leaves/ Elmwood

Daemen College Book Shop

Inspiration Point (Elmwood)

Lancaster Village Books

Cheri Amour/Lewiston

Book Corner/Niagara Falls

Book Worm/ East Aurora 

Legacy Books on Main.

So far Media Play hasn't ordered.  :angry: If you have one near you, please drop them a line and ask them when they'll be stocking the book.

56681[/snapback]

I may have to call Media Play until I can get to one of the other closer places listed above. Thanks.

I have a number of students that will want to read this book, and some others who will need it read to them, but will love it. Reminds me of Profiles in Courage by John F. Kennedy.

Go Gus!

56678[/snapback]

Thanks, Astrobot!

I'm not sure that I deserve the comparison to JFK, but I'll accept it humbly just the same.

Thanks, Nick.

I'll be doing a book signing at the Waldenbooks at the Boulevard Mall on Saturday, December 5th from 1-3 pm.

I hope to get the chance to meet some of you there.

58802[/snapback]

I'd love to be there, but until you do a signing somewhere in London I guess I'll just have to send my best wishes :w00t: