Veterans that didn't show up for this

I know this was voluntary for veteran players but I hope the five who didn't attend (Fletcher, McGahee, Price, B.Anderson & Vincent) had good excuses.

You have a new head coach, new defensive coordinators plus a few new assistant coaches. The schemes, etc. have changed and these five don't bother to attend??

Fletcher is supposed to be a vocal leader of this team so what does his absence say?? He will have new things to learn with the new defense. Vincent is supposed to be a leader also, and he was re-elected as the NFLPA union president. He's a safety with a big responsibility in the new defense and he stays away??

Bennie Anderson got a nice contract as a free agent last year and then he stunk. He's getting a second chance to prove himself to a new head coach and he doesn't attend??

McGahee obviously still thinks he's the best RB in the NFL and doesn't need to spend time with his teammates learning a new offense. Working out with other ex-U of Miami players is all well and good but why couldn't he show to get started on learning the new offense and support his teammates??

I saved the best for last with Price. Sure his best days were as a Buffalo Bill. He got what most considered a ridiculous contract after playing lousy with Atlanta and Dallas. He has to learn a new offense, new QBs, new teammates and he decides to stay away?? He has a lot to prove, especially in justifying his contract. Word was he had matured. We shall see!!

I know this was voluntary for veteran players  but I hope the five who didn't attend (Fletcher, McGahee, Price, B.Anderson & Vincent) had good excuses.

You have a new head coach, new defensive coordinators plus  a few new assistant coaches.  The schemes, etc. have changed and these five don't bother to attend??

Fletcher is supposed to be a vocal leader of this team so what does his absence say?? He will have new things to learn with the new defense.  Vincent is supposed to be a leader also, and he was re-elected as the NFLPA union president.  He's a safety with a big responsibility in the new defense and he stays away??

Bennie Anderson got a nice contract as a free agent last year and then he stunk. He's getting a second chance to prove himself to a new head coach and he doesn't attend??

McGahee obviously still thinks he's the best RB in the NFL and doesn't need to spend time with his teammates learning a new offense.  Working out with other ex-U of Miami players is all well and good but why couldn't he show to get started on learning the new offense and support his teammates??

I saved the best for last with Price.  Sure his best days were as a Buffalo Bill.  He got what most considered a ridiculous contract after playing lousy with Atlanta and Dallas.  He has to learn a new offense, new QBs, new teammates and he decides to stay away??  He has a lot to prove, especially in justifying his contract. Word was he had matured.  We shall see!!

690471[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that Jauron was quoted in one article saying that Peerless has officially been excused from the volutary camp because of a family issue. I think we take them at their word because actually whether he stays or goes will be determined whether he can produce enough to be the #2 or #3 WR on this team (at #3 we probably reached for him a bit with the contract but his contribution to the team will still be high as if his speed is anywhere near what it used to be his prescence in 3 WR sets will warp DC choices as the have to either go with their # 4 CB one on one with Peerless or put a fast guy on him which will weaken the likely double team on Evans.

Even if PP has a reasonable excuse it will be a shame and he will have to study harder to catch up, but as far as character goes, if he missed spending time wih a dying or sick close relative like a parent to go to a voluntary camp I would question his character if he showed up.

I'm pretty sure that Jauron was quoted in one article saying that Peerless has officially been excused from the volutary camp because of a family issue.  I think we take them at their word because actually whether he stays or goes will be determined whether he can produce enough to be the #2 or #3 WR on this team (at #3 we probably reached for him a bit with the contract but his contribution to the team will still be high as if his speed is anywhere near what it used to be his prescence in 3 WR sets will warp DC choices as the have to either go with their # 4 CB one on one with Peerless or put a fast guy on him which will weaken the likely double team on Evans.

Even if PP has a reasonable excuse it will be a shame and he will have to study harder to catch up, but as far as character goes, if he missed spending time wih a dying or sick close relative like a parent to go to a voluntary camp I would question his character if he showed up.

690549[/snapback]

I thought it was a baby shower.