Dolphins Getting Desperate

Actually without Culpepper playing this season (let me rephrase that, without Culpepper having a full training camp and pre-season, which he'll need AT THE VERY LEAST since he looked like crap before injuring himself last season), the QB's the Dols have are worse than Fiedler/Frerotte. It's going to be a long season for them if Culpepper doesn't play, and play well.

I read today that Vick looked awful. No accuracy on his passes, and he looked like he's forgotten how to run even a basic offense. The article said he might be able to stick on somewhere as a "slash" type player. However, the article also said that Turley actually looked pretty good at TE and was the most promising player in the tryouts. But it's one thing to run around in minicamp and another to keep his temper during a game when everybody on defense is going to be trash talking to try and get him to loose his cool.

I can't think of a worse place for Vick to play, than in the state of Florida...Miami in particular.  Assuming he makes the team, we should start taking bets on how long it takes him to wind up on the Miami police blotter....

684836[/snapback]

I read today that Vick looked awful.  No accuracy on his passes, and he looked like he's forgotten how to run even a basic offense.  The article said he might be able to stick on somewhere as a "slash" type player. 

685901[/snapback]

Damn, I was hoping Marcus could be the new distraction of Dolphins and also tutored by Ricky. :(

...and tight ends don't take shots?

So, if ever he makes it past 5 yards down field and runs say a hook, The pass comes and there's a tip at the line and the ball floats to him, ya think the safety isn't going to go bugged eyed at that old Right Tackle with his back open, arms up to lay a helmet into?

If he doesn't want to be hit, he should play kicker or punter, lose another 60 pounds.

What next, a red shirt in training camp.

I used to like the guy, the WWF play but it got tiring. Yawn.

Heck, he could have played offense for us last year, 3 and out's not too dangerous...ouch.

Personally, I kinda of like what the Dolphins did. Obviously, I like Marv's approach of high character guy (trust in Marv). However, people make mistakes. Especially college age kids (I know I did). Vick and Turley would cost very little. If they work out, you get a very motivated player looking to prove something to their doubters. If they act up, you cut them. As much as I hate to say it, it is a very good calculated risk by the Fins.