Dec 17 Miami L

Dec 24 Tennessee W

Dec 31 @Baltimore L

Please LABillzFan!!!

Eye No Yoo Kan.

657749[/snapback]

You are king of all, big man. :P
JAMIEBUF12  Posted Yesterday, 04:39 PM

L.A bills fan i was just curious ..............what is the closest anyone has come in your contest?..go bills in"06

I can not recall specifically, but I am fairly certain a few people made it to week eight or nine last year...a lot farther than I thought they would. Two or three years ago we were done by week three or four, but that was primarily because something like 98% of the people in the contest picked NE to beat Buffalo in the opener, and when Buffalo won, it left three or four people out of the 100 who entered.

You are king of all, big man. :P

I can not recall specifically, but I am fairly certain a few people made it to week eight or nine last year...a lot farther than I thought they would. Two or three years ago we were done by week three or four, but that was primarily because something like 98% of the people in the contest picked NE to beat Buffalo in the opener, and when Buffalo won, it left three or four people out of the 100 who entered.

658771[/snapback]

GantRules and GeoInPA made it to game 12 last year, where they both predicted a win against Carolina. From there their predictions went pretty poorly....

Two years ago it was the week 1 loss to Jacksonville that killed most of the participants.

GantRules and GeoInPA made it to game 12 last year, where they both predicted a win against Carolina.  From there their predictions went pretty poorly....

Two years ago it was the week 1 loss to Jacksonville that killed most of the participants.

658783[/snapback]

Thanks for the help in recall. I have a combination of bad memory, lack of desire to research, and ring-around-the-collar.

Thanks for the help in recall. I have a combination of bad memory, lack of desire to research, and ring-around-the-collar.

658839[/snapback]

Damn, you hit the trifecta there bud. I'll pray for your collar.

As much as I would like to accomodate, it's pretty clear that I can't just open the contest back up to anybody.

Actually, according to your rules, you can.

5) This thread will initially remain open until midnight EST this Sunday, April 9th, 2006 at which time it will be closed and remain closed until either the 2006 NFL Season begins or if I should feel like randomly opening it for shitzngiggles.

But I never expected you would and it's not like my prediction will come close anyway. But if you don't take a chance you'll never have a chance.

5) This thread will initially remain open until midnight EST this Sunday, April 9th, 2006 at which time it will be closed and remain closed until either the 2006 NFL Season begins or if I should feel like randomly opening it for shitzngiggles.

But I never expected you would and it's not like my prediction will come close anyway.  But if you don't take a chance you'll never have a chance.

659032[/snapback]

Why don't you offer LABillz the opportunity to change your avatar to something of his liking, as an inducement? :P

But I never expected you would and it's not like my prediction will come close anyway.  But if you don't take a chance you'll never have a chance.

659032[/snapback]

Yeah, but you're not "shitzngiggles," you're nobody. Deal with it. :P

Hey LA, I didn't get my entry in before it was closed, so I figured I would post it here. If you re-open it, cool. If not, oh well.

Sep 10 @New England L

Sep 17 @Miami L

Sep 24 N.Y. Jets W

Oct 1 Minnesota W

Oct 8 @Chicago W

Oct 15 @Detroit W

Oct 22 New England L

Nov 5 Green Bay W

Nov 12 @Indianapolis L

Nov 19 @Houston W

Nov 26 Jacksonville L

Dec 3 San Diego L

Dec 10 @N.Y. Jets L

Dec 17 Miami W

Dec 24 Tennessee W

Dec 31 @Baltimore W

9-7, better than many think. No playoffs.

659032[/snapback]

:D:P

Exactly.

I caught that too... Hence my above post.

Overhead will be soaring with LA next year?... I can just see it now... Trying to hedge his costs by getting $5 gift certificates at McD's (you can use them globally) at a cut rate later this month... The bulk discount will save him big bucks!

Hence he had to break his own rules and close it early... He was getting too many hits... The odds that somebody would "hit the jackpot" became too great!

^ ^ ^

Just a premise, in a "breach of contract suit"... :);)

:P:o

Oops!... Sorry about that LA... My Bad... You did say 4-09... I misread it as 4-29 (which is a Sat.)... Sorry...

How are is that deal on the gift certificates coming?

:D  :P

659692[/snapback]

I'm curious, young man. If I break my own rule for a few people, how long before I have to break it for everyone based on having set a precedent for breaking my own rule?

I'm curious, young man. If I break my own rule for a few people, how long before I have to break it for everyone based on having set a precedent for breaking my own rule?

659876[/snapback]

I'd say since it's your contest and your dime you can pretty well do whatever you want whenever you want.

That includes nothing.

659876[/snapback]

Totally understand. Don't worry about it.

I don't want you to break your own rules... I said I read the rules wrong, that is right, I am sorry... I honestly thought that the thing was open till the 29th... Again, my bad...

I totally agree with Bib' post above... Nothing new to add but poke a little fun here and there...

I shouldn't jump to conclusions and need to get the sh*t out of my eyes and read more carefully.

:P