CUTTING TO 53:

TE - 3

Euhus

Everett

Royal

685365[/snapback]

Maybe I'm nit picking or reading too much into this but...

depth chart

It appears Tim E. is at least 3rd on the depth chart until Kevin E is healthy. I don't know what Cieslak did to get to 2nd, but it appears that is where he is slotted.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case some of you guys forgot, last year the Bills asked Duke Preston to practice his long snapping abilities. This could be a place where we save a roster spot, thus allowing us to keep another WR, CB, or DT. My predictions and reasons for the outcome of some of the players. Depth as well.

QB-3

Losman: Will start in NE

Holcumb: Back up to step in if Losman can't handle it

Nall: Holcumb's replacement next year

RB-4

McGahee: Skating on thin ice!!!!!!

Gates: Going to be a good solid player. Looks like Kenny Davis to me.

Anthony Thomas: A-Train may need to be greased or something

Williams: Scat back. STRICTLY scat back.

FB-1

Shelton or Goldsberry:Only factor here is age

TE-3

Everett: Hoping that he is the first coming of a TE to Buffalo

Royal: Just signed, not gonna cut. Strictly 1st down + goal line.

Euhus: LONNIE JOHNSON potential (Will end up working at the gas station across the street with Sheldon Jackson)

WR-6: Once again this year, one of the hardest positions to trim fat.

Evans: Hoping he can step up and make transition to #1

Davis: Injury prone potential, but a solid player

Price: If his head emerges from his arce and he shows up

Reed: Don't know why, Marv must think he sees something.

Parrish: Strictly a PR, maybe some slot work

Aiken: Special Teams, beats out Wilson and 'Fred' Smith

Nance: Practice Squad, might be brought up if trouble in red zone

OT- 4

Peters: Great size and hands down our best.

Jerman: Solid backup last year. Will make the team this year

Pennington: Lucky enough to be drafted by Bills in '06 (McNally must have asked for him) May start.

Gibson or Gandy: Depending on Gibson's weight.

OG-5

Villarial: Will be gone next year with inflated salary, needs production to return in '07

Reyes: Temporary clay filling, not the concrete we are looking for. Back up in '07.

Preston: Can play both guard + center. Lots of upside. (Could start by end of season)

Merz: Anyone surprised considering the only real option is Anderson?

Geisinger: Depth pick

C-1

Fowler: Once again, clay filling for now. May see Duke Preston slide in to start by the end of the year.

DE-3

Schobel: DUH

Kelsay: Needs to prove it this year, but will be on 53 man roster.

Denney: Improved at the end last year. On the bubble though.

*Will sign a guy with good potential to PS

DT-4

McCargo: Will start in NE. He is Rocky Bernard.

Triplett: Just signed from the Colts #1 defense, not a chance he gets cut.

Anderson: Third year player, jury is still out.

Sape: Fan favorite. Good player for depth and Cover 2.

Williams: Practice Squad.

OLB-6

Spikes: Possibly the best defensive player

Crowell: Improved a lot last year. Besides McGee, may be best player drafted from rd. 3 on.

Posey: Insurance Policy incase Fletch gets hurt and Crowell has to move over. Good in coverage as well on TE.

Haggan: Solid back up. Special Teams

Stamer: Special teams GOD.

Ellison: Makes 53 man roster. May see Practice Squad during season.

MLB-1

Fletcher: Anchor of defense. Only one because Crowell can play both.

CB-5

Clements: Shut down corner from '01-'04. Hopefully we see the old guy again.

McGee: Of course he's our number 2.

Youboty: Nickel back this year, get experience. Starter in '07 filling vacancy left by Nate.

King: I think you will see him improve a lot this year. (BOLD PREDICTION)

Greer: Had his moments last year. If he does not show drastic improvement, gone in '07.

S-4

Vincent: Still one of the veterans on the team. In his last two years.

Whitner: Will start in NE

Simpson: Going to be Vincent's under study for this year. May step up next year depending on Vincent's salary.

Baker: Will still beat out Bowen because this guy hits so hard it will make your nose bleed.

P-1

Moorman: BOLD PREDICTION

K-1

Lindell: Unless Dan Giancola comes back. HAHAHA

LS-1

Mike Schneck: May be cut if Duke Preston's LS has improved. If so a Free Agent acquisition may be likely.

Just some thoughts on the subject matter. I am unsure if it is so hard to make cuts because we have a decent defense or if the whole team sucks. Oh well, that's what i have.

Ummm...No.

Euhus: LONNIE JOHNSON potential (Will end up working at the gas station across the street with Sheldon Jackson)

He won't be on the roster, trust me.

He already did that.

I see you have jumped on the bandwagon as well.

Gandy will be the opening day starter.

To quote you, "duh".

Is that a compliment?

Maybe I'm nit picking or reading too much into this but...

depth chart

It appears Tim E. is at least 3rd on the depth chart until Kevin E is healthy.  I don't know what Cieslak did to get to 2nd, but it appears that is where he is slotted.

686171[/snapback]

I'm actually thinking it'll look like this:

Royal, Everett, Neufeld (because of his special teams play) with Cieslak on the PS again for insurance (if someone gets hurt). Everett has a lot to prove - especially that he can stay healthy. I think they keep Cieslak on the PS for some good, dependable depth.

I actually think Euhus may be done. Cieslak's getting a lot of hype right now, but I hope he doesn't fall victim to the Haddad syndrome from last year. I was really sure Drew Haddad would make the team - total surprise cut during camp because he'd done so well.

Then again, if we keep 1 FB on the roster, there is always the possibility that we'll keep 4 TEs. Both Cieslak and Neufeld are h-back type TEs so if the coaches decide to use them in that capacity, we could definitely see 4 TEs on the roster. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out during camp.

I'm actually thinking it'll look like this:

Royal, Everett, Neufeld (because of his special teams play) with Cieslak on the PS again for insurance (if someone gets hurt).  I think they keep Cieslak on the PS for some good, dependable depth.

686208[/snapback]

I don't agree or disagree with your statement but why is Cieslak listed as #2 on the depth chart. (see linky) :(

I don't agree or disagree with your statement but why is Cieslak listed as #2 on the depth chart.  (see linky) :(

686233[/snapback]

My guess is it's because Neufeld and Everett didn't participate in the first minicamp (both injured) so the coaches were only able to assess those who participated. I think it's so premature to assume the current depth chart is on the money.

Ummm...No. 

He won't be on the roster, trust me. 

He already did that. 

I see you have jumped on the bandwagon as well. 

Gandy will be the opening day starter. 

To quote you, "duh".

Is that a compliment?

686184[/snapback]

"THE red sock", you sure it isn't something that goes between your legs once a month? I say this because this is without a doubt one of the dumbest replies i have ever seen.

Why do you think that McGahee is not skating on thin ice? Oh wait i forgot his production was so great last year. McGahee is turning into a mediocre player, he couldn't break a run for a long gain if the opposing defense was not on the field. He is not showing up for mini camps, which is possibly the dumbest thing you can do when there is a new regime in town. The Levy era has no commitment to McGahee, and his contract demands, his assinine statements, and his sub par play are not going to keep him on this roster past this year if he doesn't pull his head out of his ass.

Lee Evans has not proved himself as a #1 receiver yet. Peerless Price thought he had proved himself as a #1 receiver after his last season in Buffalo when he was playing opposite Eric Moulds. The fact of the matter is, no matter how much you think that Evans is a number one receiver, he has not taken on the double teams that he is sure to get with Moulds' absence. Because he caught a couple of passes when Moulds was getting double teamed does not mean that he is a #1 receiver. He still has the chance of ending up a Peerless Price, so don't count your chickens yet you ignorant jack@$$.

With the Nance thing and jumping on the bandwagon, i wouldn't say practice squad is jumping on the bandwagon. I like the idea of having a WR that is over 6'2" on the team who is there if we encounter any problems in the red zone, as we did last year.

I am still baffled by your reply to my comment about Euhus. Did you think Lonnie Johnson was good or something? I was simply saying that he will be on the team if Brad Cieslak is not all he is cracked up to be. And what makes you so confident that he isn't going to be on the roster? Is it your sources from deep within OBD? Because you are almost as arrogant and simple minded as SOPRANO.

You don't know what Gibson brings to the table. He is a mountain of a man who will be on the roster, and i'm sorry to break the news to you, but the Bills line was not that good last year, thus making the competition wide open for starting offensive linemen. So it is not out of the question that Gibson could start by NE. IF he gets over his weight problem, i could see him starting over Gandy.

I'm sorry if you wanna keep all of the crappy players that were on the roster last year, but they aren't going to win us anything. Not this year, not next year, NEVER. If you want to follow a team with a guy like Ryan Nuefield, than you could probably follow Canadian Football, cause i'm willing to bet that he is playing for the Rough Riders or the Argonauts. This is a team that needs new blood and one that needs to break up Donahoe's "Friends of the program" club. Keeping some guys that he brought in are not going to do anything for us.

You don't know what Gibson brings to the table. He is a mountain of a man who will be on the roster, and i'm sorry to break the news to you, but the Bills line was not that good last year, thus making the competition wide open for starting offensive linemen. So it is not out of the question that Gibson could start by NE. IF he gets over his weight problem, i could see him starting over Gandy.

686585[/snapback]

What did Gibson do last year? I see he was a back-up on the Bears for a few games in 2004.

What did Gibson do last year? I see he was a back-up on the Bears for a few games in 2004.

686596[/snapback]

I was more speaking in terms of nobody really knows what he brings to the table so therefore we should not pass judgement (Although it is what we do best). He must bring something or Levy wouldn't have brought him in.

That'll do it right?

And actually i am a Sox fan. HAHA

686990[/snapback]

I don't disagree with a lot you had to say. The TE situation is a moot point anyway. None of them is going to be spectacular. As far as Willis being on this ice, his future is up in the air, but he'll be here through his contract. So I guess we don't see things too differently.

I don't disagree with a lot you had to say.  The TE situation is a moot point anyway.  None of them is going to be spectacular.  As far as Willis being on this ice, his future is up in the air, but he'll be here through his contract.  So I guess we don't see things too differently.

686991[/snapback]

Yeah i see what you're sayin there, TE is kind of a waste of time to argue about because really i don't see any of them going to the Pro Bowl or anything.

I think Willis will more than likely be here throughout his whole contract, but i think he is into the gange a little bit too much so i wouldn't doubt it if Marv tried trading him cause of that. I dunno i think we'll have to wait and see until this year and see what Willis' numbers look like and then we can B word or praise depending.

Yeah i see what you're sayin there, TE is kind of a waste of time to argue about because really i don't see any of them going to the Pro Bowl or anything.

I think Willis will more than likely be here throughout his whole contract, but i think he is into the gange a little bit too much so i wouldn't doubt it if Marv tried trading him cause of that. I dunno i think we'll have to wait and see until this year and see what Willis' numbers look like and then we can B word or praise depending.

686992[/snapback]

I am really hoping WM can get closer to the player he was at the U, but just playing after that injury is probably enough for him. I think he is working out in Miami with former teamates but for all I know that just means he's passing them the bong. :angry: