Bills and Eagles continue to talk

Max997

this rumor keeps coming up, they didnt get into details except to say they continue to talk about swapping first round picks...i just hope Marv doesnt make the trade until they are on the clock and D'Brick is gone ( or if he goes higher ), they have to wait and see if they can get lucky and have D'Brick fall to them

the Eagles want a DT and it was initially thought they wanted Ngata but they actually want Bunkley who fits their style of defense better

As much as I like D'Brick I'd be happier if we trade down and get exta picks.  The more picks we get the better the chances are to get lucky.

673960[/snapback]

I agree. We need more picks in a draft that is light on top shelf talent but fat on good to very good. More bodies=more potential to find that diamond in the rough.

I agree.  We need more picks in a draft that is light on top shelf talent but fat on good to very good.  More bodies=more potential to find that diamond in the rough.

673972[/snapback]

Not to mention cheaper by the dozen.

I wonder who we want at 14? Ngata probably will be gone, but there is a chance Justice will be there.

M. Williams

Bush

Lienert

Young

D. Ferguson

A. Hawk

V. Davis

M. Huff

J. Cutler

B. Bunkley

Those players will all be gone by the 14th pick so that leaves a 50/50 chance that either Justice or Ngata will be there at 14th.

I agree.  We need more picks in a draft that is light on top shelf talent but fat on good to very good.  More bodies=more potential to find that diamond in the rough.

673972[/snapback]

Exactly, that was JJ's philosophy in Dallas and Miami and it usually worked.

wel if your ok with mediocre then let's go with it

674002[/snapback]

Clearly, everyone outside of pick #8 is going to be a huge flop in the NFL...

We need as many picks as we can get, and its not like we're even dropping that far. To go from 8 to 14 still nets you a strong starter.

We need as many picks as we can get, and its not like we're even dropping that far.  To go from 8 to 14 still nets you a strong starter.

674039[/snapback]

But...but...SHINY THINGS!!!

wel if your ok with mediocre then let's go with it

674002[/snapback]

how is dropping six spots to 14 and picking up another pick in the top 45 mediocre...and quite possibly still getting the player they want at 14

We need as many picks as we can get, and its not like we're even dropping that far.  To go from 8 to 14 still nets you a strong starter.

674039[/snapback]

Like any position in the draft #14 would be a crap shoot but it looks to be a 50/50 crap shoot recently.

2005: 1 14 14 Thomas Davis Panthers DB Georgia

2004: 1 14 14 Tommie Harris Bears DT Oklahoma

2003: 1 14 14 Michael Haynes Bears DE Penn State

2002: 1 14 14 Jeremy Shockey Giants TE Miami (FL)

2001: 1 14 14 Kenyatta Walker Buccaneers T Florida

compared to #8 which has been a little more safer.

2005: 1 8 8 Antrel Rolle Cardinals DB Miami (FL)

2004: 1 8 8 DeAngelo Hall Falcons DB Virginia Tech

2003: 1 8 8 Jordan Gross Panthers T Utah

2002: 1 8 8 Roy Williams Cowboys DB Oklahoma

2001: 1 8 8 David Terrell Bears WR Michigan

Like any position in the draft #14 would be a crap shoot but it looks to be a 50/50 crap shoot recently.

674054[/snapback]

Not that much safer...out of the 14th picks I think Davis, Harris and Shockey have turned (or will turn if Davis' rookie year is any indication) into very good pros.

Out of the 8th pick, Hall, Gross and Williams look to be good NFL players. Terrell is...well, I dont have to go there, guy is flop city. And Rolle, just like in college, has trouble staying healthy...only managed 5 games this season.

So 3 studs for 14th and 3 studs for 8th. I'd still trade down and pick up a 2nd if given the chance.

674054[/snapback]

WOW I still cant believe the Bears took D.Terrell

Tommie Harris was a STEAL for the Bears at 14 in 2004

WOW I still cant believe the Bears took D.Terrell

674067[/snapback]

Well I know this is the Michigan Homer in me talking, but Terrell was a hell of a good College WR...I watched just about ever one of his Games in College and I was convinced he would be a productive NFL WR...He's one of my favorite Wolverines right behind Woodson, Hutch, and Braylon Edwards... :blink:

Well I know this is the Michigan Homer in me talking, but Terrell was a hell of a good College WR...I watched just about ever one of his Games in College and I was convinced he would be a productive NFL WR...He's one of my favorite Wolverines right behind Woodson, Hutch, and Braylon Edwards... :blink:

674113[/snapback]

Michigan WRs just dont normally produce in the NFL

A.Toomer has had a nice career but he was never an elite receiver

B.Edwards will change all that however

674113[/snapback]

I agree, I mean in retrospect it doesnt look like a good move but at the time Terrell looked to be a budding star. But alas...the Michigan WR curse struck him down.

I agree, I mean in retrospect it doesnt look like a good move but at the time Terrell looked to be a budding star.  But alas...the Michigan WR curse struck him down.

674126[/snapback]

The Florida WR curse is even worse though...

that's why I want the Felons to take Chad Jackson,

may be the next Yatil Green! :blink: