Pat Kirwan Wonders Which of These

Pat Kirwan says:

Only 11 of the 32 NFL teams have not won the division since 2002: the Bills, Dolphins, Browns, Texans, Jaguars, Redskins, Cowboys, Vikings, Lions, Saints and Cardinals. Could you see two or three of these teams breaking into the top spot?

This year, I see several of these teams making headway--the Bills, Browns, Jags, Cardinals, and Cowboys in particular. But I don't see any on this list taking their division this year.

I think the NFC East is up for grabs, I can see the Skins taking it (not the Boys though with their QB situation ;) ).

The NFC North looks pretty weak again, I can see the Vikings winning if Childress can bring all that talent together... Bears' recent tradition has been 1-season-and-done.

And it wouldn't surprise me to see the Jags finish ahead of the Colts, I think Indy's window is closing.

I think the NFC East is up for grabs, I can see the Skins taking it (not the Boys though with their QB situation :blink: ).

The NFC North looks pretty weak again, I can see the Vikings winning if Childress can bring all that talent together... Bears' recent tradition has been 1-season-and-done.

And it wouldn't surprise me to see the Jags finish ahead of the Colts, I think Indy's window is closing.

692614[/snapback]

I think Philly is going to regain the top spot in that division. Don't let last season fool you.

Pat Kirwan says:

This year, I see several of these teams making headway--the Bills, Browns, Jags, Cardinals, and Cowboys in particular. But I don't see any on this list taking their division this year.

692584[/snapback]

The Cowboys will fall apart late in the season, but I expect a late surge from Cleveland- they are starting to take on the persona of Romeo Crennel, and he's pretty tough

I think Philly is going to regain the top spot in that division. Don't let last season fool you.

692883[/snapback]

Not gonna happen. The other 3 teams giants/skins/boys have all gained ground on philly especially the giants. Mark Brunell experienced a bit of a career revival but he'll be hard pressed to achieve that again. They also had no draft to build anything. I believe its the giants division to lose. McNabb will only throw it away if given the chance anyway.

Not gonna happen.  The other 3 teams giants/skins/boys have all gained ground on philly especially the giants.  Mark Brunell experienced a  bit of a career revival but he'll be hard pressed to achieve that again.  They also had no draft to build anything.  I believe its the giants division to lose.  McNabb will only throw it away if given the chance anyway.

693146[/snapback]

Sorry, but I also pick Philly. They have the best player in the division in McNabb- and they'll get the chemistry back that took them to 4 straight NFC title games w/out Terrible Owens

Not gonna happen.  The other 3 teams giants/skins/boys have all gained ground on philly especially the giants.  Mark Brunell experienced a  bit of a career revival but he'll be hard pressed to achieve that again.  They also had no draft to build anything.  I believe its the giants division to lose.  McNabb will only throw it away if given the chance anyway.

693146[/snapback]

Agreed...The redskins way overpaid for both Lloyd and Randal El. They

already had a good defense, they need to build their offense, but not by overspending for average WRs.

Dallas might be under the radar.....They have the best chance to overtake the Eagles. NY Giants are overrated. Their defense is on the decline and they have not addressed it.

I'll take Philly, with the Giants as a wildcard.

It'll be fun to see "our" line on the Eagles, with Justice and Jean-Gilles, playing quite a bit this season! Runyan is going on his 13th year--not sure what he'll have left in the tank.

Agreed...The redskins way overpaid for both Lloyd and Randal El.  They

already had a good defense, they need to build their offense, but not by overspending for average WRs.

Dallas might be under the radar.....They have the best chance to overtake the  Eagles.  NY Giants are overrated. Their defense is on the decline and they have not addressed it.

693200[/snapback]

everyone and their brother (well, the "experts", that is) is expecting Dallas to win it all....they love the Tuna and of coarse now that they have TO, the expectations are even higher.

everyone and their brother (well, the "experts", that is) is expecting Dallas to win it all....they love the Tuna and of coarse now that they have TO, the expectations are even higher.

693224[/snapback]

Too bad for them they still don't have a QB.

Sorry, but I also pick Philly. They have the best player in the division in McNabb- and they'll get the chemistry back that took them to 4 straight NFC title games w/out Terrible Owens

693150[/snapback]

Yeah I dunno if McNabb is the best player but when healthy he is certainly the best QB in the division by far. I think it'll be between them and Dallas, who probably has the best balance. The Giants are never good two years in a row.

I am amazed at how many people are on McNabb's jock. The guy's throws are all over the place and he looked good because of TO. Without TO, McNabb has a weak WR corps - though it is better than the Freddie Mitchell, Todd Pinkton, James Thrash crew.

And they still have no running game. Westbrook was great out of the backfield because TO spread the field. McNabb's stats looked good because of his dump passes out of the backfield to Westbrook.

They still can't stop the run on D.

On the positive ... they did have the draft I wanted the Bills to have though. :)

I am amazed at how many people are on McNabb's jock. The guy's throws are all over the place and he looked good because of TO. Without TO, McNabb has a weak WR corps - though it is better than the Freddie Mitchell, Todd Pinkton, James Thrash crew.

And they still have no running game. Westbrook was great out of the backfield because TO spread the field. McNabb's stats looked good because of his dump passes out of the backfield to Westbrook.

They still can't stop the run on D.

On the positive ... they did have the draft I wanted the Bills to have though. :)

693320[/snapback]

They've done a pretty god job vs. the run ever since midseason 2004 when Jeremiah Trotter started playing MLB. Of course the defense wasn't great last year, but it's hard to say how much of that was due to the painfully obvious fact that the team wasn't going anywhere.

As for McNabb, he has his weaknesses but other than Brady & Manning what QB in the league would you rather have? Other than maybe a healthy Palmer I can't think of anyone.

Too bad for them they still don't have a QB.

693265[/snapback]

ha! I feel the same way. but I was over on NFL.com just to see if they were sucking up to Tuna and Co....and sure enough they were!

this was the the pic that was up and above it it said "The Look of a Champion"

http://images2.nfl.com/photos/img9444783.jpg

Let's hope they are the Ottowa Senators of the NFL this year.

(keep clicking on the "next cover story" arrow, but don't do it if you're eating)

http://www.nfl.com/

692883[/snapback]

Philly has done absoultely NOTHING to improve their running game and have fewer people to throw to. Unless Andy Reid figures out that this isn't the CFL the Eagles are gonna have problems again. Their secondary was absoultely exposed last year and their front 8 really hasn't been upgraded much. Kearse got his contract and will now disappear for the next 3 years. Darren Howard is damaged goods and doesn't play the run. Their starting linebackers include Dhani Jones and Matt McCoy, along with Jeremiah Trotter who is quite possibly the single most overrated LB in the NFL. Bunkley needs to come in and be King Kong from day 1 which is pretty unlikely based on the history of rookie DTs.

They really could have used LeVar Arrington but they lost him to the Giants. Tom Coughlin isn't gonna mess around and bench him for freelancing like Huckleberry The Idiot did down in DC. His job is going to be finding the football and killing the man carrying it and the defense will be built around that rather than vice-versa.

Of course the defense wasn't great last year, but it's hard to say how much of that was due to the painfully obvious fact that the team wasn't going anywhere.

693323[/snapback]

The defense should be the last thing to quit, as a matter of fact it should never quit. If your defense bails because "the team isn't going anywhere" you need a new defense because they were at least half the reason the Eagles DIDN'T go anywhere last year. I don't care how terrible the offense is. The Ravens won a Super Bowl with a worse offense than what the Eagles put on the field last year because their defense didn't mail it in on Trent Dilfer and Tony Banks.

ha! I feel the same way. but I was over on NFL.com just to see if they were sucking up to Tuna and Co....and sure enough they were!

this was the the pic that was up and above it it said "The Look of a Champion"

http://images2.nfl.com/photos/img9444783.jpg

Let's hope they are the Ottowa Senators of the NFL this year.

(keep clicking on the "next cover story" arrow, but don't do it if you're eating)

http://www.nfl.com/

693327[/snapback]

I doubt it, at least the Senators make the playoffs. :)

The defense should be the last thing to quit, as a matter of fact it should never quit.  If your defense bails because "the team isn't going anywhere" you need a new defense because they were at least half the reason the Eagles DIDN'T go anywhere last year.  I don't care how terrible the offense is.  The Ravens won a Super Bowl with a worse offense than what the Eagles put on the field last year because their defense didn't mail it in on Trent Dilfer and Tony Banks.

693330[/snapback]

Whatever, the Ravens were the biggest freak of nature champion ever. Good luck following that blueprint.