the bills are definitely not going anywhere

forget about the economics and demographics, which in any case aren't nearly as bad as many here are saying. focus on the politics. schumer is extremely powerful and will be for a long, long time. the league will do its utmost to *not* piss him off. the risks associated with facing a senatorial antitrust investigation are far greater than casting a few deal sweeteners buffalo's way. really, no one should be worrying.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060...?tbd1072939.asp

I think he's percieved as a buffoon, nationally... :P

658947[/snapback]

you're joking, right? he was a record setting fundraiser for the senate and has been an architect of securities regulation for something like 15 years (he was instrumental in the repeal/reform of glass-steagall, the foundation of a large portion of securities law going back to 1933). he's one of the most powerful figures in the democratic party and extremely well-regarded by the financial sector, who sees him as one of the few senators who genuinely understands their industry. also, it's not as if i'm a propagandist for him -- as a democrat, i'm only lukewarm towards him. his camera-hogging is annoying, but it does serve a purpose.

just because a lot of people are completely clueless doesn't mean he's a joke.

you're joking, right? he was a record setting fundraiser for the senate and has been an architect of securities regulation for something like 15 years (he was instrumental in the repeal/reform of glass-steagall, the foundation of a large portion of securities law going back to 1933). he's one of the most powerful figures in the democratic party and extremely well-regarded by the financial sector, who sees him as one of the few senators who genuinely understands their industry. also, it's not as if i'm a propagandist for him -- as a democrat, i'm only lukewarm towards him. his camera-hogging is annoying, but it does serve a purpose.

just because a lot of people are completely clueless doesn't mean he's a joke.

658992[/snapback]

Kumbaya.

schumer also represents the largest current NFL market and their precious manhatten stadium.  Moving the bills would not be in the best interest of the NFL.

658997[/snapback]

Having a Senator sticking his nose into the NFL, like many things they stick their noses into, is repugnant. What's next? The Super-Star Senate tv show? :P

17th Amendement to the US Constitution - the worst ever...

Having a Senator sticking his nose into the NFL, like many things they stick their noses into, is repugnant.  What's next? The Super-Star Senate tv show? :P

659009[/snapback]

If Senators didn't stick their nose into the NFL there would be no Bills and NFL as we know it. The antitrust of the NFL that is allowed because of powerful Senators is essential to its existence.

Having a Senator sticking his nose into the NFL, like many things they stick their noses into, is repugnant.  What's next? The Super-Star Senate tv show? :P

659009[/snapback]

You really aren't a very happy person, are you? I don't care if the man has a magnetic attraction towards wildebeasts. If he has enough political pull to influence whether the Bills stay in B-Lo, he's got my vote.

If Senators didn't stick their nose into the NFL there would be no Bills and NFL as we know it. The antitrust of the NFL that is allowed because of powerful Senators is essential to its existence.

659025[/snapback]

Ahh...bless our Ruling Class and their gracious boons... :P

Ahh...bless our Ruling Class and their gracious boons... :P

659035[/snapback]

I happen to like the NFL. A lot. It takes up a nice chunk of my time and energy and emotion. It's a terrific league and diversion and form of entertainment. Apparently, you do not. To each his own.

I happen to like the NFL. A lot. It takes up a nice chunk of my time and energy and emotion. It's a terrific league and diversion and form of entertainment. Apparently, you do not. To each his own.

659038[/snapback]

Why is that "appearent"?

Because I think that these little Potentates should leave well enough alone? Half of the time they open up their traps, it's a veiled threat - grease my palms, or we will have hearings, etc.

In the long run, the less involvement by political creatures, the better.

You wrongly impugne me.

forget about the economics and demographics, which in any case aren't nearly as bad as many here are saying. focus on the politics. schumer is extremely powerful and will be for a long, long time. the league will do its utmost to *not* piss him off. the risks associated with facing a senatorial antitrust investigation are far greater than casting a few deal sweeteners buffalo's way. really, no one should be worrying.

658932[/snapback]

We only need to worry if Hillary becomes involved. :P

Why is that "appearent"?

Because I think that these little Potentates should leave well enough alone? Half of the time they open up their traps, it's a veiled threat  - grease my palms, or we will have hearings, etc.

In the long run, the less involvement by political creatures, the better.

You wrongly impugne me.

659050[/snapback]

The work that politicians did and do on antitrust issues allow the NFL to exist. The NFL needed them, they didnt need the NFL. If they didn't do it, the Bills wouldn't exist, because the groupthink of the NFL and the draft and a lot of its one-for-all mentality. I was impugning you because you were badmouthing politicians for sticking their nose into things without considering that if they didn't, you wouldn't be here posting.

I think he's percieved as a buffoon, nationally... :P

658947[/snapback]

Most definately is NOT. He's one of the best and most effective senators in the country.

I'm not worried about the Bills moving at all. But, Chuck S as Senator and Elliot S as Gov (should he win) is a duo the NFL would NOT want to fu#k with, IMO.

The work that politicians did and do on antitrust issues allow the NFL to exist. The NFL needed them, they didnt need the NFL. If they didn't do it, the Bills wouldn't exist, because the groupthink of the NFL and the draft and a lot of its one-for-all mentality. I was impugning you because you were badmouthing politicians for sticking their nose into things without considering that if they didn't, you wouldn't be here posting.

659063[/snapback]

So, do you feel that the NFL has exemption from common labor law, and that unequal treatment under the law is desireable?