Bills go for a Mercedes?

If Mercedes lewis (6-6 256) out of UCLA is there at #42 do the Bills draft him? Here are some comments from draft scouts:

"Tall, Strong, Athletic. This is clearly the most proven TE in the draft. He has 4.5 speed and can catch better than most NFL Wide Receivers. He has proven at UCLA that he can be the center of an offense."

"Tall, speedy tight end who has the speed and hands of a receiver. Has great playmaking abilty and is comprable to the likes of Antonio Gates when you look at his jumping ability. He will cause significant matchup problems at the NFL level."

Now the negatives:

"Some critics will say he did no do much at the Senior Bowl and others will say that he does not have great blocking abilities. These might be true but I would not read to much into these ideas."

"Needs to work on run and pass blocking. He will need to work on his blocking technique and footwork."

He is projected in the 2nd round by most mock drafts Ive seen. Could be a nice pick, that is if we dont take Davis in the 1st round. I think Pope from Georgia will be gone by the time the Bills pick in round 2.

If Mercedes lewis (6-6 256) out of UCLA is there at #42 do the Bills draft him? Here are some comments from draft scouts:

"Tall, Strong, Athletic. This is clearly the most proven TE in the draft. He has 4.5 speed and can catch better than most NFL Wide Receivers. He has proven at UCLA that he can be the center of an offense."

"Tall, speedy tight end who has the speed and hands of a receiver. Has great playmaking abilty and is comprable to the likes of Antonio Gates when you look at his jumping ability. He will cause significant matchup problems at the NFL level."

Now the negatives:

"Some critics will say he did no do much at the Senior Bowl and others will say that he does not have great blocking abilities. These might be true but I would not read to much into these ideas."

"Needs to work on run and pass blocking. He will need to work on his blocking technique and footwork."

He is projected in the 2nd round by most mock drafts Ive seen. Could be a nice pick, that is if we dont take Davis in the 1st round. I think Pope from Georgia will be gone by the time the Bills pick in round 2.

655698[/snapback]

i like him beacuse his negatives dont apply on our team, we dont need him to block at all, we have royal. All we need him to do is catch TD's in the redzone and in the middle of the field, he would be able to play to his strengths with us.

He does have great skills, but I don't know where this "speedy" stuff is coming from in describing Lewis. The guy runs a 4.8 in the 40, hardly "speedy". Despite that, I think he could end up being a good pro TE due to his skills.

He does have great skills, but I don't know where this "speedy" stuff is coming from in describing Lewis.  The guy runs a 4.8 in the 40, hardly "speedy".  Despite that, I think he could end up being a good pro TE due to his skills.

655752[/snapback]

Nope

This is a deep te draft, but if we're gonna draft a te other then the obvious of vernon davis I'd go with Leonard Pope from Georgia if he makes it to rd 2.

Height: 6-7 3/4 | Weight: 258 | 40-Time: 4.62

Strengths:

Has outstanding size and a large frame with long arms...Is very athletic...Excellent receiver with great hands...Can stretch a defense vertically...Can run after the catch a little...Tremendous leaper with great ball skills...Has good body control and will make the difficult catch...Knows how to use his size and has a knack for getting open...Gets off the line well and runs good routes...Has a lot of upside.

Weaknesses:

Can do a better job as a blocker but has the tools to improve in that area...Has good speed but it is not in the elite category...Needs some technique work...Can be more physical and show more of a mean streak, especially as a blocker...Got into some trouble as a youngster but by all accounts he turned himself around.

Notes:

Has a career average of 18.1 yards per catch...A rare physical specimen who is a terror to match up against and can be a major force in the passing game...Just the type of dynamic weapon the pros are looking for in the position these days.

I'm pretty high on Pope and Lewis so either or would be fine by me