Why is Peters a no show for OTA's?

Even after Fat Bennie, Sam Adams, Pat Williams, and Mike Williams got done?    :D

701315[/snapback]

The beauty of it is that only one of those guys is still on the team, so I doubt he'd be worrying about it for this OTA.

I heard that he was called up by the Sabres to play D in McKee's place...

You know there are certain people that probably don't need to be there, like Clements, however, Peters who only moved into the starting role partway through the season and only being a second year player should be there.

701078[/snapback]

Because he or is agent is unhappy with RFA contract (Peters made comments he wanted LT position) or they are not bright enough to realize that he may lose his chance to be a starter IF Gibson or another player proves himself. I hope the latter happens.

I'm sure he has a decent enough reason and has been cleared by the team. The real problem here is that these type of things have ALWAYS happened, yes even on championship teams. The difference is that now we are privy to 100 times more day to day information and updates on the team than we were even 10 years ago, making for many more "Doomed" fan reactions.

701140[/snapback]

Valid point, but at the same time that doesn't mean those teams from the past went unaffected by this. As much as people want to make a mockery of these sessions they DO matter to the overall improvement of the team. The Bills need to install a brand new offense and defense, while other teams may be returning 75% of their starters and remain in the same system. The point is you only have so many days until kickoff and everyday of preparation does matter in a game with such a small margin for error.

Valid point, but at the same time that doesn't mean those teams from the past went unaffected by this. As much as people want to make a mockery of these sessions they DO matter to the overall improvement of the team. The Bills need to install a brand new offense and defense, while other teams may be returning 75% of their starters and remain in the same system. The point is you only have so many days until kickoff and everyday of preparation does matter in a game with such a small margin for error.

701884[/snapback]

No doubt Kzoo. Just trying to put a more realistic perspective on the situation.

You know there are certain people that probably don't need to be there, like Clements,

You know, I'm not pleased with Clements' absence either. There are two very good reasons for him to be there:

- He had a lousy season in 2005, and should be doing everything he can to improve.

- The Bills are switching to a Cover-2 defense, which entails a very different understanding of the CB position. He should be there to learn this new defensive scheme.

You know, I'm getting really sick of all the whining around TSW this off-season.... <_<

701965[/snapback]

Yeah! It's almost as bad as durring the season.

Personally I think that every player can only benefit from participating in the OTAs, especially since we have new offensive and defensive schemes, but we shouldn't be ready to jump down the throat of everyone who is a no show.

Some of these guys probably have very good reasons for not being there while some others may be guilty of Bruce Smith syndrome. At least we're not talking about anyone who is not here or at training camp because they're holding out for an extention.

aahhh. I am going to make sure you get the employee of the year award. Do you think that you are the only guy that went into work when he or she didnt have to. Get over yourself guy. I work in the marine industry and thats 24 hours a day. The remark was why wasnt he there? probably because he is vacationing or taking the personnal time he needs before the start of the long season. These guys maybe be pros but they have a life outside of voluntary mini camp.

701169[/snapback]

The 2005 season ended in early January. They've had over 4 months to vacation and do other things.

At least there are no Bruce Smith's around. I remember one year when he waited til right before training camp to have a minor surgery.

The 2005 season ended in early January.  They've had over 4 months to vacation and do other things.

At least there are no Bruce Smith's around.  I remember one year when he waited til right before training camp to have a minor surgery.

702281[/snapback]

Yeah and he sure paid for not showing up in camp <_<