Favorite Far Side Cartoon

I have a few, two are close to being the same:

1) A scene where two weary men are wandering through the desert, tired, hungry, thirsty, and with ragged clothes. Their footprints extend to the horizon and beyond. They miraculously find a drinking fountain, and the first guy is sipping on it. The caption is the second guy saying, "Hey, c'mon! Don't put your mouth on it!"

2) Same desert scene as above, only now the first guy is not drinking, he's just got the fountain on. The caption says, "Let's just let it run for a minute to see if it gets any colder."

3) Two pilots in the cockpit, and the co-pilot is screaming "My God Norm! The fuel light! The fuel light is on! We're all gonna die! It's over!!! We're all gonna die!!!....Oh wait, my mistake, that's just the intercom light."

:lol:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite is the one with two deer standing up and one has a red bullseye painted on his chest and the other one says to him: "Bummer of a birthmark Hal".

692031[/snapback]

That's on my office coffee mug that I'm drinking from as I type. ;)

aaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

God I really really really have to start looking at where those links are going before I click.

Time for the acid in the eyes again.

692200[/snapback]

That is the definition of the going over the "Far Side"

I'm pretty sure it was Far Side; might have been Herman:

A calvary soldier is saluting his officer, and has 4 arrows sticking out of him - one in his chest, one in his back, and one in each of his flanks. The caption was "There's only one of them Sir, but he's a brilliant tactician".

I'm pretty sure it was Far Side; might have been Herman:

692252[/snapback]

Wow, that's pretty close to an Ieatcrayons line. Change "Herman" to "Nancy" and Bingo! ;)

penguins

692257[/snapback]

They have (or at least HAD) this comic framed at the San Francisco Zoo. Larson was embarrased by this cartoon as he says he should have realized polar bears and penguins can nevere be found living in the same place (one from the North pole, the other South).

Of course, I'd tell Gary it's OK as they are found in the same place...the Zoo, for example!

I have two, but I can't find any links.

A chef is jumping up in the middle of a bunch of geese.

"Somewhere, in the midst of the flock, the cook is goosed."

And...

Cows standing up on their hind legs in a field. One yells "Car!" They get down on all fours. When the car is gone, they stand up on their hind legs again.

Mike