Santonio Holmes, was he known as

and I thought he was missing OTA's because of final exams? what's he doing in Florida?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Amj9...ov=ap&type=lgns

and for those who think high character is overratede when it comes to prospects at the collegiate level, it's hard to be a productive draft pick when you are missing time to be in courts and possibly jail......add to that the football focus being impaired by legal worries....

and I thought he was missing OTA's because of final exams? what's he doing in Florida?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Amj9...ov=ap&type=lgns

and for those who think high character is overratede when it comes to prospects at the collegiate level, it's hard to be a productive draft pick when you are missing time to be in courts and possibly jail......add to that the football focus being impaired by legal worries....

699299[/snapback]

That "final exams" rule is a little bogus. That rule dictates that a player cannot join his team until the last exam at the UNiversity is completed. It necessarily doesn't mean that is the last exam for Holmes.

That "final exams" rule is a little bogus.  That rule dictates that a player cannot join his team until the last exam at the UNiversity is completed. It necessarily doesn't mean that is the last exam for Holmes.

699326[/snapback]

thanks. i was wondering what that was all about. either way, he f*cked up.

did they have the rookie symposium yet?

Yeah, OSU fan coming out of the woodwork here. He got busted for disorderly conduct. He was in Florida because it is Memorial Day weekend when most students go back home. He was apparently walking in the street when an officer told him to get out. He then said something back to the officer, stupid I know, and was arrested. Was it dumb? Yeah, but I think most of the posters on this board have done something in their life that classifies as disorderly conduct. Calling him a low character guy is ridiculous.

Yeah, but I think most of the posters on this board have done something in their life that classifies as disorderly conduct. Calling him a low character guy is ridiculous.

699487[/snapback]

:lol: No way The posters on this board have never done anything illegal or immoral. No drinking, no playing loud music no pre-marital sex, just high upstanding character posters here. Keep that type of nonsense moving.

Yeah, OSU fan coming out of the woodwork here. He got busted for disorderly conduct. He was in Florida because it is Memorial Day weekend when most students go back home. He was apparently walking in the street when an officer told him to get out. He then said something back to the officer, stupid I know, and was arrested. Was it dumb? Yeah, but I think most of the posters on this board have done something in their life that classifies as disorderly conduct. Calling him a low character guy is ridiculous.

699487[/snapback]

I agree with you, he was probably pretty stupid in this situation...but that's not enough to call him a "low character" guy. Everyone makes mistakes, and they released him without bail so it couldn't have been serious.

699487[/snapback]

well, hopefully you are not including me in those who lable him as "low character", because I didn't.

My entire post is based on a very vague report of his arrest. I was merely posing the question: "Was he considered high character as a prospect?"

as for the rest of my comments about character as it pertains to draft prospects, all i'm saying is that IF someone had some character issues and a team still drafted him, then they should probably pay more attention to red flags that are associated with a player coming out of college. After all, you are not only putting a guy on your team and flirting with potential distractions, you are also arming a questional individual with a boat load of cash.

I still know nothing of Santonio Holmes.

1 year in, i think it's a little early to write off mr. jones

699536[/snapback]

I agree it is early in his career, but the guy is already showing that he is a headcase and his off the field issues are coming onto the field.

I think that time determines character best. While I wouldn't be too thrilled to have any of my draft choices making public headlines, I do understand that these young players are barely adults. I also understand that a person's perception is their reality. That is why labels or reputations are so hard to reverse. I'm disappointed to see such a young player like Pacman Jones already being used as a low character guy. Here's a quote and a link to this so called "low life".

May 27 Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports the day Tennessee Titans CB Adam Jones signed his multi-million contract last August, he pledged his support to the 100 Club, which provides financial relief to families of police, firefighters and emergency workers who lost their lives in the line of duty. Of the $78,000 raised by the 100 Club, $50,000 was donated by Jones.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...s&news_id=49988

I'm not trying to be a player advocate but I think that the media does make or break people's images. I'm using Pacman as an example because somebody already did in a negative way. I don't think that a low character guy is too concerned with doing something like he did. I think that he may be immature and has used poor judgement in the past but he should also be recognized for the good that he has done too.

No, I think I'll wait until someone is about to finish his career rather than before he has barely even got to start it to get a more accurate bead on what his character is like. The players who are in or around their 30's and are still doing the same garbage are the ones who don't impress me as high character guys.