The Anti-Gleason article

Olaf Fub

If you haven't read it yet, I'd check this one out,

AP on the Bills and Wilson's Comments

Wilson's "can't promise anything" comment was explained to AP reporters after the mikes were turned off. I think it will put your mind at ease.

Edit: The link above no longer works. Please try this one, if interested.

AP story on the Bills and Wilson's Comments

"I don't give a damn about Dan Snyder." :blink:

Pretty good article. But as a veteran reporter, he clearly knows that fear sells, so the local media is just reacting as you might expect.

Same thing applies here, apparently. 18 replys to the "Uplifting Gleason" thread vs. 4 for the AP story.

Again and again Wawrow appears to be the one most in tune with what's really going on with the Bills.

This morning I was on a business call with one of my producers in Los Angeles. He's a big sports fan, although a stinking Jet fan. He knows I am in Buffalo for a week and asked how things were going here. I said everyone's talking about the Bills moving to L.A. He said, "You're kidding? Who wants a team here? I haven't heard a word about them putting a team here. No one cares, otherwise it would be an election issue and I've never heard one word, except out of Tagliabue."

Again and again Wawrow appears to be the one most in tune with what's really going on with the Bills.

662142[/snapback]

Could it be because he's a stringer for the AP and doesn't have to find ways to sell fish wrap and commercial time on a daily basis?

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story...1651&TextPage=2

How is it Ralph Wilson is being accused of the very things he is NOT trying to do. like move the Bills, or gouge the taxpayers? It's because Buffalo is a city of people expecting the sky to fall on them. This is a perfect example of no good dead going unpunished! Wilson tries to do the right thing by the fans, and he gets painted as the bad guy! Sometimes, I think we deserve what we get.

PTR

This morning I was on a business call with one of my producers in Los Angeles. He's a big sports fan, although a stinking Jet fan. He knows I am in Buffalo for a week and asked how things were going here. I said everyone's talking about the Bills moving to L.A. He said, "You're kidding? Who wants a team here? I haven't heard a word about them putting a team here. No one cares, otherwise it would be an election issue and I've never heard one word, except out of Tagliabue."

662142[/snapback]

The NFL is only using the threat of moving teams to LA to extort public money for new stadiums.

They are better off without a team in LA since they have no fear of blackouts and can televise the best matchups each week.