Hmmm..Soccer vs Hockey...

The funniest thing about the clip is the guys kicking the air then running backwords.

And what did the guy expect to happen when he slapped a man. If you slap a man, you better be ready to fight. You probably shouldn't turn away from the guy... You know what, scratch that, dont slap men.

The funniest thing about the clip is the guys kicking the air then running backwords. 

And what did the guy expect to happen when he slapped a man.  If you slap a man, you better be ready to fight.  You probably shouldn't turn away from the guy... You know what, scratch that, dont slap men.

668168[/snapback]

Who are all the guys in suits running out and kicking in the air too? Looked like a Can-Can festival.

And what did the guy expect to happen when he slapped a man.  If you slap a man, you better be ready to fight.  You probably shouldn't turn away from the guy... You know what, scratch that, dont slap men.

668168[/snapback]

Somebody find the Charlie Murphy quote about how you can't slap a man.

That was easily the worst fight I've ever seen.

668241[/snapback]

In younger days (much younger...) I had a couple "altercations" in Europe here and there. I don't know who was more surprised, me as the guy getting attacked with an open handed slap, or the guy that came after me that got punched in the throat and then got his head run into the table.

Oh, thumb fights used to be big there too.

I still don't get why it is soccer VS. hockey, since many of us enjoy BOTH sports, but since you're having so much fun with it......

let me just say this.....there is no professional soccer player anywhere on earth that could not kick the living sh-- out of Wayne Gretsky....

I still don't get why it is soccer VS. hockey, since many of us enjoy BOTH sports, but since you're having so much fun with it......

let me just say this.....there is no professional soccer player anywhere on earth that could not kick the living sh-- out of Wayne Gretsky....

668254[/snapback]

Great set up, AJ. You have a future as the straight man.

668241[/snapback]

if you fight in soccer you can get multiple suspension just like in the NFL. most of the time though, the coach will send out a guy to take out the attacker's legs when he doesn't expect it with a goon instead.

668254[/snapback]

OK, so every man alive (with the exception of Phil Sykes) can beat up Wayne Gretzky. How many of your soccer playing buddies could beat up "Cement Head" Semenko or McSorley? Not many (or more accurately, NONE). Neither could many hockey players, which is why Gretzky didn't have to fight much.

OK, so every man alive (with the exception of Phil Sykes) can beat up Wayne Gretzky.  How many of your soccer playing buddies could beat up "Cement Head" Semenko or McSorley?  Not many (or more accurately, NONE).  Neither could many hockey players, which is why Gretzky didn't have to fight much.

668595[/snapback]

In all honesty, I couldn't care less, lol.....Why some of you are so bothered by the fact that there are soccer fans here is beyond me! I have yet to see anyone hacking on hockey, so why do some of you feel the need to puff out your chests?? I love watching hockey, I just didn't grow up with it like a lot of others, and I'm not as big a fan as a lot of others. I watch both, enjoy both, and am interested in talking about both. Why some people want to make it into a pissing match, I dunno :)

In all honesty, I couldn't care less, lol.....Why some of you are so bothered by the fact that there are soccer fans here is beyond me!  I have yet to see anyone hacking on hockey....I love watching hockey, I just didn't grow up with it like a lot of others, and I'm not as big a fan as a lot of others. I watch both, enjoy both, and am interested in talking about both. Why some people want to make it into a pissing match, I dunno  :)

668613[/snapback]

I don't have a problem with soccer fans as I actually like to watch World Cup games and actually go to indoor games (or at least I used to before the Blizzard folded).

I didn't start the p*ssing match (don't think you did either actually), but was merely pointing out the fact that Gretzky not being a bruiser really isn't an indictment of the guy nor the sport.