Hypothetically speaking...

udonkey

:(

Geneseo is absolutely NOT in the bottom of the SUNY schools, try five minutes of research on the internet and you will find that out.  Along with Binghamton they are the jewels of the entire system.  What a joke.  How about Fredonia and Brockport perhaps? 

That's actually laughable considering it's pristine regional reputation and excellent national coverage in Kiplinger's and other college surveys.

697926[/snapback]

Brockport has actually worked its way back to the top of the SUNY system. I graduated 5 years ago and I wouldn't even be accepted there today.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with any of the SUNY schools actually, I think it's more about what you get out of it and not where you went. I have met some absolute morons that are Cornell grads, and some very bright and successful people who have gone to places like New Paltz and Oneonta. It's how you apply the knowledge that you get, not simply the place you got it from. Although it is fun to argue.

Again who cares.  I mean a night out on the town in Geneseo is drinking a case of genny cream ales, tippping cows and who knows maybe getting lucky with a cow while she is down.   :(

697928[/snapback]

You forgot beer bongs. You must be old. :lol:

My daughter was accepted at Geneseo and at a private school (Hobart and William Smith). Since she insisted on living on campus, we could "only" afford a state school. :lol:

My son went to R.I.T. and lived at home. That cost about the same.

udonkey mentioned education expense was a consideration and mentioned UB; I was just suggesting a "state school" alternative near Rochester.

UB makes US News & World Reports top 120, as does Binghamton, but not Geneseo, btw. As prokri8 said: it is what YOU put in to your education that matters.

No matter what school you go to, if getting !@#$ up is your goal, it will be easy to achieve. :P

Cincinnatti's in far better shape than all of WNY...why would you leave?

697914[/snapback]

Cincinnati's not my home - for my employer, I don't have much option but to leave if I want promoted. Limited opportunities = stuck or change companies. Frankly, I thoroughly enjoy working for Dell, so I'd rather not look elsewhere.

Besides, as my boss always tell me, a job change/move isn't a life sentence - I want to try it out, if it doesn't work for me, there are hundreds of other options (all signs point to Texas, and I'd rather move north than south).

No matter what school you go to, if getting !@#$ up is your goal, it will be easy to achieve.  :(

697986[/snapback]

I did plenty of that at UC...hence the reason why I'm a 24 year old Junior. :P Time to grow up and move on.

The US News and World report ranking that you are referring to are the for the "top national universities" which are universities "that offer a wide range of undergraduate majors as well as master's and doctoral degrees; many strongly emphasize research." Geneseo does not offer doctoral programs and is a part of the "masters universities" rankings. Master's Universities are described as "institutions provide a full range of undergraduate and master's programs. But they offer few, if any, doctoral programs."

National Universities rankings

Master's Universities rankings

But it's just rankings, it doesn't really mean all that much because I am sure some other source has a different opinion. :(

Yes, that is correct.  Thanks for my daily English lesson.  :(

697433[/snapback]

I was gonna say something about ER, meaning it is a crappy place to live. East Rochester is horrible. East side of rochester is cool.

I'd have to put a vote in for Rochester - park ave area specifically. I was down there last night, and the GIRLS! Man, brings back memories. I lived on Argyle Street for years, and it was a blast.

Pittsford, NY.  That way you're virtually equidistant to Syracuse and Buffalo, and in the same town as the Bills' training camp.

697615[/snapback]

And you live in the same town as me. Bonus. <_<