RADAR

major

Who was the corner we had in the 1980's nicknamed "RADAR"? I don't remember his name and it's been bugging me.

Someone help me out here. Thanks.

660631[/snapback]

vaguely familiar---someone sharp will come up with it

Who was the corner we had in the 1980's nicknamed "RADAR"? I don't remember his name and it's been bugging me.

Someone help me out here. Thanks.

660631[/snapback]

The only guy that I remember with the nickname of Radar, was Robert "Radar" Holt. He was a WR not a CB ... he was with us in the early 80's.

HERE is some information on him. He went to Baylor and was our 6th round draft pick in 1981

The only guy that I remember with the nickname of Radar, was Robert "Radar" Holt. He was a WR not a CB ... he was with us in the early 80's.

HERE is some information on him. He went to Baylor and was our 6th round draft pick in 1981

660810[/snapback]

Good work, MikeH!

Nice story on Robert Holt, too.

Isn't that the same draft where Bills got "FWB" (fastest white boy) WR Mike Moseley?

Good work, MikeH!

Isn't that the same draft where Bills got "FWB" (fastest white boy) WR Mike Moseley?

661292[/snapback]

Thanks ... and you are correct about Mosley.

The 1981 Buffalo Bills Draft:

1 Booker Moore Penn State RB

2 Chris Williams Louisiana State DB

2 Byron Franklin Auburn WR

3 Mike Mosley Texas A&M WR

3 Robert Geathers South Carolina State DT

5 Calvin Clark Purdue DE

6 Robert Holt Baylor WR

7 Steve Doolittle Colorado State LB

9 Rob Riddick Millersville (PA) RB

10 Justin Cross Western Colorado T

11 Buster Barnett Jackson State TE

12 Keith Clark Memphis State LB

IIRC, Byron Franklin was traded straight up for Pete Metzelaars, who was a big part of the offense in the late 80s-early 90s.

Riddick made a little contribution for the Bills - if nothing else, he made the Bills draft TT.

661673[/snapback]

Little contribution ?

I remember many "4th & Riddick" plays - his stadium nickname

He could fly !

Hey, we were grasping at straws back then :blink:

IIRC, Byron Franklin was traded straight up for Pete Metzelaars, who was a big part of the offense in the late 80s-early 90s.

Riddick made a little contribution for the Bills - if nothing else, he made the Bills draft TT.

661673[/snapback]

That was a crappy draft. Franklin was a decent WR on a crappy team. Riddick was a good backup RB. He was especially good in short yardage where he had the ability to leap over the line of scrimage and get the needed yardage. His career was cut short by injury or he would have backed up TT longer.

Good work, MikeH!

661292[/snapback]

Gosh...Mosely--fastest white boy Ive ever seen. Too bad he wrecked his knee.

661673[/snapback]

Riddick made more than a little contribution. he was a very good,very tough,very quick RB.