Bills - Eagles Trade

Ok, here's my theory on the possible Bills - Eagles trade in the first round:

(1) From the draft value chart, the jump up from 14 (Eagles pick) to 8 (Bills pick) is a difference of 400 points. The Eagles pick in the 2nd round (#45 overall) is worth 450 points. If this were to happen, I'm sure the Eagles are going to try and pull something more from the Bills to make it "equitable". Heck, so we throw in the 5th round pick we got for Moulds (value of 43 points) and we'll call it a deal.

(2) The deal only happens if D'Brick is off the board. If D'Brick is on the board at #8, the Bills should be running to Tags with their selection in the first 30 seconds that they are on the clock.

(3) If D'Brick is off the board, I think the Bills must be targeting Winston Justice...hence the possible trade down with Philly. Levy stated that the guy they have been targeting should be available 4-5 picks later than where they are picking. The only gamble in this scenario is that Baltimore may snag Justice with the 13th pick. However, the Ravens are hurting for picks themselves, so they themselves may be looking to trade down as well and gather up more picks.

(4) If this is their plan (i.e., trade down to select Justice), I also give credence to the rumor that the Bills are looking to pull themselves into the bottom of the first round...with their sites set on John McCargo, DT. This would probably cost them our 2nd round pick and one of our 3rd round picks.

So, if all is said and done, here is what happens - Bills get Justice and McCargo in Round 1, give up their own pick in the 2nd round but pick up the Eagles 2nd round pick in the process, and give up one of their 3rd round picks. I would love to see this happen.

Ok, guys, go ahead and start flaming me! <_<

Ok, guys, go ahead and start flaming me! <_<

673931[/snapback]

you'll get no flamin' from me. if we can trade down (one or more times) and pickup some extra 2nd or 3rd round picks in the process i'd say go for it

this team has alot of holes to fill. one very high priced bust or boom player is not going to solve all of our problems

The only gamble in this scenario is that Baltimore may snag Justice with the 13th pick. However, the Ravens are hurting for picks themselves, so they themselves may be looking to trade down as well and gather up more picks.

Doesnt seem like a tough situation to rectify. Draft Bunkley, if Justice is on the board at 14, do the trade...if not, simply keep Bunkley.

Doesnt seem like a tough situation to rectify.  Draft Bunkley, if Justice is on the board at 14, do the trade...if not, simply keep Bunkley.

673938[/snapback]

No team would ever do it that way. You never get caught holding goods you don't want.

If a trade with PHI was to happen, here's how I see it :

Going along with the scenario that we trade with Chicago (26 (700) for 42+73 (705))... I don't feel good about not having a 2nd round pick... so, here is another scenario involving PHI :

BUF gets : 14 (1100) + 45 (450) = 1550

PHI gets : 8 (1400) + 105 (84) + 134 (39) = 1523

At this point BUF has : 14, 26, 45, 70

@14: Eric Winston, OT

@26: Davin Joseph, OG

@45: John McCargo, DT

@70: Rod Wright, DT

That way, we adress the lines on day 1, and look for sleepers on day 2 with picks 143, 178, 216, 248.

If a trade with PHI was to happen, here's how I see it :

Going along with the scenario that we trade with Chicago (26 (700) for 42+73 (705))... I don't feel good about not having a 2nd round pick... so, here is another scenario involving PHI :

BUF gets : 14 (1100) + 45 (450) = 1550

PHI gets : 8 (1400) + 105 (84) + 134 (39) = 1523

At this point BUF has : 14, 26, 45, 70

@14: Eric Winston, OT

@26: Davin Joseph, OG

@45: John McCargo, DT

@70: Rod Wright, DT

That way, we adress the lines on day 1, and look for sleepers on day 2 with picks 143, 178, 216, 248.

673943[/snapback]

I like this scenerio but with Justice @ 14. I think he is better than D'Brick.

people really need to stop looking at that chart

do you really think the Eagles are sitting there saying their two picks are worth more on the value chart then the Bills first pick

come on, its nice to look at but people are getting a little crazy with it

what does the chart say about the Bills pick when they traded down with Tampa and picked up a second rounder, I bet it wasnt an even trade according to the chart but it got done anyway

people really need to stop looking at that chart

do you really think the Eagles are sitting there saying their two picks are worth more on the value chart then the Bills first pick

come on, its nice to look at but people are getting a little crazy with it

what does the chart say about the Bills pick when they traded down with Tampa and picked up a second rounder, I bet it wasnt an even trade according to the chart but it got done anyway

673968[/snapback]

There are so many charts it's hard to tell, yet in using the chart found at ESPN.com it was a pretty even trade in looking back. As we traded the 14th pick in 2001 we gave up a value of 1100 and earned the 21st pick (800 points) and the 51st pick (390 points ) for a total of 1190 points. Though we must not forget we also traded that 51st pick (390) for pick 58 (320 points) and pick 110 (74 points) for a total of 394 points.

There are so many charts it's hard to tell, yet in using the chart found at ESPN.com it was a pretty even trade in looking back. As we traded the 14th pick in 2001 we gave up a value of 1100 and earned the 21st pick (800 points) and the 51st pick (390 points ) for a total of 1190 points. Though we must not forget we also traded that 51st pick (390) for pick 58 (320 points) and pick 110 (74 points) for a total of 394 points.

674011[/snapback]

thats what I mean, its nice to look at but its a guide if its anything. The numbers will almost never be exact

thanks for looking that up by the way