We should have drafted Siupeli Malamala

Kiper is never wrong, remember how he blasted us for taking Fina in the 1st round in the same year his #2 & #3 ranked OTs were Eugene Chung & Siupeli Malamala. Since Chung was picked earlier, Kiper would have applauded the pick if he was available & we took him in the Fina spot. He probably would have cheered Malamala if Polian had picked him over Fina.

For the record, whether you liked him or not, Fina had a much better career than Mel's #2-3 rated tackles in 1992.

WGR has been the voice of reason today, stating repeatedly that guys like Kiper, who Marv's critics are using as their basis to blast our picks, are never held accountable for their opinions after the draft ends.

For the record, a lot of "experts" had McCargo going exactly where the Bills picked him.

Kiper is never wrong, remember how he blasted us for taking Fina in the 1st round in the same year his #2 & #3 ranked OTs were Eugene Chung & Siupeli Malamala.  Since Chung was picked earlier, Kiper would have applauded the pick if he was available & we took him in the Fina spot.  He probably would have cheered Malamala if Polian had picked him over Fina. 

For the record, whether you liked him or not, Fina had a much better career than Mel's #2-3 rated tackles in 1992.

WGR has been the voice of reason today, stating repeatedly that guys like Kiper, who Marv's critics are using as their basis to blast our picks, are never held accountable for their opinions after the draft ends. 

For the record, a lot of "experts" had McCargo going exactly where the Bills picked him.

676031[/snapback]

Please be specific-who were the experts that had Mccargo going at 26?

Kiper is never wrong, remember how he blasted us for taking Fina in the 1st round in the same year his #2 & #3 ranked OTs were Eugene Chung & Siupeli Malamala.  Since Chung was picked earlier, Kiper would have applauded the pick if he was available & we took him in the Fina spot.  He probably would have cheered Malamala if Polian had picked him over Fina. 

676031[/snapback]

When you take the time to read some of these posts, I think you'll find folks don't have a problem with the player, just the slot they were drafted in. We had 4 picks and now we have McCargo, Witner and one more pick. It is highly proabable that had the Bills not traded, we would have McCargo, Witner and two more picks. They are not getting draft day value.

Please be specific-who were the experts that had Mccargo going at 26?

676075[/snapback]

I'll list 2-NFL Draft Scout's final mock draft had McCargo going at the exact pick we took him. Russ Lande (GMjr) had McCargo rated DT #2, ahead of Bunkley.

What do you think of this so far, Harv?

676051[/snapback]

I would have traded the pick & moved down to Denver's 15 or Philly's 14, if I had Marv's mindset of no QB. If Whitner was gone, I would have traded down again & drafted McCargo somewhere later in the 1st round or if I couldn't trade down further, drafted McCargo at 14 or 15 (I know, big reach-but I'd be using Marv's board). If that happened I'd go to my next S or OT on the board to draft. It's obvious that Winston Justice wasn't high on the Bills board.

Personally, since I think Leinart is the next Tom Brady, I'd have taken Leinart & dumped one of our top 3, probably JP even though the salary cap hit would have been huge.

I can't fault Marv beyond not trading down in the 1st, if someone else wanted Whitner early, Marv is right.

If JP & Nall bust and Leinart is a star, Marv blew it, but with our line maybe Leinart wouldn't be a star here.

So, basically, I'm still trusting Marv at this point, he's got a lot better info than I do.

I would have traded the pick & moved down to Denver's 15 or Philly's 14, if I had Marv's mindset of no QB.  If Whitner was gone, I would have traded down again & drafted McCargo somewhere later in the 1st round or if I couldn't trade down further, drafted McCargo at 14 or 15 (I know, big reach-but I'd be using Marv's board).  If that happened I'd go to my next S or OT on the board to draft.  It's obvious that Winston Justice wasn't high on the Bills board.

Personally, since I think Leinart is the next Tom Brady, I'd have taken Leinart & dumped one of our top 3, probably JP even though the salary cap hit would have been huge.

I can't fault Marv beyond not trading down in the 1st, if someone else wanted Whitner early, Marv is right. 

If JP & Nall bust and Leinart is a star, Marv blew it, but with our line maybe Leinart wouldn't be a star here.

So, basically, I'm still trusting Marv at this point, he's got a lot better info than I do.

676124[/snapback]

Thanks. Can't say I agree with the Leinart observation (I think his arm is going to be his detriment and it would have been magnified in Buffalo's conditions).

676031[/snapback]

I would rather have taken Kamala