Nathan Paetsch???????

It's almost impossible to really question Ruff too much as he has been brilliant this year at pulling strings. In the last couple games, when we were down a few defensement, I wasnt all that enamored with putting both Janik and Jillson together, however, and it bit us a couple times. I do understand the theory of keeping the best pair together and logging the mot ice time. It will be interesting today to see who he groups, with only Lydman and Soup as regulars, and Soup being scary enough as a defensive defenseman.

It's almost impossible to really question Ruff too much as he has been brilliant this year at pulling strings. In the last couple games, when we were down a few defensement, I wasnt all that enamored with putting both Janik and Jillson together, however, and it bit us a couple times. I do understand the theory of keeping the best pair together and logging the mot ice time. It will be interesting today to see who he groups, with only Lydman and Soup as regulars, and Soup being scary enough as a defensive defenseman.

701419[/snapback]

Soupy has been playing great the last couple of games, both offensively and defensively. I think he'll be fine.

But, I really want Lindy to come out gunning. Let the boys on the blue line jump into the play...encourage Paetch and Soupy to pinch....we are gonna need to put the puck in the net if we are gonna win this game, I don't see it being the defensive struggle that the last game was.

701419[/snapback]

I thought Ted was saying 'you can't be serious' in a "these injuries are ridiculous" sort of way.

Who's left?  I think Paetsch is going to be paired off with a pair of old socks...

701450[/snapback]

Told ya Regier should have picked up 5 more 1st line defensemen before the trade deadline...

:D

Told ya Regier should have picked up 5 more 1st line defensemen before the trade deadline...

:D

701452[/snapback]

Darcy is a bum. Any good GM can tell you that you lose 4 out of 6 of your starting defensemen in a Stanley Cup run.

:(

701452[/snapback]

Will be interesting to see if some of these same folks so willing to give Darcy carte blanche will be willing to do the same for Marv. Of course, some won't be able to correlate losing 4 Dmen and how that might translate to the NFL.