Levy Draft

I thought it was a Baby Ruth.....I am tired of Mort....

687283[/snapback]

haha, I'm assuming you're referring to that Jets program on the NFL Network where they put a funkified baby ruth bar in the pool and in some guys hat lol

I started reading Marv's book a few weeks ago and all the moves he is making is very consistent with his philosophy. One of the quotes he had was "offense sells tickets, kicking wins games and defense wins championships". He also details the drafts that he was invovled in while coach for KC. I think it was something like the 8 previous years before he got there, KC drafted an offensive player with their top choice. As soon as he got there, he began addressing their defense.

It a really interesting read given all the recent moves and draft that Marv orchestrated. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for the next three years....unless we have an opher season.

Go Marv!!

haha, I'm assuming you're referring to that Jets program on the NFL Network where they put a funkified baby ruth bar in the pool and in some guys hat lol

687290[/snapback]

That and Caddyshack

I've been wrong before.... but if we had drafted Youboty with McCargo's pick and McCargo with Youboty's pick (not saying McCargo would have been there) would the pundits be talking about how the Bills are loading up on defense with five possible starters in 2007 (Those two, Whitner, Simpson and K. Williams). Once they are in camp the word VALUE goes out the door. They are just football players and a football team. To risk going down even five spots for a third round pick and not getting your man is only relevant if you don't have a strong preference on your choice. The Bills' scouts obviously loved Whitner and I for one will cut them some slack until I see Whitner can't play. Go Bills !!

I've been wrong before.... but if we had drafted Youboty with McCargo's pick and McCargo with Youboty's pick (not saying McCargo would have been there) would the pundits be talking about how the Bills are loading up on defense with five possible starters in 2007 (Those two, Whitner, Simpson and K. Williams). Once they are in camp the word VALUE goes out the door. They are just football players and a football team. To risk going down even five spots for a third round pick and not getting your man is only relevant if you don't have a strong preference on your choice. The Bills' scouts obviously loved Whitner and I for one will cut them some slack until I see Whitner can't play.  Go Bills !!

688055[/snapback]

well said

I've been wrong before.... but if we had drafted Youboty with McCargo's pick and McCargo with Youboty's pick (not saying McCargo would have been there) would the pundits be talking about how the Bills are loading up on defense with five possible starters in 2007 (Those two, Whitner, Simpson and K. Williams). Once they are in camp the word VALUE goes out the door. They are just football players and a football team. To risk going down even five spots for a third round pick and not getting your man is only relevant if you don't have a strong preference on your choice. The Bills' scouts obviously loved Whitner and I for one will cut them some slack until I see Whitner can't play.  Go Bills !!

688055[/snapback]

Mort is really pissed at you.

Clayton has actually articulated his argument of the foolishness of the Whitner pick better than Mort. Clayton has said that even if Whitner becomes a pro bowler that the 8th pick requires too much salary for a safety. I don't agree with Clayton's assessment because our D style requires a safety to have a bunch of different skills (solid man coverage, run support, blitz) and being able to do this from various spots on the field, but at least its a better argument than Mort's -- There was chaos in the Bills Draft room and Marv is an old fool....

An aside--we should have the word turd default to Mort if he really said this...

The Mort in the punch bowl was the Bills draft

Willis not showing for rookie orientation displays how big of a Mort he is...

This morning while reading Mort's column on the toilet I noticed I had released a big Mort...

I lost a lot of respect for ESPN as a whole during their coverage of the draft.Not saying they had to fall all over themselves praising the Bills selections (like they did with NE)...it just seemed that they went out of their way to bash every pick.Even the later selections like Yobouty and Simpson got zero fanfare.Maybe i'm just a paranoid Buffalo fan...

The only reason those folks have jobs is because Americans are stupid and lazy in making an informed opinion.  They don't like to read or educate themselves.  They have become sheep.

688866[/snapback]

Actually I don't think that assessment is confined to Americans. IMO this is an aspect of the human condition.

It applies to 'the masses' in general & has probably been around since Adam said...

"Stuff the rule book. I'm not reading that."

and then promptly followed Eves' advice....*CHRUNCH* :)

Clayton has said that even if Whitner becomes a pro bowler that the 8th pick requires too much salary for a safety. 

688066[/snapback]

:devil:

The safety position has been gaining in importance over the past decade. Drafting one in the top 10 and paying one big money isn't foolish anymore. Roy Williams, Ed Reed, Polamalu...all these guys are game-changers. If teams and pundits knew then what they know now about Reed and Polamalu, both would have been top 10 picks - no questions asked, no complaints.

Oh, and just curious, what was Clayton's opinion of the Raiders drafting Huff? :angry: