i hate to say it but mcgahee

Hopefully he has a great year. He has had flashes but to date has been very mediocre. We could have had 15 other backs including TH give the Bills the same production. Many of us see him as possibly a very special back but he has not shown that so far. I think the problem many of us have is that an average back should be showing more of an interest in his team!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya know, willis could have the exact same attitude, exact same college career, exact same knee injury, and exact same pro stats, but if the UM he came from was michigan instead of miami, he wouldnt get half as much crap on this board as he does now.

McGahee may have more talent than Thurman (maybe...questionable), but Thurman was a warrior, a team guy who gave, and expected, 100% from everyone at all times.

The Bills need a new Thurman Thomas, not the present Willis McGahee...

Marv just will not put up with it.

Yup, Barry did alright. :(

Personally I think your point backs up WM. 

If we take it as a given that our O-Line performed terribly last year, WM achieving 10th in the league last year was exemplary.

Imagine what he could accomplish behind a good line....

....with a good passing game.....

.....and good play-calling.....

....and being in on 3rd downs....

.....with the players motivated around him.....

No, I think he is going to be fine. :(

685691[/snapback]

I agree. I am confused as to what some fans expected from Willis in 05, his dumb proclamation notwithstanding.

After the 04 season, the Bills Offense:

1) Got worse at LT.

2) Got worse at LG.

3) Got worse (injury) at RG

4) Had Jerman lining up at RT at times, and an injured/finished/headcase Williams.

5) Got considerably worse at QB because a non-proven rookie was handed the job.

6) Lost their best defender and were playing more often from behind in the score.

7) Had their veteran "leader" whing to the point of suspension.

This is about the worst set of circumstances for a running back, any running back. Say what you will about Willis (for whatever reason) but he has size, sped, strength and the ability for find running room.

Willis didn't have a great season, but he was far from responsible for ill advised changes on this roster, the screwy coaching, nor the Bills poor record.

C'mon T-bone.  Our line sucked last year!  Give the guy a chance.  Two years ago he was the second coming and now you want him off the team?  Yes, I would like him to show some more enthusiasm but you can't blame him for going through the motions on a piss poor team.  We sucked last year.  Just wait until the season starts and then you'll be going to get your # 21 jersey.

685216[/snapback]

I realize the line sucks and Jp inexperienced etc. But the team sucking is not an excuse (IMHO) to have a bad attitude especially when a team takes a huge risk in drafting you in the first round. I hope you and everyoneelse are right and I'm wrong!

I think the point of this topic is not about his ability as an RB, but more his attitude and intelligence, and I agree 100%.  Willis is a dumb ass if you ever watch his interviews, and the proclomation of being better than LT was just plains stupid.  I am a huge Willis fan, but you need to see him for what he is.  In terms of ability I think hes got just about as much as any running back in the league, and our line was terrible last year so I expect more out of him this year with the two upgrades we brought in with Fowler, Reyes, and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Brad Butler starting at RT with Jason Peters moving to LT at some point in the season.

685234[/snapback]

You are correct. That was my point. I didn't say he was a terrible back. I simply have very deep concerns about his intelligence and attitude.