Go On The Record, Try to Beat Marv

No trade downs or ups allowed because there's no way you can know what kind of compensation would've been worked out. For example, personally, I would've traded down from #8 overall to get another pick or two but that's not the point here. Just select the 9 players at the exact slots where the Bills picked. Don't cheat--take only players that were available at each draft slot.

We'll compare your players with Marv's players a year from now, two years from now, and three years from now. Keep in mind you have an advantage doing it this way because you now know exactly where every player is eventually picked. Your draft SHOULD be better than Marv's. Also, try not to pick players that don't fit the systems we run.

Yes, I know this is a pointless, stupid exercise. But maybe it'll be fun as well. Now let me see your drafts.

Here's mine:

1. OG Davin Joseph (would've traded down to get, but playing by the rules here, and I like him a lot)

1. OC Nick Mangold

3. OG Max Jean-Gilles

4. S Ko Simpson

5. DE Parys Haralson

5. DT Jonathan Lewis

6. DT Rodrique Wright

7. DT Steve Fifita

7. QB Erik Meyer

1. Haloti Ngata DT Oregon

1. Winston Justice OT USC

3. Darnell Bing S USC

4. Ko Simpson S S. Carolina

5. Ryan O'Callaghan OG Cal

5. Omar Jacobs QB Bowling Green

6. Melvin Oliver DL LSU

7. Fred Matua OG USC

7. Andre Hall RB S. Florida

Just my 2 cents. Now criticize away.

No trade downs or ups allowed because there's no way you can know what kind of compensation would've been worked out.  For example, personally, I would've traded down from #8 overall to get another pick or two but that's not the point here.  Just select the 9 players at the exact slots where the Bills picked.  Don't cheat--take only players that were available at each draft slot.

We'll compare your players with Marv's players a year from now, two years from now, and three years from now.  Keep in mind you have an advantage doing it this way because you now know exactly where every player is eventually picked.  Your draft SHOULD be better than Marv's.  Also, try not to pick players that don't fit the systems we run.

Yes, I know this is a pointless, stupid exercise.  But maybe it'll be fun as well.  Now let me see your drafts.

Here's mine:

1. OG Davin Joseph (would've traded down to get, but playing by the rules here, and I like him a lot)

1. OC Nick Mangold

3. OG Max Jean-Gilles

4. S Ko Simpson

5. DE Parys Haralson

5. DT Jonathan Lewis

6. DT Rodrique Wright

7. DT Steve Fifita

7. QB Erik Meyer

678886[/snapback]

I would have taken ML from USC the next Jim Kelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When are you going to get through your head that these aren't "Marv's" guys...? These are primarily Jauron's guys, and his coaches. They tell Modrak and the scouts what they're looking for. This info gives them data with which to stack their boards. Two players of equal grade, and one fits Jauron's defense better...guess which one is drafted...etc.

Marv didn't watch much film. They're not 'his guys'. This is not 'his draft'. He didn't hand-pick anyone like TD used to do, or so I've heard.

So what you're saying is you're trying to "Beat the Bills entire staff", not "beat Marv".

And by the way, since you have little idea which players fit Jauron's system and Fairchild's offense, any attempt to throw names around and call it a comparison is a sophomoric exercise in futility.

5. Ryan O'Callaghan OG Cal

679004[/snapback]

this is the only guy i wish the Bills had been able to tab. however, I still like the Kyle Williams pick.

it sucks to have to rebuild, but i like what the Bills did to stock their defense at need positions. next year, if they do the same thing on offense, i will be stoked.

When are you going to get through your head that these aren't "Marv's" guys...? These are primarily Jauron's guys, and his coaches. They tell Modrak and the scouts what they're looking for. This info gives them data with which to stack their boards. Two players of equal grade, and one fits Jauron's defense better...guess which one is drafted...etc.

Marv didn't watch much film. They're not 'his guys'. This is not 'his draft'. He didn't hand-pick anyone like TD used to do, or so I've heard.

So what you're saying is you're trying to "Beat the Bills entire staff", not "beat Marv".

And by the way, since you have little idea which players fit Jauron's system and Fairchild's offense, any attempt to throw names around and call it a comparison is a sophomoric exercise in futility.

679157[/snapback]

What you're failing to realize is that Levy is the one who ultimately makes the decisions for the Bills. If what you say is true (and it very well may be) he's still the one who made the decision to do it that way. If he's not the one who made the decision then he's just a figurehead as head of football operations. The buck stops with Levy whether he's the one that actually made each selection or not.

No trade downs or ups allowed because there's no way you can know what kind of compensation would've been worked out.  For example, personally, I would've traded down from #8 overall to get another pick or two but that's not the point here.  Just select the 9 players at the exact slots where the Bills picked.  Don't cheat--take only players that were available at each draft slot.

We'll compare your players with Marv's players a year from now, two years from now, and three years from now.  Keep in mind you have an advantage doing it this way because you now know exactly where every player is eventually picked.  Your draft SHOULD be better than Marv's.  Also, try not to pick players that don't fit the systems we run.

Yes, I know this is a pointless, stupid exercise.  But maybe it'll be fun as well.  Now let me see your drafts.

Here's mine:

1. OC Nick Mangold

3. OG Max Jean-Gilles

4. S Ko Simpson

5. DE Parys Haralson

5. DT Jonathan Lewis

6. DT Rodrique Wright

7. DT Steve Fifita

7. QB Erik Meyer

678886[/snapback]

While I appreciate your efforts and I do the same exercise of picking players wth the Bills spots after the draft. Remember though...it really isn't relevant.

The only fair  way to do this exercize is to make the picks at the time of the draft  not after when you know how things fell.