19 days, 21 hours away

frogger

1-Haloti Ngata DT, Ngata over Bunkley and here is why. First I agree that Bunkley is better suited for a cover 2, however Ngata is better at all defenses, besides mentioned cover 2. I know we are running a cover 2, however, how long will this last? we have tried just about every possible defense known to man in the last 10 year. what makes us think that the cover two is what we are going to stay with. Ngata, can be a very good interior lineman in any defense, he has great quickness for his size. and when we switch to a 3-4 in 4 years, we won't have to look for a true nose.

2-Davin Joseph LG, good athlete, likes to compare himself to Ruben Brown, which I am fine with. would start as a rookie over Bennie Anderson. can make all of the pulls and get to the 2nd level better than any other guard in this draft, also could compete for LT

3b-Andrew Whitworth, RT-tough, strong, and average athletically. At the moment I would pencil him in at LT assuming that we stick with Peters at RT.

3b-Anthony Smith-good athlete, covers well, good hitter, and very football smart. Could be our starting SS or FS.

4-Jason Avant-after his 4.8 forty time he is falling a little, also has a cast on hand, which might be the reason behind the bad time, runs great routes and would be a steal here.

5a-Brandon Marshall- 6'5" 230 pound WR, has had some big games for UCF, and has play defense too, could make the team on special teams

5b-Josh Lay-corner from Pitt, Ty Laws cousin, regardless, good size, long arms, runs very well, has great breaking ability. Ideal for cover two

6. Antoine Bethea-small school DB, could go earlier, very athletic and could compete for any DB position

7a-William Kershaw-OLB went to Maryland, Maryland seems to be getting their players very ready for the NFL. Could compete for LOLB, or special teams

7b-Damien Rhodes-SU running back, good hands, average blocker, could compete for 3rd down back role, and if he could do that as a 7th rounder, that is impressive.

1-Haloti Ngata DT, Ngata over Bunkley and here is why.  First I agree that Bunkley is better suited for a cover 2, however Ngata is better at all defenses, besides mentioned cover 2.  I know we are running a cover 2, however, how long will this last?  we have tried just about every possible defense known to man in the last 10 year.  what makes us think that the cover two is what we are going to stay with.  Ngata, can be a very good interior lineman in any defense, he has great quickness for his size.  and when we switch to a 3-4 in 4 years, we won't have to look for a true nose.

2-Davin Joseph LG, good athlete, likes to compare himself to Ruben Brown, which I am fine with.  would start as a rookie over Bennie Anderson.  can make all of the pulls and get to the 2nd level better than any other guard in this draft, also could compete for LT

3b-Andrew Whitworth, RT-tough, strong, and average athletically.  At the moment I would pencil him in at LT assuming that we stick with Peters at RT.

3b-Anthony Smith-good athlete, covers well, good hitter, and very football smart.  Could be our starting SS or FS.

4-Jason Avant-after his 4.8 forty time he is falling a little, also has a cast on hand, which might be the reason behind the bad time, runs great routes and would be a steal here.

5a-Brandon Marshall- 6'5" 230 pound WR, has had some big games for UCF, and has play defense too, could make the team on special teams

657149[/snapback]

1. Bunkley isn't just ideal for a cover 2 he's ideal for any version of a 4-3, or a 3-4 de. He's also strong enough to play nt. Just cause he's not a fat blob at 340+ doesn't mean he isn't ideal for any kind of defensive scheme, or that he can't stop the run. Now granted I haven't seen Ngata play all that much and this might be why I prefer Bunkley, but I really beieve bunkley is going to be an extremely special dlinemen. How's ngata at getting interior pressure as this has been one of the biggest problems of our defense the past few seasons?!?!

2. Davin Joseph- Love it. Him or Charles Spencer would be my ideal picks here.

3a Whitworth is a rt in the nfl. Spotty footwork, and doesn't really move that well. Great run blocker though. I just dont see him panning out at lt. If we were to move Jason Peters to lt I'd be fine with this pick otherwise I'll pass.

3b. Why would we cut Lawyer Milloy to draft a safety that has the same type of game? Not that I dont like Smith cause I do, I just dont see us going in this direction, and preferably I'd prefer someone who's faster, like Roman Harper, or Greg Blue

4. In the 4th I could think of worse but Jason Avant is one sloooooow man. Still he is what he is strictly a posession receiver which might not be bad depending on how he develops.

5. I love the Brandon Marshall pick I just dont know if I'd go wr/wr back to back.

I would've thrown another dt and guard somewhere in here but overall not a bad draft.

So far I'm sensing a serious love affair with Davin Joseph...which is GREAT to hear because this kid is going to be a starter in the NFL for years to come.

I've been whoring him off for the last month now, I've got my fingers crossed the Bills use their 2nd rounder on him because he would be an instant upgrade at the LG spot.

As for the mock, it looks pretty good to me...nice job with your analysis.

So far I'm sensing a serious love affair with Davin Joseph...which is GREAT to hear because this kid is going to be a starter in the NFL for years to come. 

I've been whoring him off for the last month now, I've got my fingers crossed the Bills use their 2nd rounder on him because he would be an instant upgrade at the LG spot.

657229[/snapback]

Very little doubt that Joseph will be a stud just not sure that he'll be there in the 2nd.

Condraft has Davin Joseph as the #60 player in the draft.

Another site has him going at the end of RD#2 or beginning RD#3.

Joseph had the 2nd fastest 40-time of the top 15 Guards (Fred Matua, USC guy with knee-ankle-back issues, is the fastest).

Tampa Bay may settle for a Guard at pick #23 (but they really want an OT), and the Packers, Jaguars, Vikings, Saints and Chargers will pick Guard sooner or later in the draft, but I don't see anyone else in our way by our Pick #2.

Condraft has Davin Joseph as the #60 player in the draft.

Another site has him going at the end of RD#2 or beginning RD#3.

Joseph had the 2nd fastest 40-time of the top 15 Guards (Fred Matua, USC guy with knee-ankle-back issues, is the fastest).

Tampa Bay may settle for a Guard at pick #23 (but they really want an OT), and  the Packers, Jaguars, Vikings, Saints and Chargers will pick Guard sooner or later in the draft, but I don't see anyone else in our way by our Pick #2.

657240[/snapback]

From what I've read and saw he seems to be a quality person/player. Let's hope he's there. I was thinking that maybe Seattle or Pittsburgh may grab him as a "best player" type pick in the 1st round.

Great post but I would just say a couple of things.

I really thing they should try everything possible (trade down)to take offensive line with there first two picks and then again in the later rounds. This gives them a couple of different scenerios to get it right. If it's Joseph and Justice then only one of them has to start this year in order for us to get better. I would imagine that both would end up starting in the end, but with both of them picked no one player is burdened to fix such a giant need.

Traditionally Dt's can be filled in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Seattle would love to have someone like Ashton Youboty fall to them in RD#1, because Andre Dyson will need replacing, and that should be their #1 priority, especially with all the teams wanting a CB. Youboty won''t be there, however. I dunno if they'd take the next-best CB (Richard Marshall) here or look at DE, or FS. Not Guard.

Pittsburgh also wants a Safety (Donte Whitner?) or LB (Bobby Carpenter?) with pick #1. They also realize WR needs to be addressed early (Sinorice Moss?), and all of these would be more important to them before picking Guard.

657229[/snapback]

Count me among the Joseph fan club, as I just updated my mock to include him.

I really like the idea of going with Justice and Joesph 1 and 2. for a couple of reasons.

1. This way no one pick will be burden the giant whole left by Don-nowho. This will also allow each player to develop. It should ensure that if a Mike Williams scenerio emerges with one of these guys it won't be such the disaster.

2. Offensive linemen play every down. I would spend these higher picks on guys that play every down rather being a part of a rotation. Nagat and his lack of conditioning is almost guaranteed to come out on all third downs.

3. Both third picks could be spent of Dt's. This would bolster the rotation that is not lacking talent just thin.

I have thought about this too, but I don't think they would do this. We need to draft someone who can come in and play DT for us. If we take W. Justice in the 1st then we could grab someone like McGargo in the 2nd if he falls. That will give us 2 guys who can come in and start right away. If we do something like Justice and Joseph are 1st 2 picks then we would have to take a chance of someone like Rodrique Wright, the DT from Texas who is very skilled but has a tag of taking plays off. If I were drafting for the Bills I would hope for something like Justice 1st, McCargo 2nd and a guard and a safety with our 3rd rounders.

I hope the Bills take Ngata!  I be really upset if the Bills don't draft him! :D

657349[/snapback]

He doesn't fit the system, and I would much rather have Bunkley and Tripplet rushing the passer from the inside. Imagine how much pressure we would get on the QB. Teams wouldn't be able to double Schobel and we wouldn't have to blitz as much. This is exactly the way the cover 2 is supposed to be played.

1-Haloti Ngata DT, Ngata over Bunkley and here is why.  First I agree that Bunkley is better suited for a cover 2, however Ngata is better at all defenses, besides mentioned cover 2.  I know we are running a cover 2, however, how long will this last?  we have tried just about every possible defense known to man in the last 10 year.  what makes us think that the cover two is what we are going to stay with.  Ngata, can be a very good interior lineman in any defense, he has great quickness for his size.  and when we switch to a 3-4 in 4 years, we won't have to look for a true nose.

2-Davin Joseph LG, good athlete, likes to compare himself to Ruben Brown, which I am fine with.  would start as a rookie over Bennie Anderson.  can make all of the pulls and get to the 2nd level better than any other guard in this draft, also could compete for LT

3b-Andrew Whitworth, RT-tough, strong, and average athletically.  At the moment I would pencil him in at LT assuming that we stick with Peters at RT.

3b-Anthony Smith-good athlete, covers well, good hitter, and very football smart.  Could be our starting SS or FS.

5b-Josh Lay-corner from Pitt, Ty Laws cousin, regardless, good size, long arms, runs very well, has great breaking ability.  Ideal for cover two

6. Antoine Bethea-small school DB, could go earlier, very athletic and could compete for any DB position

7a-William Kershaw-OLB went to Maryland, Maryland seems to be getting their players very ready for the NFL.  Could compete for LOLB, or special teams

7b-Damien Rhodes-SU running back, good hands, average blocker, could compete for 3rd down back role, and if he could do that as a 7th rounder, that is impressive.

657149[/snapback]

Well done

I completely agree with the Ngata pick. Marv used to say players win games not schemes. Ngata is the best D tackle on the board. If he's there at 8, he should be picked. He will immediately make Schobel better. Our run D was pathetic last year. DT's haver a quicker impact than OLineman. Look how young lineman like Seymour, Henderson, Casey Hampton dominate early on. Bunkley is a reach that early. Go for the best DT.

I completely agree with the Ngata pick. Marv used to say players win games not schemes. Ngata is the best D tackle on the board. If he's there at 8, he should be picked. He will immediately make Schobel better. Our run D was pathetic last year. DT's haver a quicker impact than OLineman. Look how young lineman like Seymour, Henderson, Casey Hampton dominate early on.  Bunkley is a reach that early. Go for the best DT.

657383[/snapback]

Who wouldn't be terrified of this guy looking at you from across the line?

http://www.registerguard.com/news/2005/09/...acolor_0901.jpg

I don't get where people feel that Bunkley is better, yes he runs a 40 0.2 faster, how much faster is that, ready gostop.

a 340 pound man going 5.1 will hurt more than a 300 pound man going 4.9.

GuessWhozBack21 where do you get the idea that Bunkley is strong enough to play nose in a 3-4, linemen get their movement from their legs not arms. Bunkley is very top heavy and doesn't have the lower body to get movement. He also can't handle double teams

Yes he does 7 more reps at 225 than Ngata, how many 225 guards or centers are there, and why would we need to move him that many times.

Yes bunkley looks better in a uniform, but Ngata will be productive in any defense, and can fit any defense, he is not Sam Adams, or even shaun rogers he is a faster quicker, version of them.