Ticket Office REMAINS Dysfunctional

Sure, let season ticket scaplers !@#$ those of us non-seasons buyers who onyl want to go to a game or 2. But hey, lets sellout everything to the season holders and let them re-sell at a premium price to the rest of us.

693079[/snapback]

I actually wasnt referring to ymself, because i have a few friends back home that could get me tix, and i'm sure if i asked nicely, i could get them for face vaule from someone on the board. I'm talking the general population, such as Joe Football who wants to get a ticket to take his son to a ballgame.

I've got no problem with allowing the season ticket buyers to purchase extra tickets before everyone else. They are kicking in good money for the tix, and definitely deserve perks. But i like the system of limiting how many extras they can purchase.

Sure, let season ticket scaplers !@#$ those of us non-seasons buyers who onyl want to go to a game or 2. But hey, lets sellout everything to the season holders and let them re-sell at a premium price to the rest of us.

693079[/snapback]

Season ticket holders are not only the goal of every team, but the core of what allows the team to be profitable. Season Ticket holders go to games in December. If there were no scalpers, the last half of the season would not be aired on TV in the Buffalo Market.

Still trying to make sense of this?

694688[/snapback]

I think by 'scalpers' he meant the ones who buy seasons to resell them, not the guys standing out on BigTreeRd on Sunday morning.

Not so sure he doesn't have a valid point -- drop a few thousand tickets presold to brokers, bus-tour companies, etc., and those late games probably DON'T sell out unless the team has a realistic shot at the playoffs.

This team will move due to the airheads running the business.  I wanted buy more than 10 tix to a few of the games, and they get real strict.  Have you ever EVER heard of another business that turns down a customer willing to pay for their product.  The only one I can think of is THE BUFFALO BILLS. Stupid business model if they ask me, and you wonder why the other owners are pissed off at Ralph's whining.  You think Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder would turn down a customer willing to buy 30 tickets to one of their games, I highly doubt it.  :wacko:

692996[/snapback]

Did you not get the letter explaining the TEMPORARY 10-seat limit, set to ensure all season-ticket holders had an opportunity to purchase tix? IIRC, it expires tomorrow morning.

True... I was just frustrated on that particular day. My point I was making is that late in the season, the scalpers etc eat a lot of tickets, and due to the rule stating the game must be sold out for it to be aired, most late games would not be aired in Buffalo. Just kinda backing the scalpers, whereas most people scalp the scalpers on this board.

I'm still trying to make sense of it.

The stadium is full regardless of weather they were scalped tickets or not. So they are being bought up, it's more a question of are they bought by noon on Thursday or not.

No?