Aikman any good?

Dibs

If Elway played 2 seasons fewer than he did(say due to injury), he would still be considered one of the greatest even though he had lost 3 superbowls & won none.

Kelly lost 4 superbowls & won none.

Dilfer & Johnson are 1 win-0 losses in the superbowl.

"Simple as that."??

Yes I would think saying winner/loser is a bit simplistic. :w00t:

696300[/snapback]

I like dib's avatar better. ;)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice stats... but still only 1 championship, in 2002.

And IIRC, the Steelers were able to convert clutch 3rd and 4th downs in that Colts game without too much problem.

696175[/snapback]

successful teams should not be judged by whether they've won super bowls or not. that sort of all or nothing logic isn't based in reality, and in any case, if the bills were to 10-6 next year and win the wild card round game before losing, i'm fairly certain every bills fan would call the season a "success." i know i would.

successful teams should not be judged by whether they've won super bowls or not. that sort of all or nothing logic isn't based in reality, and in any case, if the bills were to 10-6 next year and win the wild card round game before losing, i'm fairly certain every bills fan would call the season a "success." i know i would.

696414[/snapback]

That's true... I think it's even less logical though to use defensive stats like yards allowed per game to truly evaluate the worth of a defensive unit. Jerry Gray fielded a Top-2 D on paper only.

That's true... I think it's even less logical though to use defensive stats like yards allowed per game to truly evaluate the worth of a defensive unit. Jerry Gray fielded a Top-2 D on paper only.

696473[/snapback]

i agree that it's not a perfect measure, but there aren't any that are better. the top defenses when it comes to yards allowed are usually the best defenses overall.

as for the bills, they actually had a dominating defense in 04 - aside from being #2 in yards allowed, they led the league in turnovers, were near the top in sacks, and #8 overall in points allowed. 03 is a different story, but there's no denying that the defense was extremely good in 04 by virtually every measure.

i agree that it's not a perfect measure, but there aren't any that are better. the top defenses when it comes to yards allowed are usually the best defenses overall.

as for the bills, they actually had a dominating defense in 04 - aside from being #2 in yards allowed, they led the league in turnovers, were near the top in sacks, and #8 overall in points allowed.  03 is a different story, but there's no denying that the defense was extremely good in 04 by virtually every measure.

696567[/snapback]

Except they didn't step up in crunch time... kinda like all the pure cover 2 defenses except TB against Chucky's old team. :lol: