Bills Fans in Charlotte/ Fort Mill/ Rock Hill

My family and I will be leaving the sunshine state for good this summer and heading to Charlotte, NC. This is a going to be a great move for us with more financial freedom and a higher quality of life for my son Dylan. One things that scares me about moving is leaving my 12 buddies (Bills fans) in Tampa. We get together each week to watch the Bills/Sabres games and now I will be on my own each Sunday. If you live in Charlotte or South Carolina and know of any Bills bars, please write back and let me know. I truly need a new group to watch the games with and would like to have a place in mind before our June move. Thanks in advance. Doug :P

My family and I will be leaving the sunshine state for good this summer and heading to Charlotte, NC. This is a going to be a great move for us with more financial freedom and a higher quality of life for my son Dylan. One things that scares me about moving is leaving my 12 buddies (Bills fans) in Tampa. We get together each week to watch the Bills/Sabres games and now I will be on my own each Sunday.  If you live in Charlotte or South Carolina and know of any Bills bars, please write back and let me know. I truly need a new group to watch the games with and would like to have a place in mind before our June move. Thanks in advance. Doug :P

658819[/snapback]

If he watches the games and is a fan, send him my email or send me his address. my email is Hugebillsfan1@yahoo.com Charlotte is amazing, bring your clubs, the golf is perfect this time of year. I think you mentioned golf in previous posts. Doug

I live in Charlotte. I know there are a couple of Bills Backers clubs in the area. The only one that I have been to is Tavern on the Tracks, which is right near Uptown. I've never been there on gameday, but I've heard its tough to get a seat if you come too close to kickoff. The place is awesome for Buffalo fans. There are Bills and Sabres jerseys on the walls, and tons of other paraphenalia of those teams and Buffalo itself. The menu also has some Buffalo food items on it (Beef on Weck, Buffalo wings, etc).

I believe there is another pretty good sized Bills Backers bar/restaurant in Matthews. Check the bills backers listings on the Bills official website for more info. Welcome to Charlotte!

Edit: See link above for listing I was talking about.

I have family in Charlotte who tell me that there is a great Bills bar to watch the games at. The owner is from Buffalo, bills memorabilia everywhere etc. I'm not sure what the name is but I'm sure someone here will know before I can get the information myself.

Edit: Tavern on the Tracks is the one I was told about.

The Township Grille in Matthews is the other Bills bar. I have not been there for a few years though (Sunday ticket) They had a buffet set up w/ wings, dogs, potato salad etc.

Tavern on the tracks as previously mentioned is a good place if you are close to uptown. Whcih part of Charlotte are you moving to?

I have family in Charlotte who tell me that there is a great Bills bar to watch the games at.  The owner is from Buffalo, bills memorabilia everywhere etc.  I'm not sure what the name is but I'm sure someone here will know before I can get the information myself.

Edit:  Tavern on the Tracks is the one I was told about.

658858[/snapback]

Trying to decide at the moment. My wife and I will be working for CMS ( we are both teachers) Like everyone else, Ballentyne is our first choice, but it is certainly more expensive. We kinda like Huntersville but we hear traffic is awful. If you can share your experiences about locations, that would be great. All in all, we are looking for an inexpensive mortgage( cost of living in Florida has killed us the past few years and is part of the reason for this move). We pray we get lucky and find dynamite neighbors in a family friendly area - on the guy side, I looking for great golf and softball without the headaches of being stuck in traffic. Good schools and quality neighborhood for my son is of course most important. Write back Doug

Trying to decide at the moment. My wife and I will be working for CMS ( we are both teachers) Like everyone else, Ballentyne is our first choice, but it is certainly more expensive. We kinda like Huntersville but we hear traffic is awful. If you can share your experiences about locations, that would be great. All in all, we are looking for an inexpensive mortgage( cost of living in Florida has killed us the past few years and is part of the reason for this move). We pray we get lucky and find  dynamite neighbors in a family friendly area - on the guy side, I  looking for great golf and softball without the headaches of being stuck in traffic. Good schools and quality neighborhood for my son is of course most important. Write back Doug

658900[/snapback]

Well...If you are looking for less traffic you may want to stay where your at... :lol:

Charlotte traffic is brutal, especially Rush Hour...77 from well into SC all the way up, 485 from 77 all the way to Matthews and Monroe, I-85...Just brutal...

Don't let anyone tell you different...

I know your going to work for CMS, but My advice would be Union County...Taxes are MUCH better there...Weddington is probably the best Town right now but it's growing like wildfire...And traffic will be a problem no matter where you go...

I hate Charlotte... :P

Ballantyne is a hot area, but be prepared to pay a lot. You may want to check out western Union County. It's just south of the Ballantyne and South Charlotte area. The Weddington School district is better than anything CMS can provide. There are many family friendly subdivision to choose from. 75% of my subdivision has children of middle school age or younger.

Well...If you are looking for less traffic you may want to stay where your at... :lol:

Charlotte traffic is brutal, especially Rush Hour...77 from well into SC all the way up, 485 from 77 all the way to Matthews and Monroe, I-85...Just brutal...

I know your going to work for CMS, but My advice would be Union County...Taxes are MUCH better there...Weddington is probably the best Town right now but it's growing like wildfire...And traffic will be a problem no matter where you go...

658926[/snapback]

Uh oh. I guess I'd better prepare some extra travel time getting in and out of the city, then. I took off half a day Friday (wedding is Saturday night) and the entire day Monday. I hope that will be enough.

Also, you shouldn't hate.

Uh oh.  I guess I'd better prepare some extra travel time getting in and out of the city, then.  I took off half a day Friday (wedding is Saturday night) and the entire day Monday.  I hope that will be enough. 

Also, you shouldn't hate.

658938[/snapback]

:P

You should be fine Bro...The weekend traffic is not bad at all...But Rush Hour is an absolute Bear no question about it...

I hate because I care... :lol:

658926[/snapback]

Let me second that post. Do NOT live in Mecklenburg County. Taxes are brutal. Union County is nice, but I live in Fort Mill, SC (York County) and love it. My commute uptown is 20-25 minutes.

My cousin and his wife are teachers at CMS. What school will you be assigned?

My advice for Bills bars - Township Grille in Matthews is the original. I watched the Bills there during the glory days. Tavern on the Tracks has some Bills stuff. The Towne Tavern in Fort MIll is owned by Danny, a part owner of Tavern and Bills Fan. Has Buffalo foods on the menu and is a good place to catch the game. Many of my Buffalo friends have the NFL Sunday package and stay home and curse on Sunday afternoons.

Hope this helps!

Trying to decide at the moment. My wife and I will be working for CMS ( we are both teachers) Like everyone else, Ballentyne is our first choice, but it is certainly more expensive. We kinda like Huntersville but we hear traffic is awful. If you can share your experiences about locations, that would be great. All in all, we are looking for an inexpensive mortgage( cost of living in Florida has killed us the past few years and is part of the reason for this move). We pray we get lucky and find  dynamite neighbors in a family friendly area - on the guy side, I  looking for great golf and softball without the headaches of being stuck in traffic. Good schools and quality neighborhood for my son is of course most important. Write back Doug

658900[/snapback]

Ok you have my attention. Why do you hate Charlotte?????? Being a teacher, I am on and off the road before you guys go to work and before most leave for work. I plan to be on the golf course when others are stuck in traffic. I currently live in the new Atlanta of the south ( Tampa) (Tampa traffic) is getting terrible as well.

Ok you have my attention. Why do you hate Charlotte?????? Being a teacher, I am on and off the road before you guys go to work and before most leave for work. I plan to be on the golf course when others are stuck in traffic. I currently live in the new Atlanta of the south ( Tampa) (Tampa traffic) is getting terrible as well.

658966[/snapback]

Good question NYC - in Charlotte the millage( sp?) rate is $1.50 per thousand of value. I here around 2,800 for a 200,000 home. Laughable for you I know. The rate in some of these smaller areas is .96

Let me second that post. Do NOT live in Mecklenburg County. Taxes are brutal. Union County is nice, but I live in Fort Mill, SC (York County) and love it. My commute uptown is 20-25 minutes.

My cousin and his wife are teachers at CMS. What school will you be assigned?

My advice for Bills bars - Township Grille in Matthews is the original. I watched the Bills there during the glory days. Tavern on the Tracks has some Bills stuff. The Towne Tavern in Fort MIll is owned by Danny, a part owner of Tavern and Bills Fan. Has Buffalo foods on the menu and is a good place to catch the game. Many of my Buffalo friends have the NFL Sunday package and stay home and curse on Sunday afternoons.

Hope this helps!

658961[/snapback]

Hey SC,

My email is Hugebillsfan1@yahoo.com send over his link or email address. I am thinking of getting my license as we have made a nice chunk on our homes in Florida and I know Charlotte is going to go through the same boom. I know it is hard to believe but prices will start to explode. The area is too nice to stand still price wise.