Ngata to Visit Buffalo

Astrobot

Ngata Visit: The Bills have a pre-draft visit setup with Oregon defensive tackle Haloti Ngata. Many people project Ngata going to the Bills at number 8. Recent thoughts however suggest he is not the type of tackle the Bills need in the one gap defense they play. They like smalller, quicker tackles then the 340 pound Ngata. The fact that they are visiting with him shows they are at least keeping their options open. (Billsdaily)

658680[/snapback]

Aside from DaBrick, Super Mario, and maybe Davis (who should all be gone before our pick) this would be the best fit for us at #8. I'm trying to get excited about Bunkley but I can't for some reason. Bunkley reminds me too much of Flowers. Nobody's draft stock should shoot up or down that quick after the season.

Aside from DaBrick, Super Mario, and maybe Davis (who should all be gone before our pick) this would be the best fit for us at #8. I'm trying to get excited about Bunkley but I can't for some reason.

659301[/snapback]

I agree. I think if we didn't sign Larry Tripplett, I would consider Bunkley. Last season the one thing we didn't do well on defense was stopping the run. Teams adjusted when we put in extra guys to stop the run and passed on us. Eventually it wore down the defense. Ngata is an excellent run stuffer, and will be for many years. As long as Ferguson, Mario, AJ are there at number 8, I think this our guy to take.

I agree.  I think if we didn't sign Larry Tripplett, I would consider Bunkley.  Last season the one thing we didn't do well on defense was stopping the run.  Teams adjusted when we put in extra guys to stop the run and passed on us.  Eventually it wore down the defense.  Ngata is an excellent run stuffer, and will be for many years.  As long as Ferguson, Mario, AJ are there at number 8, I think this our guy to take.

659314[/snapback]

From all the reports I've read Bunkley seems more NT than a three technique. In other words he'd be good lined up next to Triplett.