If Losman fails at qb this year should the Bills

I think Quinn would be a good target if none of the QB's pan out. However, the Bills have other needs on offense they may be able to draft next year, namely offensive line. If there are good OLs in the Draft, the Bills might look to get a veteran free agent and give Losman the boot.

Quinn has a good arm and you know he is well coached under Weis. He will be ready to compete in an NFL style offense and will be able to make good decisions with the ball. If the Bills have the opportunity to move up and take Quinn, they likely will, if Losman does not do well this year.

However, there is a long way to go until then, so, let's play wait and see before making any final decisions.

I think by make a move he means pull a Ditka, give up our whole draft to move up to number one and take him. Clearly this would not be a scenario Bills fans would enjoy. I think if the Bills can get him they should, but not give up the farm to do so. We have other problems that the office will need to address next year. Forget about Quinn for now. Who knows, ND might go down the tubes and his stock will fall. Then no one will be talking about him anymore anyways.

How could we afford McNair and Brady Quinn? :w00t:

Seriousily how about we wait for this season to even start before discussing this and then my answer will probably still be no. I'm incredibly tired of wasting high picks on qb's. I'd rather build a team that build a quaterback. Buffalo is not an ideal place for a great passing offense. We Dont need the next whoever, some awesome passer who will put up 4000 yards and 28 tds every season. We need someone who can just open things up, and occasionaly make a play while leaning on the running game. Thats not too much to ask. I'd much rather waste 1st rd picks on boring linemen then franchise qb's. I'd also like to see Brady Quinn have more then one good year before giving this serious thought.

Thank you! That's the best point I've heard anyone make. Let's wait for the season to start before we start talking about our needs. This is crazy. The only thing I would say is, I think Buffalo can be a place with a fantastic passing offense. Jim Kelly did just fine throwing the ball in December and January.

Way too early to tell regarding specific players and if you want to assume some hypothetical dead lock certains John Elway level of play on Quinn's part the hypothetical gets fairly outlandish fairly quickly.

The real answer is let see how a good chunk of 2006 goes before we devote much worry to 2007 decisions.

Thank you!  That's the best point I've heard anyone make.  Let's wait for the season to start before we start talking about our needs.  This is crazy.  The only thing I would say is, I think Buffalo can be a place with a fantastic passing offense.  Jim Kelly did just fine throwing the ball in December and January.

683201[/snapback]

I know we have to wait but it's interesting to think about.

We aren't gonna be terrible this year in my estimation, just not good. ND's offense is gonna be good with Aldridge coming in and returning Quinn, Walker, Samarzidja and the return of McKnight. Brady Quinn will go top 5 but you're right, we don't know what's gonna happen so it's foolish to speculate.Personally I think Quinn would fit in well in Buffalo if only for the fact that hes played under a great QB coach and he performs very well in what I can attest to are terrible playing conditions here. When the weather is bad the stadium turns into a windtunnel, yet he stills plays at a high level and keeps his composure.

I'd love to have my favorite QB playing for my favorite pro team, but I'd rather have Buffalo turn it around and surprise us all this year. Here's to the upcoming season! Stay positive.

We aren't gonna be terrible this year in my estimation, just not good. ND's offense is gonna be good with Aldridge coming in and returning Quinn, Walker, Samarzidja and the return of McKnight. Brady Quinn will go top 5 but you're right, we don't know what's gonna happen so it's foolish to speculate.Personally I think Quinn would fit in well in Buffalo if only for the fact that hes played under a great QB coach and he performs very well in what I can attest to are terrible playing conditions here. When the weather is bad the stadium turns into a windtunnel, yet he stills plays at a high level and keeps his composure.

I'd love to have my favorite QB playing for my favorite pro team, but I'd rather have Buffalo turn it around and surprise us all this year. Here's to the upcoming season! Stay positive.

683213[/snapback]

Honestly, we should be happy even if the Bills go 8-8, or 7-9. That's where they should be aiming for, other than the playoffs.

I know we have to wait but it's interesting to think about.

683210[/snapback]

Oh so true.

Can you imagine if all of us on TBD were calm/rational/clear headed?

Bills fan #1: "Who do you think will start at QB this year?"

Bills fan #2: "I think J.P. but time will tell."

Bills fan #1: "I think Nall but you are totally correct, none of us truly know."

Bills fan #2: "What about the O-Line?"

Bills fan #1: "I guess we'll wait & see."

Bills fan #2: "yeah."

I hate/love the idiots!

Definition of idiot = anyone who doesn't agree with me. :w00t:

Funny - this time last year,  they were saying the same can't-miss franchise guy things about Leinhart...  We had our chance and passed.

New toys have a short shelf-life.

683180[/snapback]

I'll let you in on a little secret: Quinn >>> Leinart

:w00t:

No, we should rebuild the offensive line and then begin to think about taking a QB in maybe two or three years. A QB will fail unless he has the infrastructure in place to succeed like what Carson Palmer and Big Ben had. Here are things we have to add/develop before we can think about grooming a QB with success:

- good offensive line that can runblock and not leave the team in third and long too often

- proven #1 WR... Evans may get there soon

- proven safety blanket / red zone threat... Tim Euhus? Martin Nance?

- a defense that can stop people so the offense won't constantly being playing from behind against passrushes that sell out to beat up on our young QB

No, we should rebuild the offensive line and then begin to think about taking a QB in maybe two or three years.  A QB will fail unless he has the infrastructure in place to succeed like what Carson Palmer and Big Ben had.  Here are things we have to add/develop before we can think about grooming a QB with success:

- good offensive line that can runblock and not leave the team in third and long too often

- proven #1 WR... Evans may get there soon

- proven safety blanket / red zone threat... Tim Euhus?  Martin Nance?

- a defense that can stop people so the offense won't constantly being playing from behind against passrushes that sell out to beat up on our young QB

683279[/snapback]

Don't forget cornerback.

Clements might very well be gone next year and in that case, maybe we should draft secondary help with three of our first 4 picks, even if we must give up a pick in the process to do so.