Trading up to Late Round 1...for a DT,OL..

Mark VI

It's probably for whatever they don't get with their early pick in Round one.. DT,OL...maybe Safety

But if Claytons rumor is true, I see RB's like DeAngelo Williams, Laurence Maroney and Joseph Addai sitting right around in the pick 20-32 range. They will probably be all gone by the time the Bills 2nd round pick (#42 ) comes around. After that, the pickings are slim to none.

Think for a second. Jauron and Marv are stocking a large pool of players at every position for camp competition.

At RB , you have McGahee who maybe is looking for a new contract right now. Behind him you have a 7th round pick who never saw action and can't block ( Gates ), a 5-4 midget ( Shaud Williams ) and ....and..... nothing. Remember, the Bills invited a couple UFA RB's in for a look during the last month.

Don't worry. We'll pick our DT and one more OL on Saturday. I see DT depth into Round 3 and maybe that early pick will be Bunkley.

But if we trade up into Round 1, what are we trying to beat other teams to ?

Could it be...RB ? Look at the projections. The Bears are just ahead of the Colts, Jags and Steelers, who want a RB.

Hmmm...

sorry Mark - I don't buy it.

I assume the Bills will be giving up their 2nd rounder this year and either a third this year or a higher pick next year to move up - they cannot make this move and continue to not address the lines on both sides of the ball.

Yes, I am happy about the Fowler - Reyes additions and the signing of Tripplett.

but I and most everyone here at TBD are tired of the Bills selecting the prettiest face in the crowd and then burying them under a mass of bodies. Can you remember the days when the Bills o-line opened up holes for our RB's? This nonsense has to end. It all begins and ends at the line of scrimmage. If the Bills move up, it better be to grab prime meat. Since the Bills will have drafted DT in round 1, the addition of Reyes notwithstanding, the move to 26 makes sense only to grab an OT or prime OG.

BTW - Clements can whine all he wants, he ours for the 2006 seeason. At the very least.

live with it.

:blink:

sorry Mark - I don't buy it.

I assume the Bills will be giving up their 2nd rounder this year and either a third this year or a higher pick next year to move up - they cannot make this move and continue to not address the lines on both sides of the ball.

Yes, I am happy about the Fowler - Reyes additions and the signing of Tripplett.

but I and most everyone here at TBD are tired of the Bills selecting the prettiest face in the crowd and then burying them under a mass of bodies. Can you remember the days when the Bills o-line opened up holes for our RB's? This nonsense has to end. It all begins and ends at the line of scrimmage. If the Bills move up, it better be to grab prime meat. Since the Bills will have drafted DT in round 1, the addition of Reyes notwithstanding, the move to 26 makes sense only to grab an OT or prime OG.

BTW - Clements can whine all he wants, he ours for the 2006 seeason.  At the very least.

live with it.

:blink:

672650[/snapback]

The Bills SB lines were basically made up with two number ones and three street free agents. So what does that tell you?

its definitely interesting to think about, also... couldnt we say the same for the CB position? I'd absolutely LOVE to see Antonio Cromartie sit behind clements and mcgee and learn and then take over once clements leaves in a year, he is so talented.

absolutely nothing

672742[/snapback]

Precisely. Our lines havent sucked because we only drafted and signed lower tier players, they sucked because those players turned out to suck. The high picks and the low ones. The better FAs and the lesser ones. You can find good players everywhere. We have drafted bad, recruited bad and got unlucky. I am all for drafting all kinds of linemen high this year, because there looks to be a bunch of good ones. That wasnt necessarily true where we have been picking lately.

Could it be...RB ? 

672620[/snapback]

IMO, backup RBs are the easiest position to fill in the NFL, so I don't want the Bills wasting a Day-1 pick on one this year.

We need to lay a foundation on the O- and D-lines, then look for developmental DB candidates, either at corner or free safety.

Colts | Team could move down in the NFL Draft

Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:46:51 -0700

Reggie Hayes, of the News-Sentinel, reports Indianapolis Colts team president Bill Polian indicated the team could move down in the NFL Draft. The Colts may be willing to deal the No.30 pick for one earlier in the second round, where they'd be assured to land one of their running back choices, plus pick up something extra.

"Trading down is certainly a real possibility," Polian said. Polian said he believes a quality replacement for RB Edgerrin James will be available when the Colts are ready to pick a running back, whether it's the first, second or even third round.

Colts | Team could move down in the NFL Draft

Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:46:51 -0700

Reggie Hayes, of the News-Sentinel, reports Indianapolis Colts team president Bill Polian indicated the team could move down in the NFL Draft. The Colts may be willing to deal the No.30 pick for one earlier in the second round, where they'd be assured to land one of their running back choices, plus pick up something extra.

"Trading down is certainly a real possibility," Polian said. Polian said he believes a quality replacement for RB Edgerrin James will be available when the Colts are ready to pick a running back, whether it's the first, second or even third round.

672928[/snapback]

One thing I would love to listen to is that phone call between Nappy and Marv trying to schmooze and con each other.