For the classic rock fans

Attention fans of Zeppelin, Sabbath, Deep Purple and the like.  I give you..

Wolfmother

I picked this up based on a friend's recommendation, their latest was just released in the US this week.  Yes it's derivative, but it also rocks.

Amazon link

687358[/snapback]

I'm a huge Zeppelin and Sabbath fan, this band does not impress me from what I've heard so far, usually when they are being avertised and pushed as a band sounding like X and Y, they typically aren't that great IMO

I like them.  I'm going to see them live in Philadelphia in June.  I just so happen to be in town when they're playing so I'm going to go check it out.

687435[/snapback]

Where are they playing? Grape Street?

Where are they playing? Grape Street?

687449[/snapback]

Theater of the Living Arts. Never been there. I'm going to be in Philadelphia for a comic book convention (my yearly geek retreat). The plan is Wolfmother followed by Delilah's Den. Should be a fun time.

Theater of the Living Arts.  Never been there.  I'm going to be in Philadelphia for a comic book convention (my yearly geek retreat).  The plan is Wolfmother followed by Delilah's Den.  Should be a fun time.

687456[/snapback]

I have never been to the TLA, but I heard it was OK for concerts. You should have a good time.

BTW, there are several "establishments" near Delilah's that you can also check out. Plenty of entertainment in the area.

• 5 weeks later...