"Bills staying put" according to Tags

Does anyone know anything about this guy distinctly? Or is just assumed he would support the Bills because he is from Jamestown?

666299[/snapback]

OK, let me rephrase.

When he is actually named commissioner, I MAY consider this a good thing for the Bills and the Bills long term future in Buffalo. Until he is chosen, this means absolutely nothing for the Bills.

Well at least thats somewhat settled now...

Anyone else think that Tags would have had no problem letting the Bills die if they didnt create such a huge public awareness over their plight?

666358[/snapback]

Ralph is a friggin' genius of a businessman...I'd hate to face him in a boardroom...:-)

Well at least thats somewhat settled now...

Anyone else think that Tags would have had no problem letting the Bills die if they didnt create such a huge public awareness over their plight?

666358[/snapback]

I am with you on this one.... Tags is getting all the praise for "saving the league" with the latest agreement, but upon closer examination we see that the high-revenue teams, whom Tags has never been willing or able to control, were actually playing chicken all along, until at the last minute they forced the small-market teams to accept the revenue sharing and CBA plans they preferred. Ralph wandered off the reservation by having the temerity to question why such an agreement had to be rammed through at the last minute, and received nothing but sarcasm and worse from the national media. Clayton's article, though it contained some good arguments, was clearly a smackdown that ESPN had to administer to the troublesome Ralph in order to curry favor with the NFL. Ralph deserves credit for sticking with it, and I think that the details will be worked out better as a result. Would they have worked out all right anyway? Maybe, but I doubt it.

What bothers me about the whole debate is how quickly even Bills fans got hung up on attacking Ralph for crying poor, or accused him of having a hidden agenda, without seeing that the NFL was on the verge of sticking it to the small markets.

All's well... for now.

Go Bills!