I'm done excoriating this pick

It's not calculus, it's football. You need a DT in the worst way imagineable. A quality DT is available, you take him.

It's that easy.

Want a good example of what ignoring the lines in favor of drafting "best player available" means?

See: TD's tenure in Buffalo.

675188[/snapback]

So, who should they have picked at #8? You're an experienced NFL GM, let us know.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Whitner would have been taken by Detroit with the 9th pick. The Bills couls have traded down if they wanted someone else. They would not have gotten Whitner at 14th....Could have gotten Justice..

675215[/snapback]

Justice is stil on the board at #22 & dropping like a rock

Yes I am. It shows that aI think rather than blindly accept.

675226[/snapback]

No it doesn't. It shows that you're willing to B word rather than see whether it works out. Probably part of that WNY upbringing so many of us lived through.

It's the draft. It's a crapshoot. Same thing every year. At least we have the guarantee of you acting like a six year old whose bike just got kiped.

Who would you have picked? Please go on record.

Go be a Titan fan. They're thrilled with the Young pick.

675235[/snapback]

Bunkley or Ngata.

Sounds a hell of a lot better than a healthy dose of Tim Anderson or whatever other scrub's gonna be in there "stopping" the run.

So, who should they have picked at #8? You're an experienced NFL GM, let us know.

675242[/snapback]

He must read lots of mock drafts which only cover the 1st round to make he believe the NFL draft has been changed to be only one round. ;)

Wait and see who Marv drafts next and how the DT position is addressed.

Bunkley or Ngata.

Sounds a hell of a lot better than a healthy dose of Tim Anderson or whatever other scrub's gonna be in there "stopping" the run.

675254[/snapback]

Yeah. No issues with those picks!

A 2 down Ngata or a character and knee issues Bunkley. I'd be excited by Bunkley and also worried to death. Ngata would have me cowering under the bed. I'm pretty at ease with Whitner. It's a solid, no issues, fills-a-need pick.

even in gambling, some bets are better than others.

675268[/snapback]

What makes you think Ngata and Bunkley are better bets than Whinter? The media and mock drafts say so? ;)

What makes you know much better than a HOF coach? because you stay in Holiday Inn last night? :o

What makes you think Ngata and Bunkley are better bets than Whinter? The media and mock drafts say so?  ;)

What makes you know much better than a HOF coach? because you stay in Holiday Inn last night?  :o

675276[/snapback]

For one thing, they're playing at the position that (ouside of LT) is the THINNEST on our team.

For another, they are at the point of defensive attack.

need I remind you that our "hall of fame coach" has just as much GM experience as you or me?

For one thing, they're playing at the position that (ouside of LT) is the THINNEST on our team.

need I remind you that our "hall of fame coach" has just as much GM experience as you or me?

675290[/snapback]

And DT's take a long time to develop (at least based on past history)...so if the Bills took Ngata or Bunkley and he sucked the first 2 years...and Donte was playing great for DET, BALT or whomever...a thread would be started "man we needed a Saftey, why did'nt we think of Donte Whitner"

Some fans will always find something to be negative about.

Bills needed a S who can be a playmaker...and they got him.

Do you still think the draft is only one round? What makes you think Marv won't address the DT position in following rounds?

675290[/snapback]

And let me remind you that our "hall of fame coach" has evaluated college prospects for a long time and has much more REAL football experience than you and me.

Do you still think the draft is only one round? What makes you think Marv won't address the DT position in following rounds?

675303[/snapback]

Sure, he might. But take a look at all the late-round DTs we've drafted lately. How about that Anderson, Edwards, Sape and company?

Lighting up the league, huh?

;)

Sure, he might. But take a look at all the late-round DTs we've drafted lately. How about that Anderson, Edwards, Sape and company?

:o

675308[/snapback]

Please reason how the performance of past DTs guarantees the DT(s) drafted after 1st round THIS YEAR will be bust(s)? ;)

even in gambling, some bets are better than others.

675268[/snapback]

How so? I'd venture to guess you've never seen either of them play more than the handful of highlight reels. Watching Ngata's reel against USC showed he's lazy and fat and easily controlled. I won't even get into the fact that he doesn't fit the defense we're going to run.

Bunkley would have made more sense to me but I'm not sure I'd spend the pick on him, either. His knee and off field issues are serious matters, especially when you're talking about the salary cap.

I don't know crap about Whitner, but his size and numbers aren't issues and it looks like he makes plays. If the rumors about Baltimore wanting him are true, that's pretty good news for us.

;)

675308[/snapback]

How does that translate to this draft? Picking someone earlier simply means you'll spend more money for less if they suck.

I think the worst part of those picks is the scheme those players were tossed into.