Hey Willis thanks for showing up

it figures... he is drafted by us and admits he is grateful the Bills drafted him where they did and took a chance on his bum knee. He rehabs with us, we trade away a tough back who played hurt on more than one occassion, Wills gets his wish and becomes "the man" and already it has gone to his head. I still feel he got too bulked up and doesnt have the break away speed that he had or that most top backs have. He added muscle and it slowed him down. Its no secret the success of the team will depend on him and hopefully he will have a good year. If he does the Bills need to extend his contract and lock him up for 4 or 5 years.

it figures... he is drafted by us  and admits he is grateful the Bills drafted him where they did and took a chance on his bum knee. He rehabs with us, we trade away a tough back who played hurt on more than one occassion, Wills gets his wish and becomes "the man" and already it has gone to his head. I still feel he got too bulked up and doesnt have the break away speed that he had or that most top backs have. He added muscle and it slowed him down. Its no secret the success of the team will depend on him and hopefully he will have a good year. If he does the Bills need to extend his contract and lock him up for 4 or 5 years.

657322[/snapback]

i agree that Willis bulked up too much last year and it showed. I think he would be a lot better playing at 215 - 220

At first, I was pissed, too. And maybe I still should be, but I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this. He said the right things a couple weeks ago when everyone was asking him why he was in Buffalo rather than Miami. He said he wanted to be a larger part of the offense, and he said he could only make that happen if he showed the coaches he was dedicated to the team. For him to not be there for the first mini-camp, I have to believe (for now) that he had an important reason. If not, hell, it will be his payday down the raod that takes the hit. If he doesn't play lights out this year, I think the Bills have to start thinking about the next RB of the future. If he does play really hard, he'll get a fat extension at the end of the year.

At first, iw as pissed, too. And maybe I still should be, but I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this. He said the right things a couple weeks ago when everyone was askinghim why he was in Buffalo rather than Miami. He said he wanted to be a larger part of the offense, and she said he could only make that happen if he showed the coaches he was dedicated to the team. For him to not be there for the first mini-camp, I have to believe (for now) that he had an important reason. If not, hell, it will be his payday down the raod that takes the hit. If he doesn't play lights out this year, I think the Bills have to start thinking about the next RB of the future. If he does play really hard, he'll get a fat extension at the end of the year.

657477[/snapback]

I agree. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, because this is his opportunity (this season) to step up and be a team leader.

However, this is the same dude who declared himself the league's best, so my belief in him is conditional. If he doesn't light it up this year, not only will the Bills be thinking about dealing him, but his stock is going to drop precipitously. TBD readers aren't the only ones who took notice of his comments.

He didn't declare himself the league's best. He believes he is the best. There's a difference. Every RB that takes the field should believe they have it in them to be the best in the NFL.

I don't know, I don't really want RBs going out there thinking they are "average".

He believes he's the best, you need that confidence to be a star imho.

He didn't declare himself the league's best. He believes he is the best. There's a difference. Every RB that takes the field should believe they have it in them to be the best in the NFL.

I don't know, I don't really want RBs going out there thinking they are "average".

He believes he's the best, you need that confidence to be a star imho.

657568[/snapback]

I agree...it's not like he walked into a crowded room and was like "everybody listen up, I am the best back in the NFL". A reporter asked him if he felt he was better than LT (who is widely regarded as the best back in the NFL) and Willis said yes. If Willis said no, I think LT is stronger, faster, and better than me then what do you have?? He's definetly taken a beating for something taken totally out of context

Not true. During the Super Bowl, those three were on NFL Network together...sans Ricky.

657387[/snapback]

I saw that and they were baked. The interview was like something out of the half baked movie, gigles and snears, they have some good chit to smoke in south Florida!