I rented two movies over the weekend

Yeah...I know....everyone else saw these movies a year ago.

King Kong,....I am guessing it was 10x better on the big screen, but as a rental, and even in the theatre this movie was too long and really not that great.

Very disappointed that Jack Black's character didn't get crushed by a falling Kong in the final scene.

However, in my opinion, Naomi Watts is HOT! :angry:

I Walked The Line, I thought was really entertaining. I can see why Jaquin Phoenix didn't get an Oscar nomination because he was really sort of boring to watch. Reese Witherspoon on the other hand, blew me away with her singing and performance. I have never really liked her acting, but thought she was great in this movie.

King Kong,....I am guessing it was 10x better on the big screen, but as a rental, and even in the theatre this movie was too long and really not that great.

Very disappointed that Jack Black's character didn't get crushed by a falling Kong in the final scene.

However, in my opinion, Naomi Watts is HOT!  :angry:

I Walked The Line, I thought was really entertaining.  I can see why Jaquin Phoenix didn't get an Oscar nomination because he was really sort of boring to watch.  Reese Witherspoon on the other hand, blew me away with her singing and performance.  I have never really liked her acting, but thought she was great in this movie.

663524[/snapback]

I didn't care for Kong - long, and the entire plot fit on the inside of a chewing gum wrapper - "'Twas Beauty killed the Beast". :angry:

Witherspoon is a good talent - kind of a throwback to the Golden Era, when many if not most actors could sing, dance, and act.

She, along with Gere and Zeta-Jones did a fine job in "Chicago". That's a flick worth renting.

However, in my opinion, Naomi Watts is HOT!  :angry:

I Walked The Line, I thought was really entertaining.  I can see why Jaquin Phoenix didn't get an Oscar nomination because he was really sort of boring to watch.  Reese Witherspoon on the other hand, blew me away with her singing and performance.  I have never really liked her acting, but thought she was great in this movie.

663524[/snapback]

Phoenix did get a nomination for "Walk the Line".

The wife and I watched Broken Flowers with Bill Murray this weekend. The movie was so-so, but there is an unexpected FFN scene with the actress playing Sharon Stone's daughter that is worth the price of the rental - not to mention rewinding and rewatching a dozen times or so. :angry:

Witherspoon is a good talent - kind of a throwback to the Golden Era, when many if not most actors could sing, dance, and act.

She, along with Gere and Zeta-Jones did a fine job in "Chicago". That's a flick worth renting.

663542[/snapback]

Must have missed Reese Witherspoon in "Chicago". Which character was she :angry: