How hard is it to guess the Bills pick?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people need to keep an eye out on Winston Justice as being our first round pick.

Putting Justice at LT and then Max Jean-Giles or Davin Joseph at LG with our 2nd round pick...ddaaaaaayyyum, thats potentially dominant in two years.

People say "fix the O-Line"...well that would definitely take a huge step towards doing just that.

Not that I'd be angry over Huff, I like him a lot...but after seeing Justice's performance at his Pro Day and seeing several interviews where he seems like he's got his act together (plus, he is only 20...uber-upside), I'm beginning to think he would be a great addition to the Bills.

I think people need to keep an eye out on Winston Justice as being our first round pick.

Putting Justice at LT and then Max Jean-Giles or Davin Joseph at LG with our 2nd round pick...ddaaaaaayyyum, thats potentially dominant in two years. 

People say "fix the O-Line"...well that would definitely take a huge step towards doing just that.

Not that I'd be angry over Huff, I like him a lot...but after seeing Justice's performance at his Pro Day and seeing several interviews where he seems like he's got his act together (plus, he is only 20...uber-upside), I'm beginning to think he would be a great addition to the Bills.

652993[/snapback]

I agree with you about Justice....looking over this draft now...seems the Bills are in a better position then once thought....if they can land Justice, Huff, Davis, or Hawk, wow that would be great

652993[/snapback]

I thought Max had serious weight issues. Isn't he something like 350? I thought I heard he ate a cheerleader once by accident too. :rolleyes:

652993[/snapback]

Were those interviews taken before or after the gun and hooker issues?

Yeah Marv, go for the character.

Here I was thinking Jason Allen might slip into our grasp in the third round and some people are putting into the top ten.  So much for flying under the radar.  :rolleyes:

653023[/snapback]

Allen is one of the top 4 safety prospects in this draft. There's no way he'd slip that far.

Pat Watkins of Florida State might be there, but the pickings for a FS would be slim in the 3rd.

Now, the SS position should have a few good ones there in round 2 (Darnell Bing, Donte Whitner, Daniel Bullocks), but it would be a gamble to ASSume that they'd be there in round 3.

The kid from Syracuse, Anthony Smith, would be a decent late round pick who could contribute right away on special teams until he developed @ safety. He probably could be available in the 5th round.

Were those interviews taken before or after the gun and hooker issues? 

Yeah Marv, go for the character.

653017[/snapback]

The interviews were done this week, and obviously the guy has had some issues to deal with in the past but how much of that can be chocked up to youthful ignorance? On the field he's downright dominant, and he had the difficult task of protecting a pocket QB's blindside and handled it with ease.

The gun (which was a toy pellet gun) was stupid, as was the prostitution solicitation...but look at the recently departed Eric Moulds. Coming out of college he was dodging child support payments and, to be polite about things, had physical altercations with his girlfriend. I would say he definitely calmed down over the years and turned out to be an exellent player.

Some players you know arent going to make it with their character issues...Marcus Vick springs to me...he's selfish and spiteful, trying to maim another person on the field demonstrates that. But Justice is just a dumb college kid, there are PLENTY of those. The kid deserves a chance in my book, he comes off as a very nice guy who acknowledges he's screwed up in the past. I'd hate to see the Bills pass on a guy of his talent just because of some false-pious attitude that says our players must be, and must have ALWAYS been saints.

Allen is one of the top 4 safety prospects in this draft.  There's no way he'd slip that far. 

Pat Watkins of Florida State might be there, but the pickings for a FS would be slim in the 3rd. 

Now, the SS position should have a few good ones there in round 2 (Darnell Bing, Donte Whitner, Daniel Bullocks), but it would be a gamble to ASSume that they'd be there in round 3. 

The kid from Syracuse, Anthony Smith, would be a decent late round pick who could contribute right away on special teams until he developed @ safety.  He probably could be available in the 5th round.

653032[/snapback]

I like Pat Watkins, he has a lot of potential and has some of the best size in a Safety I've ever seen. Only issue with him is his lack of experience, I think he's only been at the Safety spot for two years...he might take some time. But I'm definitely in favor of taking him with our first 3rd round selection if he's still there.

Allen is one of the top 4 safety prospects in this draft.  There's no way he'd slip that far. 

The kid from Syracuse, Anthony Smith, would be a decent late round pick who could contribute right away on special teams until he developed @ safety.  He probably could be available in the 5th round.

653032[/snapback]

(1) I LOVE ANTHONY SMITH! If the Bills want him, they may have to take the plunge with him in the 4th round though. Living out here in CNY, I can tell you that he falls into the class of players that Marv appears to be building with.

(2) Can anyone comment on Marcus McNeil from Auburn? Has anyone watched him play? Some draftniks have him rated the #2 tackle and Justice the #3 tackle.

(1) I LOVE ANTHONY SMITH!  If the Bills want him, they may have to take the plunge with him in the 4th round though.  Living out here in CNY, I can tell you that he falls into the class of players that Marv appears to be building with.

(2) Can anyone comment on Marcus McNeil from Auburn?  Has anyone watched him play?  Some draftniks have him rated the #2 tackle and Justice the #3 tackle.

653047[/snapback]

I like Smith as well, but w/ a 4.7 timed 40, he may only be good for special teams play. But, if that's the case and he can play well, what the heck?

McNeil? I don't like him. He played a bit too heavy all last season and it showed. Yes, he's got nimble feet for a big man, but I've seen this kind of OT before and I certainly don't want to see it any time soon for the Bills. I'd prefer a guy w/ pretty good size, good technique, and long arms to ward off speed rushers. Those are the kind of OTs that are becoming all the rage now: guys like Walter Jones in Seattle or Levi Jones in Cincinnati. One guy who may fit that same description that I've mentioned before is Jonathan Scott of Texas. I'd be okay w/ using a 3rd on him.