MANATEES! idea balls!

I still love Family Guy but they're 100% right. It was cool how they threw in the line making fun of themselves. Something along the lines of "well at least Family Guy doesn't get off on themselves and get all preachy all the time". Matt and Trey are friggin awesome. That last little thing they did when the Muslims retaliated against America had me cracking up.

I still love Family Guy but they're 100% right. It was cool how they threw in the line making fun of themselves. Something along the lines of "well at least Family Guy doesn't get off on themselves and get all preachy all the time". Matt and Trey are friggin awesome. That last little thing they did when the Muslims retaliated against America had me cracking up.

660615[/snapback]

I thought that this had so much deep meaning behind the episode that the whole family guy thing was very much an afterthought. The whole idea of scaring the hell out of the public, was the main issue cuz both the US and the terrorists use it on us. I think that this a PSA saying that we shouldn't be afraid of the stupid bs that our gov't tells us anymore

I thought that this had so much deep meaning behind the episode that the whole family guy thing was very much an afterthought. The whole idea of scaring the hell out of the public, was the main issue cuz both the US and the terrorists use it on us. I think that this a PSA saying that we shouldn't be afraid of the stupid bs that our gov't tells us anymore

660627[/snapback]

Yeah, but Comedy Central pussed out.

I like they got after "having episodes pulled" and using Family Guy as a vehicle. South Park has had it's moments, it's not as consistant as it was in the past. Family Guy is solid, but falls flat when ANYONE sings. You lost me on scrubs. I'd put that on Earl type funny = not every episode is THAT good and some are pretty stinky. Still not as good as the formerly best show on televison...ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT.

660627[/snapback]

The media hysteria, the Danish cartoons, the prior censorship of the SP Scientology episode, hypocrisy of public reactions, etc. Once again they managed to hammer as many idiots as possible.

And of course, Family Guy just isn't that funny. :P

Yeah, but Comedy Central pussed out.

660628[/snapback]

f*** the F***ing F***ers. WE in this country are too worried about bein PC. I say F*** it and rip on any religion, race, gender, personiality type, and gov't out there. just make sure it isn't overdoing it(like picking on blacks to much, or andrew dice clay only ripping on women)

Matt and Trey are spot on here!

Though in defense of Family Guy, they're still much funnier than just about everything else on TV. Only South Park and Scrubs are on their sitcom level of comedy quality...IMO.

660603[/snapback]

"That little boy over there is trying to get Family Guy off the air altogether."

(Cut to Bart Simpson)

I couldn't believe it....but they actually surpassed last week's episode by quite a bit. The Bart Simpson cameo instantly became one of my all-time favorite South Park moments. The manatees with "idea balls" was hilarious. The "What is this so-called First Amendment?" bit was amazing (as was the portrayal of reporters). I even liked the quick nods to King of the Hill, Ice Age and 24 with the FOX posters in the background.

Great episode. South Park is better than ever.

f*** the F***ing F***ers. WE in this country are too worried about bein PC. I say F*** it and rip on any religion, race, gender, personiality type, and gov't out there. just make sure it isn't overdoing it(like picking on blacks to much, or andrew dice clay only ripping on women)

660635[/snapback]

But you'll offend someone... and that's bad... right?

I haven't seen either episode yet, but I hope to soon.

That being said, I read an interview with Trey and Matt a while ago and they said they absolutely hated family guy, so its not a big wonder why they did this.

They felt that family guy was too immature and brought down animated comedys to a level of stupid that their show didn't. Yeah, South Park sure doesn't have all the toilet jokes nor does it have all the other immature jokes that family guy does. :P

From that interview, it seems as though Trey and Matt think of animated comedys in the following light:

1.) Intellectual

2.) Stupid

They placed themselves and Simpsons in Intellectual and everyone else in stupid.

To be honest, I think the only difference is that they do a better job of tying in intellectual stuff, but all of them get their laughs off of shock value, and a lot off of toilet humor still. For them to place themselves above family guy, when you look at stuff such as the teacher getting a sex job, the vehicle he invents that goes into your anus, the alien anus probe, terrence and philip, all the sexual humor that happens, the whole environment episode that was about farting, etc, I just think that the ONLY reason that they could even be considered "less stupid" is by the fact tha they try to incorporate current events into their stories, whereas family guy doesn't.

They still rely on the same stupid sh-- that the other animanted comedys do. Oh and guess what? They're all funny as hell!

660635[/snapback]

Pretty hypocritical. Either it's a free for all or it's PC. Setting limits only guarantees that the limits will later be more strict.

Oh, and the Diceman didn't only pick on women. Not even close.

"That little boy over there is trying to get Family Guy off the air altogether."

(Cut to Bart Simpson)

660646[/snapback]

Bart: I'm a pretty bad kid

Cartman: What's the worst thing you ever did?

Bart: Well, one time I cut the head off a statue

Cartman: Oh, kinda like the time I didn't like this one kid, so I killed his parents, ground up their bodies, made chili with it and fed it to him...

:P

Bart: I'm a pretty bad kid

Cartman: What's the worst thing you ever did?

Bart: Well, one time I cut the head off a statue

Cartman: Oh, kinda like the time I didn't like this one kid, so I killed his parents, ground up their bodies, made chili with it and fed it to him...

:P

660872[/snapback]

"You got it, man."

But you'll offend someone... and that's bad... right?

660670[/snapback]

Too many people can't take a joke. I know I am the white devil, drunken irish leprechaun, cracker that my black roommtes call me, and i am fine with it. my roomates know that they are the big lipped, chicken eating, listening to too much bass and no real singing, broke mofo's, and they joke about it.

The worst thing thing about our society is that instead laughing at the joke that rips on us, they try to rip on the writers for being unsensitive. Many times there is some truth to the jokes (ie. The Irish drinking a lot of Guinness, or black people not knowing how to be quiet) So, there should be some cushion room on jokes, since without picking on something or someone we don't have many of the great comics and comedies of our era.

Oh, and the Diceman didn't only pick on women.  Not even close.

660746[/snapback]

point taken, i just seem to remember the feminists being really P.O.'d at him for a lot of his jokes.

That's the first sign that Trey and Matt are really getting big heads.

Saying someone else's comedy is low brow is awfully hypocritical.

660744[/snapback]

They aren't criticizing Family Guy for being lowbrow. They criticizing FG for being stupid, and there's a pretty big difference. People don't remember episodes of Family Guy - they remember the jokes, because the jokes have nothing to do with the plot. Pretty much every episode is:

"This is almost as bad as the time _________________ ."

(Cut to joke referencing TV show or movie from 1970s or 1980s)

Over and over. Which means Family Guy is pretty amusing but the shows have no lifespan. They lose a lot of their appeal the second time you see them (compare that to classic Simpsons or South Park). So I laughed the first time I saw Peter drive the Dolorean from Back to the Future, but when I saw that episode as a re-run, it did nothing for me. Meanwhile, episodes of the Simpsons and South Park develop their jokes over 30 minutes each episode. That's the reason the pay-off in the "Scott Tennorman Must Die" episode of SP was so awesome that we're still laughing about it. That episode will still be funny 5 and 10 years from now.

South Park has its fair share of poop jokes, but Family Guy will never come within 200 miles of making a pair of episodes so full of cutting satire as South Park just did.

They aren't criticizing Family Guy for being lowbrow.  They criticizing FG for being stupid, and there's a pretty big difference.  People don't remember episodes of Family Guy - they remember the jokes, because the jokes have nothing to do with the plot.  Pretty much every episode is:

"This is almost as bad as the time _________________ ."

(Cut to joke referencing TV show or movie from 1970s or 1980s)

Over and over.  Which means Family Guy is pretty amusing but the shows have no lifespan. 

660929[/snapback]

In a way, FG is a lot like The Critic (but, funnier, I agree). The Critic's funniest stuff was movie parodies, NOT humor related to the plot. FG is much the say way. I find the disassociated humor funny, but, my testing suggests it doesn't help drive audience from week-to-week.