It's Official: No Immediate OLine Help

There's now no way that any O Lineman we draft will be a first year (i.e. THIS year) starter. With Marv's history of not playing rookies, (unless semi-forced), there is no way that a 5th rd or later O line draft pick starts for us this year. (unless of course, we get killed by injuries during the year)

In other words, we're going to get no immediate O Line help from this draft. This to me is inexcusable. All Bills fans were expecting some immediate O Line help from this draft. With us taking an O Lineman no earlier than the 5th round, it is even debateable whether we will get any long term O line help from this draft. That is even more inexcusable!

There's now no way that any O Lineman we draft will be a first year (i.e. THIS year) starter. With Marv's history of not playing rookies, (unless semi-forced), there is no way that a 5th rd or later O line draft pick starts for us this year. (unless of course, we get killed by injuries during the year)

In other words, we're going to get no immediate O Line help from this draft. This to me is inexcusable. All Bills fans were expecting some immediate O Line help from this draft. With us taking an O Lineman no earlier than the 5th round, it is even debately whether we will get any long term O line help from this draft. That is even more inexcusable!

678006[/snapback]

Have you heard of Free Agency...

Marv's history as a GM?????

In other words, we're going to get no immediate O Line help from this draft. This to me is inexcusable. All Bills fans were expecting some immediate O Line help from this draft. With us taking an O Lineman no earlier than the 5th round, it is even debateable whether we will get any long term O line help from this draft. That is even more inexcusable!

678006[/snapback]

I have a feeling (or maybe just a futile hope) that there's another shoe to drop on the OL situation.

678018[/snapback]

Still have 5 more draft picks, maybe there's a hidden gem. :lol:

10 more picks until Matua. :lol:

Still have 5 more draft picks, maybe there's a hidden gem. :lol:

10 more picks until Matua. :lol:

678028[/snapback]

Whimper's gone now, so I hope Matua's still around. Still, I was thinking more along the lines of getting a mid-level OL player already in the league via some kind of trade.

I wouldn't be so sure... Usually I'd agree but there's still a couple good guards out there and our guards really suck.

678046[/snapback]

We may get lucky and find something that eventually will help. But my point is that it is inexcusable to not yet have addressed this dire need before the 5th round. (At the earliest! We have not yet seen the 5th round picks)

We may get lucky and find something that eventually will help. But my point is that it is inexcusable to not yet have addressed this dire need before the 5th round. (At the earliest! We have not yet seen the 5th round picks)

678058[/snapback]

At the same time, it's plainly obvious that we stuck to our draft board as much as possible and have so far drafted high upside guys, which is what I really want to see out of a draft.

No high motor white guys... yet.

If you can defend not addressing the O Line yet, then yes. . . you are a dumbass

678070[/snapback]

First, the team has signed three OL free agents.

and they drafted an OT.

Is that "not addressing?" No. Does it satisfy you? That is your prerogative, but it is silly to make definite pronouncements focused on one part of the overall team-building process.

Why oh why do so many people want to proclaim the war over after First Mansassas?

That is the epitome of dumbassitude.

All that aside, I do hope that all Bills fans, dumbasses, geniuses, and JSP, will have much to celebrate soon.

Go Bills!