Any Mustang enthusiasts?

SDS

I don't get it either.  The US auto industry has its head up its a$$ when it comes to ventures like this.  The product works, meets cost and performance targets, yet the "PM" gets booted.  ??

666948[/snapback]

Confused..Mustang meets meets market expection vs. heads up a**? Help! :flirt:

Huh? I don't get that out of your reference...

IIRC you wanted a Chrysler 300C a year or so ago.  Get the 300hp Mustang!!! :flirt:

666944[/snapback]

Why !@#$ around....The new Vettes are unreal and dependable as can be. It's consistanly on Consumer Reports best value for the buck.

Why !@#$ around....The new Vettes are unreal and dependable as can be. It's consistanly on Consumer Reports best value for the buck.

666964[/snapback]

I disagree. The Mustang is much cheaper and more than capable of having you lose your driving license for the rest of your life. :flirt:

I disagree. The Mustang is much cheaper and more than capable of having you lose your driving license for the rest of your life. :flirt:

666974[/snapback]

I just rented one when I was down in Florida, they are great. They drive like old muscle cars, which is what one would expect.

I did not get the point of SDS's comment.  The product is meeting the market requirement.

667057[/snapback]

the point is they fired the guy who designed their best product. What is there not to understand? Did you read the article?

I did not get the point of SDS's comment.  The product is meeting the market requirement.

667057[/snapback]

Let's see.

1. Dude is given mission to design a great car.

2. Dude leads team that designs great car. Sells lots and makes tons of money for struggling automaker.

3. Dude is eased out because he didn't fit his team's design into the neat "corporatelly mandated" box.

ie: This particular American automaker is still being run like an old guard company, which will generally mean substandard product at inflated prices.

Huh? I don't get that out of your reference...

IIRC you wanted a Chrysler 300C a year or so ago.  Get the 300hp Mustang!!! :flirt:

666944[/snapback]

Ok, I can see the confusion in my remark.

The point wasn't to hammer the Mustang, but to hammer American auto companies in general for their stupidity (if this story is indeed true). Many people will just stand up and say "buy American", but that requires putting your stamp of approval on these retards that run Ford and GM.

Ok, I can see the confusion in my remark.

The point wasn't to hammer the Mustang, but to hammer American auto companies in general for their stupidity (if this story is indeed true).  Many people will just stand up and say "buy American", but that requires putting your stamp of approval on these retards that run Ford and GM.

667114[/snapback]

Well,..history shows these things being offered to the mass market by those idiots:

electric starting

V-8 motors

power steering

power brakes

power locks

power windows

automatic transmissions

radios

supercharging

turbocharging

alternators

Cathodic E-Coat

Water-base top coats

High strength steel

Air Bags

Shoulder belts

and others.

Americans are far from idiots, as well as the companies they work for. Immigrants pour into our universities. No one else is even close to exploring the universe. Our technology is stolen by foreigners daily...

These US auto companies helped save the World; they in short order marshalled themselves, and built the tanks, the airplanes, the cannons, the ships. for WWI and again in WWII. They participate in exploration of earth, land , and sky. They are huge thchnological engines.

Their wages paid through the years built much of suburbia; that wage paid for many a school system. Built housing, bought food, purchased books.

Their suppliers account for something like 1 in 9 US jobs.

Attack them if you like. Hammer them. I happen to like their products.

Do you want to do best to kill 'em.?

SDS - I really know a lot about the literal nuts and bolts of the transportation biz. I could go on for a long time about the problems in the marketplace of the Oriental makes. And the Germans. and the US builds. Fact is, there is much complexity to days's vehichles - and substantially more reliability. I might add - foreign manufacturer in the US laugh at paying even a semblence of a pension, and pay US taxation on profits but don't have that obglition in their home country. Nice financial advantage. Ford, GM in Europe, pay on both ends...

Like always, most of the road problems that afflict the folks are because they refuse to realize that any car is a complicated colllection of over 20,000 parts, and their idea of maintenence is to scrape their feet on the rocker boxes...