JP Gets It

Crows57

In front of his locker Wednesday, Losman made some strong comments on the Bills' sluggish start.

"Coach keeps telling us we're good," he said. "Well, I don't think we're good until we start making those plays. Until (there are) no offsides, no holding penalties, all those little things get corrected, then we'll be good."

I think both of them are right, seriously. Mularkey is right to keep reminding them that this is not a talent poor team. They have the ability to be good. It's important that the team believe that or they will be self limiting. They will never play better than they think they are.

Losman is right to focus on the execution. Just believing you have talent isn't good enough. Mularkey is pulling. Losman is pushing. Maybe between them they can get this wagon moving. BTW, I think with is comments, Losman is showing real leadership potential.

In front of his locker Wednesday, Losman made some strong comments on the Bills' sluggish start.

"Coach keeps telling us we're good," he said. "Well, I don't think we're good until we start making those plays. Until (there are) no offsides, no holding penalties, all those little things get corrected, then we'll be good."

50492[/snapback]

So, in other words, he's saying "we need to execute better." Drew says it and it's BS/excuses, Losman says it and it's gospel. :doh:

I loved Losman's response on Empire that he doesn't need a doctor to tell him his x-ray looks good. he can see for himself. the kid is so cocky, it's great. it's like in training camp when he said he doesn't need an alarm clock to know when to throw the ball. He made it sound like the alarm clock thing was idiotic.

someone who is that cocky and confident (and has talent) has to be good. he won't allow himself to be average or bad.

Guest Guest_whatever_*
JP needs to check the attitude, because other than being drafted at 22 he hasn't accomplished anything in this league.....got to love the swagger though what a jerk

50594[/snapback]

jerk? Would you rather have him nice like drew? Would he suck as bad as Drew too then? Check out this link about your nice hero... http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/sep_0...3004Bledsoe.php

I loved Losman's response on Empire that he doesn't need a doctor to tell him his x-ray looks good. he can see for himself

50599[/snapback]

Of course he can...after all, he has X-Ray vision you know!

:doh:

So, in other words, he's saying "we need to execute better."  Drew says it and it's BS/excuses, Losman says it and it's gospel.  :doh:

50588[/snapback]

Whoa, someone making sense....

JP needs to check the attitude, because other than being drafted at 22 he hasn't accomplished anything in this league.....got to love the swagger though what a jerk

50594[/snapback]

I find it odd that you would make that comment about JP, yet in your signature you have YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!! WILLIS IS THE ANSWER!!!!!.

Exactly what is Willis the answer to? Being an unproven back?

I find it odd that you would make that comment about JP, yet in your signature you have YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!! WILLIS IS THE ANSWER!!!!!.

Exactly what is Willis the answer to? Being an unproven back?

First off I that line has been up there since the draft in 2003. And I do believe that Willis will be a star, maybe not here but he's going to have a great career. Now remember it takes a while to come back from that injury at least 2 years and he's not there yet. Anyways, Willis didn't come in talking trash, when he didn't accomplish anything so it's a much different situation than JP. I hope JP has all the success in the world and wins Super Bowls, but he needs to shut his mouth until he proves something!

QBs are supposed to have a swagger - they are the team leaders. You know all those comments about how the QB gets more blame and more credit then they deserve. Well that is is why they should have more confidence to speak out. Yes, in the end they have to prove it on the field but first they have to show it in their comments.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

Thats Kelly talk, not Bledsoe.

You have to have some balls to play the qb position. I like his attitude. Thats not to say he will be a success on the field, as we don't know yet, but I'd rather have his attitude of holding teammates accountable and putting it out there on the line. I think it makes everybody play better.

I agree that in substance what Losman says and what Bledsoe says are the same. Somehow it takes on a little different flavor the way Losman says it. When Bledsoe uses the "E" word, I tend to get an impression of separation. "We're good players, but then there is this execution thing that prevents us from performing like the good players we are. But it's not our fault, it's the fault of the execution. When Losman says it, the impression is, "We screwed up. It's our fault. Until we get it right we don't deserve credit for being good players." I wouldn't presume to know what Bledsoe and Losman are thinking. Maybe their attitudes are identical. I just get the impression over all that Losman takes losing more personally, and therefore might be the kind of guy who will work even harder to keep from losing.

50492[/snapback]

Man, I love that guy!

So, in other words, he's saying "we need to execute better."  Drew says it and it's BS/excuses, Losman says it and it's gospel.  :doh:

50588[/snapback]

I always like the insight that the "guest" implies!!

It honestly is a great point, DB says the same exact thing and everyone says that he's just laying out a line of stevestojan. JP says the same exact thing and everyone says that it shows great leadership. Come on people, wake up and get off DB's ass.

Part of it is that Losman has never been asked the question before. That's the first time his thoughts have ever been aired on the subject. Drew Bledsoe has been asked alot going back over the last two seasons, the last season in particular. It's almost impossible to answer the same question week after week without starting to sound trite or insincere. While I loved Losman's answer and his attitude, I don't believe he's ready to start at QB for Buffalo. Drew is still, and should be the starter.