Lawrence Smith

smith looks great!! his jersey has been neatly tucked in all night and he seemed clean shaven. as for mike williams, i think his jersey is a might small for him. that kid will never succeed on this team if he doesn't learn to dress well.

how did l. smith look to those of you who saw the game?  and our oline as a whole?

3306[/snapback]

Smith got the first two series at LG and Tucker got the next two series at LG. Tucker also played center in the second half.

I was at the game and wanted to focus on Smith...I thought he looked really, really good. He was not pushed around at all and made a couple really nice cut blocks DOWNFIELD on passing plays and travis's big 22 yard run. The fact that they were downfield is significant because he made a nice block on the line, then hustled his 300 plus pound butt downfield to hit someone else.

I think our LG hole might be filled.

Tucker looked good too, but wasn't as impressive as Smith was to me.

*Disclaimer: My opinions of Smith are slightly scewed since I wasn't expecting much from him. But I came away very impressed.

[as for mike williams, i think his jersey is a might small for him. that kid will never succeed on this team if he doesn't learn to dress well.

3064[/snapback]

So very very true !! Williams has to dress better. That jersey was waaay too small, poor guy had trouble breathing and moving his 400#'s ever so slowly was futher evidence that MW's needs at least a XXXXXXXXXXXXXLG jersey :w00t:

Smith got the first two series at LG and Tucker got the next two series at LG. Tucker also played center in the second half.

I was at the game and wanted to focus on Smith...I thought he looked really, really good. He was not pushed around at all and made a couple really nice cut blocks DOWNFIELD on passing plays and travis's big 22 yard run. The fact that they were downfield is significant because he made a nice block on the line, then hustled his 300 plus pound butt downfield to hit someone else.

*Disclaimer: My opinions of Smith are slightly scewed since I wasn't expecting much from him. But I came away very impressed.

3311[/snapback]

thank you... and that sounds like good news on smith. were there any sacks allowed tonight at all?

thank you...  and that sounds like good news on smith.  were there any sacks allowed tonight at all?

3316[/snapback]

No sacks (on Drew) that I can remember, but two hurries (I think)...all from the right side of the line.

MW looked good, but not great. He made two mental errors that wound up resulting in loss yardage on running plays.

Guest Guest_John from Hemet_*

3311[/snapback]

Tgreg....its interesting that you said "300 pounds plus butt" because did you know that the kid really weighs under 300 pounds? It is hard to beleive myself because the guy is a just a big giant sloth who moves his feet pretty well......He must be very short because his lower body is just massive......

Tgreg....its interesting that you said "300 pounds plus butt" because did you know that the kid really weighs under 300 pounds?  It is hard to beleive myself because the guy is a just a big giant sloth who moves his feet pretty well......He must be very short because his lower body is just massive......

3351[/snapback]

He's not under 300#. A recent article I read said 310#, and he's probably more than that.

Also wondering about MW...

3049[/snapback]

He's In Mid-Season Form :w00t:

Henry said after the game that his ribs aren't as sore as last season when he tore rib cartilage in the third week of last season. Henry was laid out to dry by Drew Bledsoe. The play started when RT Mike Williams totally whiffed on his man Juqua Thomas
Whiffing on Thomas wasn't the only problem Mike Williams had. He got blown up by Kevin Carter which caused Henry to take a five yard loss.

In the pregame show they were talking about how Smith doesn't get pushed around and if he does get knocked off his "anchor" he can get right back in the play and stay with his block unlike Pucillo. The bad part is that Alex Van Pelt said Smith reminds him of a young Ruben Brown and that Smith has a similar build. Smith played behind Ogden in Baltimore for the last two years and obviously couldn't win a starting job. That said, he did look good last night. I definitley think he will be a starter. Bledsoe said after the game that the most important thing is to settle on the 5 OL starters as soon as possible so they can work together for a few weeks before the season starts.

Archived