Suns defeat Lakers in game 7

But he did give up on his team in game 7.  Jordon would not have done that.  :doh:  He kicked our Blazers' ass back in the early 90's.  :)

688676[/snapback]

Clyde "the Glide" Drexler.....one of my all time favorite players.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't Clyde accused of rape or something like that?

688691[/snapback]

Him too??? wtf? :)

Next thing you know, AC Green will be accused of something.

I am wondering if someone had bounced Nash off the floor and taken him out of the game (hey...there is still time for that) if you would have considered that fair.

--Fine with me if they did, but Steve doesn't piss people off with elbows to the chops.

and it's hard to foul someone that actually passes the ball. Heck Steve didn't even complain about the incredibly Laker friendly jump ball call at the end of game 4. He blamed himself for the mistakes and came back a leader on a mission. A true MVP.

Nice...the spark that is needed is to intentially try to hurt the opponents best player.

--Can't comment on this one, don't know what Raja was thinking and I'm not sure you can prove his intentions. 

As for Kobe and his swinging elbows....I dont blame either Kobe or the Suns defenders as it is the job of the refs to enforce the rules...it is illegal to put both hands on a ball handler and it is elligal to impede a players progess.....the suns were flat out HUGGING Kobe every time down and he was freeing himself...he was NOT intentially trying to hurt anyone. (not that he did most of the contact the suns were whining about were flops)

--I saw every game, the Lakers we're not prone to flopping themselves.

The difference between Luke Walton's foul with Tim THomas is that it was a hard foul but Walton was making an attempt to hold Tim Thomas up.....and anybody objective should be able to see the differnce between a WWE closeline and a hand in the face pushing a player DOWN is different then a hard foul but making an attempt to hold someone UP.....

--He held him up because he was underneath him, not because he was trying.

I am objective, that's why I thought it was a much harder foul then the Raja hit.

You are kidding yourself if you think Raja was in Kobe's head.....it was just the gameplan to not have Kobe take over the game. 

--Gameplan..???? That's a joke man ! Even The high almighty Jackson said that Kobe had the green light to take over if the "gameplan" to get his teammates involved didn't work.  Review Jacksons comments in Game 7. Kobe didn't even try in the second half of game 7 and it showed.

Regardless of all that.  Congratulations to the Suns they are without a doubt the best outside shooting team I have ever seen. (which is exactly what Kobe said his his final press conference...while people are trashing him everywhere he shows nothing but class)

---It's the media's fault for putting him so Frickin high on the horse. He's any easy target. Every  replayed highlight was Kobe this Kobe that....

---Oh well gotta go watch the suns loose game 2 again. Thanks for t he debate.  :)

688435[/snapback]

But he did give up on his team in game 7.  Jordon would not have done that.  :angry:  He kicked our Blazers' ass back in the early 90's.  :devil:

688676[/snapback]

To be honest I dont know what happened in game 7 second half Lana....nobody can stop Kobe but himself....but the lakers just couldn't stop the suns from scoring in that game and you have to take your hat off to them...they are an offensive machine......

I think something must have happened in the locker room before the second half....like Phil told him not to try to take the game over.

Got to thinking about this last night....

I apologize for any feathers I may have ruffled in this thread...and you are all def entitled to your opinions.

I myself have been a Kobe Bryant fan ever since he came into the league......I always thought him to be a misunderstood player but he has come across as standoffish and has made some poor choices over the course of his time in the league....

Kobe does a lot of good in the community that you dont hear a lot in the papers....it doesn't get as publicized as some of the other stars of the league.....he does things without anyone even knowing and it gets mentioned after the fact...perhaps if it WAS a little more advertised the world as a whole would have a little different opinion of him.

Regardless....you are all entitled to your opinions......

Well, regardless of anything off the court, and flagrant fouls, the biggest difference between kobe and MJ is that with MJ the Lakers would have won about 10 titles in a row. With shaq down low, if jordan didnt score 30 points, he'd have roughly 50 assists per game from feeding shaq underneath. He wouldnt have whined and bitched like kobe did.

And i do like your bills posts John. most of THOSE i agree with. We just severly differ here. :devil:

- If you have the resources to do it....go back and take a look at Jordans example of leadership....anybody that was not pulling his weight on that team he was all over like stink on rice....and that was considered being a leader...Jordon was a tireless worker...alwasy working on his game.....and Kobe shares those same traits both in leadership and work habits...only in Kobe's case he is "hard to play with".....

688366[/snapback]

Bzzt...let's take of the yellow and purple lenses for a moment. Jordan played almost his whole career with a roster of stars including Pippen and Rodman and NEVER did he run a guy out of town like Kobe did Shaq. Never. He used those guys to make himself and his team better. Without Shaq in the middle, the whole world sees Kobe for what he is....a mere SHADOW od MJ's talent. And I am most definitely NOT an MJ fan, so don't give me that.

If anyone's close to Jordan's talent, it's LeBron James.

I wanna make one more input into this thread and then I am gonna let it go...

For all those that talk about what a horrible person Kobe is...how teamates hate him and dont want to play with him....this came from a recent blog of Mark Madson who is a former Lakers PF and now a Timberwolve:

"I watched the Lakers vs. Suns first round playoff series faithfully and thought it was one of the best first round matchups in recent history. I was extra interested given that I used to play for the Lakers and since two of my high school teammates played college basketball with Steve Nash at Santa Clara University. Kevin Dunne and Randy Winn were seniors when I was a sophomore at San Ramon Valley High School. The next year I watched them a lot at Santa Clara where along with Steve Nash they all helped Santa Clara's team to several years of greatness and some amazing upsets. I would have never thought at that time that I was watching one of the greatest point guards who would ever play in the NBA. It is amazing what hard work and perserverance can do and how Steve Nash's passing and shooting ability has changed the fortunes of an entire NBA franchise.

It was also great to see a couple of old friends play for the Lakers. Notably, it was a lot of fun to watch Kobe Bryant, Devean George, and Luke Walton make big plays for the Lakers and almost pull off a huge first round upset. Kobe Bryant never ceases to amaze me. Amost everywhere I go, people ask me what it was like to play with Kobe Bryant. Random people I have never met ask me the question. I thought that now would be a good time to talk about my interactions with Kobe on and off the court. When I first got to LA, I remember meeting Kobe in the training room. Kobe was there with his personal trainer and the first thing I thought in my mind is "Wow, Kobe must really be 6'7"!" You never really know how tall people are until you're next to them. Shaq is definitely 7'1" and Kevin Garnett is definitely taller than 6'11". Kobe is easily 6'7" and it's crazy because I play center in the NBA sometimes and I'm about 6'8" and Kobe can play point guard and he's basically the same height. The first year I was there, I can't tell you how many times I came into the game and Kobe tried to get me a dunk or a wide open layup to help me build some confidence. One time after a tough game at Memphis he invited me to meet up with him and his high school buddy for a steak dinner. Another time he stayed around after a game to meet up with the ten year old daughter of a buddy of mine for an autograph and a photo. Still another time when I was upset about a certain on-court team issue, Kobe took the time to listen to everything I was going through and tried to help the situation. Kobe Bryant went out of his way a lot when I was just figuring out what it was like to play in the NBA.

I felt badly after the game 7 loss that some members of the media tried to criticize Kobe for not shooting enough in the loss to the Suns. It's extra interesting to me, because I watched that game very closely and analyzed the Suns' defensive schemes against Kobe. In the first half it seemed like Suns threw a "soft double team" at Kobe whereas in the second half they trapped Kobe aggresively with two men and forced him to throw the ball out of the double team. I actually thought that Kobe was doing a good job of trying to hit his open teammates but their shots weren't falling. I guess if you are Kobe Bryant and you get 81 points you get criticized for shooting too much and if you only score 20-25 points then people say you are not shooting enough. I thoroughly enjoyed the series and watching my old teammate Kobe play so well. I think that the Lakers are back on the map. I hope I get to see Devean George this summer in Minnesota and maybe I'll see Luke Walton at some Pac-10 reunion. (We never really had the Answer for Arizona basketball when I was at Stanford). At any rate, I still hope we go 4-0 against the Lakers next season and 4-0 against the Suns."