Dixie Chicks' New CD

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle....URE-COUNTRY.xml

The show's host, country veteran Reba McEntire, drew the loudest applause when she joked about the Dixie Chicks "putting their foot in their mouth." The country trio has been on the outs with a large swathe of Nashville since singer Natalie Maines said in 2003 that she was ashamed to come from the same state as fellow Texan President George W. Bush.

The Dixie Chicks are expected to open at the No. 1 on the U.S. pop album charts when data are released on Wednesday with their first release since then, "Taking the Long Way." The defiant first single, "Not Ready to Make Nice," bombed at country radio, evidently reopening old wounds.

Forgive me for not giving any credibility to someone who says "The Dixie Chick rock!"

The Dixie Chicks, in no way, ROCK. They may be competent musicians who are near the top of their genre. They may be anti-establishment (somewhat, anyway). But one thing is completely clear: THEY DO NOT ROCK.

Van Halen Rocked.

Pantera Rocked.

AC/DC Rocked.

The Ramones Rocked.

The Dixie Chicks do not rock, you fuggin' mouth breathing tool (unless you mean Natalie Manes when she's moving away from the all you can eat buffet).

Forgive me for not giving any credibility to someone who says "The Dixie Chick rock!"

The Dixie Chicks, in no way, ROCK.  They may be competent musicians who are near the top of their genre.  They may be anti-establishment (somewhat, anyway).  But one thing is completely clear: THEY DO NOT ROCK.

Van Halen Rocked.

Pantera Rocked.

AC/DC Rocked.

The Ramones Rocked.

The Dixie Chicks do not rock, you fuggin' mouth breathing tool (unless you mean Natalie Manes when she's moving away from the all you can eat buffet).

697489[/snapback]

Wow, that was an eloquent response...What's with the profanity, big cat? Apparently, *you* don't rock, either...

Wow, that was an eloquent response...What's with the profanity, big cat?  Apparently, *you* don't rock, either...

697912[/snapback]

When it comes to your opinion, I can't imagine getting a bigger complement.

Nice use of Losman vernacular, sped.

When it comes to your opinion, I can't imagine getting a bigger complement.

Nice use of Losman vernacular, sped.

697956[/snapback]

Touche...c'mon you love this stuff...admit it...I bet you read and re-read your posts here just to boost your "rockin" ego...

Have a happy...

Ummm... maybe because it's not a country record? Doesn't matter to me, I hate the Dixie Chicks and their music.

696738[/snapback]

Didn't sound like country music to me. But then again, my idea of country music is Willie and Merle singing "Poncho and Lefty."

The poets tell how Poncho fell, and Lefty's livin' in cheap hotels

The desert's quiet, Cleveland's cold, and so the story ends we're told

Poncho needs your prayers, it's true, save a few for Lefty too

He only did what he had to do, and now he's growin' old

If you're looking for something with a bit more "rock" to it (although I hate the term) than the Dixie Chix and Ol' Neil Young, but still does the trick in taking a shot at Dubya and the Fundamentalist Gang in the GOP, then you should check out the new (last month) NOFX record, Wolves in wolves' clothing (Amazon link).

We've had it on heavy rotation in the Coli palace. Fat Mike's lyrics are incendiary on tunes like "Leaving Jesusland", "You will lose faith" and "USA-holes", and if you're a fan of the Mel Yell, he's all over this record. Anybody looking for similarities to Punk in Drublic or So long and thanks for all the Shoes might be a bit disappointed, as this disk sort of jumps back in to where 2003's War on Errorism left off. Still, the record kicks ass, and I give it two middle fingers up.

Here's a Google video of Seeing Double at the Triple rock off the new record (and the Never Trust a Hippy EP), complete with crowd-surfing Jesus.

Here's a link to Franco Un-American, from War on Errorism.

Maybe it was all just a typo and he meant to say, "it reeks".

698209[/snapback]

I miss the old Dixie Chicks I never listened to, not this new Dixie Chicks crap I never listen to. I wish they would just become the old Dixie Chicks again.