Opinions on Bills taking a QB at all

BobbyC81

it's pretty freaking simple. qb is the most important position on the team. if levy, jauron, etc. think our qbs aren't very good -- and trust me, they know far more than we do, regardless of the fact that we post more -- it's imperative to take a qb early. if they're reasonably satisfied with the stable, then they most likely won't.

it's pretty freaking simple. qb is the most important position on the team. if levy, jauron, etc. think our qbs aren't very good -- and trust me, they know far more than we do, regardless of the fact that we post more -- it's imperative to take a qb early. if they're reasonably satisfied with the stable, then they most likely won't.

671545[/snapback]

I agree with what you've said except....

If you look at the bust stats, you will notice a huge number from 1st round QBs.

I can only see us taking one if Levy etc are happy to gamble(hell, Levy might just at that, he probably won't be GM for too many years).

We'd be better off drafting QBs from rounds 2-7, 1 ever second year till we find a....

Brady, Favre, Weinke, Brees, Hasselbeck, Brunell, Green

or even a......

Bulger, Simms, Brooks, Griese, Plummer, Grbac

OK, so for everyone that disagrees with me that Holcomb could be the man out this is why I think that way.

Holcomb has no upside for the future of the Bills, he is not going to be the QB of the future for Buffalo and is not a starter this late in his career (he is a great backup but I don't think he's much more then that, like Van Pelt and Reich were for Buffalo)

If next year is a complete rebuilding year, why do we really need a veteran QB?Both QB's (Nall and Losman) have playing experience. I think the 2 of them will fit for the #1-2 spots.

I think that Holcomb will not want to sit around and be a #3 so if it came down to it, I think he will try to force his way out of Buffalo cause he could be a backup for most other teams.

Buffalo will not bring in an early pick QB in this draft, but maybe a lower one that could end up on the practice squad this year, or as a number 3, or they could move one of the NFLE Qb's we have over to #3