Hey Tom, anyone you know?

Impolite Chimps with an attitude.

:w00t:

I understand that there is a lot of violence in their little inter-chimp culture, but I didn't know they would go this far.

669219[/snapback]

Yeah, I know those !@#$s. One of 'em told me the driver's last words were "Get your hands off me, you damned dirty ape!"

Chimps can actually get pretty violent - chimpanzee attacks aren't unheard of, although for a pack of them to attack a group of people is unusual.

Baboons are the worst, though...not just aggressive, but malevolent. They've been witnessed catching live birds and plucking off all the feathers, just for kicks.

Baboons are the worst, though...not just aggressive, but malevolent. They've been witnessed catching live birds and plucking off all the feathers, just for kicks.

669249[/snapback]

...This is so true...

A Navy sea story...We were on a port visit to Mombasa Kenya. Some of my shipmates and I went on a full-day safari to Tsavo East, a game preserve. At the end of the day we were taken to a lodge for dinner before were driven back to the ship. The lodge was surrounded by baboons, and we were warned not to feed them. Well one of the guys I was with ignored the warning and was teasing one of the baboons with a piece of cake. You'd have sworn the baboon had been on the UFC show on Spike. It reached up and clawed down the front of him from chest to groin. When he doubled over in pain, the thing uppercutted him! He dropped like a rock. The baboon the preceded to sit on his chest and eat the cake! It was one of the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life! :)

669249[/snapback]

...This is so true...

A Navy sea story...We were on a port visit to Mombasa Kenya. Some of my shipmates and I went on a full-day safari to Tsavo East, a game preserve. At the end of the day we were taken to a lodge for dinner before were driven back to the ship. The lodge was surrounded by baboons, and we were warned not to feed them. Well one of the guys I was with ignored the warning and was teasing one of the baboons with a piece of cake. You'd have sworn the baboon had been on the UFC show on Spike. It reached up and clawed down the front of him from chest to groin. When he doubled over in pain, the thing uppercutted him! He dropped like a rock. The baboon the preceded to sit on his chest and eat the cake! It was one of the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life! :)

669678[/snapback]

Alright, that's it....It's time to call in Chuck Norris.

Holy Crap - it's an epidemic!

California? Whoa, dude...

Dr. Maureen Martin of Kern Medical Center told KGET-TV of Bakersfield that the monkeys chewed most of Davis' face off and that he would require extensive surgery in an attempt to reattach his nose. Chealander told The Bakersfield Californian that the chimps also tore off Davis' testicles and foot.

If Bubbles would ever have a moment, maybe that Michael Jackson thing could finally get solved once and for all.

If Bubbles would ever have a moment, maybe that Michael Jackson thing could finally get solved once and for all.

670769[/snapback]

How the HELL do you tear off a foot???? And I'm not even going to think about having my testicles yanked off by some ape......although I do think we should look into that for military use during interrogation ;) Hell, you don't even need to let the monkey out....just show the prisoner a video of some guy having his sac ripped off and have a monkey sitting in a cage where he can see it.

670769[/snapback]

In 2000, after city prosecutors decided to drop charges against the Davises in Moe's 1999 attack, St. James Davis said Moe was not a threat to the public and attacked only when provoked.

"Animals bite, people bite, Mike Tyson bites. So what?" he said.

Ironic quote from the victim.

Here's an old one:

In Florida, somebody set up a contest booth - cage, actually. The sign said "Fight the Chimp! You win $100 if you stay in for 2 minutes! Entry fee - $5."

A strapping young lad, with the arrogance of youth and the courage of beer, pays his five bucks, and in he goes.

The little ape jumps on him from the front, legs dangling over the lad's shoulders and down his back. Cheetah pounds a furious tatoo on the kid's skull, who collapses unconscious in 20 seconds.

When he came to, his buddies said "Why didn't you punch him in the b*lls???

He replied, "I didn't want to make him mad !!!".

:P

How the HELL do you tear off a foot????  And I'm not even going to think about having my testicles yanked off by some ape......although I do think we should look into that for military use during interrogation  :lol:  Hell, you don't even need to let the monkey out....just show the prisoner a video of some guy having his sac ripped off and have a monkey sitting in a cage where he can see it.

670773[/snapback]

You pull really hard. :lol: Ankle joints aren't engineered to be that resistant to being pulled apart.

"A big part of the investigation will be figuring out whether the (sanctuary) owners were in compliance with regulations," sheriff's Cmdr. Hal Chealander said. "There's a reason why those chimpanzees got out.

Yeah...because they're friggin' chimpanzees. Monkeys are consummate escape artists. And they typically don't read the California regulations on exotic animal handling, so they don't know they're not supposed to escape. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...meanwhile, back in the jungle...

In all, 31 chimpanzees escaped two weeks ago by using sticks to get out through a sliding metal door, said Balasingam Amarasekeran, head of the Tacugama Chimpanzee Sanctuary outside Freetown

"We never thought they could use sticks to destroy" the door, Amarasekeran said. "We are dealing with species that are very intelligent."

Apparantly, a lot more intelligent than you are, nimrod...

As I said above, monkeys are consummate escape artists. But hell...even my cats can escape through a sliding door.

Apparantly, a lot more intelligent than you are, nimrod...

685806[/snapback]

I'm convinced that fully 80% of Americans are too stupid to accomplish what I see cats and dogs do on a daily basis.