HOLY CRAP! Lindy Ruff loses it.

Good for Lindy for going after Tucker like that. Tucker is an absolute scumbag, and if ANYONE saw that play you would know everything Lindy said was the absolute truth.

And now we're down Hecht for the playoffs because some idiot Maple Leaf got his panties in a bunch. I hope the league does something about this...but I know they wont.

Lindy is absolutely right here, someone has to say something, and you know it cant be a player. I've never heard him that mad before. I didnt see the hit, but i hope jochen turns out to be ok, guys like tucker who have done the same sh*t for years disgust me.

Briere got 2 games for his stick hitting Leetch (some think it was for diving, who knows) while he was going down. Tucker took a run at Hecht when the puck wasn't even around him. It will be interesting to see how Bettman and Co. deal with this.

For those of you that didn't see the game here's what happened: Mike Grier lays an excellent open ice body check (clean hit) on Darcy Tucker and knocks him hard to the ice. Tucker gets up and wants revenge so he skates toward Hecht (who had passed the puck seconds earlier) and hits with a knee-on-knee shot. Hecht then goes back after Tucker and hits him. Tucker no penalty, Hecht gets called for one.

Lindy is absolutely right here, someone has to say something, and you know it cant be a player. I've never heard him that mad before. I didnt see the hit, but i hope jochen turns out to be ok, guys like tucker who have done the same sh*t for years disgust me.

651302[/snapback]

A ballistic Lindy Ruff might be a good thing right as the Sabres play Ottawa (again).

For those of you that didn't see the game here's what happened:  Mike Grier lays an excellent open ice body check (clean hit) on Darcy Tucker and knocks him hard to the ice.  Tucker gets up and wants revenge so he skates toward Hecht (who had passed the puck seconds earlier) and hits with a knee-on-knee shot.  Hecht then goes back after Tucker and hits him.  Tucker no penalty, Hecht gets called for one.

651445[/snapback]

I just read that it is the other knee. Opposite to his previous injury. It sounds bad.

For those of you that didn't see the game here's what happened:  Mike Grier lays an excellent open ice body check (clean hit) on Darcy Tucker and knocks him hard to the ice.  Tucker gets up and wants revenge so he skates toward Hecht (who had passed the puck seconds earlier) and hits with a knee-on-knee shot.  Hecht then goes back after Tucker and hits him.  Tucker no penalty, Hecht gets called for one.

651445[/snapback]

Also, when Grier wiped out Tucker, Tucker grabs Griers stick and pulls it out of his hands. No penalty called for holding the stick. Then Tucker gets up like a madman and goes looking for someone and hits Hecht with his elbow up and his knee out. Hecht come over and gives Tucker a push and Tucker goes down like he's been punched by Tyson. Penalty - 2 minutes to Hecht for roughing. To make matters worse, Toronto ties the game on the subsequent power play.

Earlier in the game, Tucker hit Connolly in the head with a high elbow. No penalty called. Lindy should have sent Peters after the little scumbag after that hit.

IMO, Sabres got screwed all night by the refs.

This just in:

After the game, Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff lashed out at Tucker, saying he wanted the player suspended and fined. The league informed the Sabres on Tuesday that no disciplinary action would be taken.

Briere gets 2 game sfor an errant high stick and Tucker gets a pass for knocking a guy out for 2 weeks.

I can't wait for Toronto's visit to HSBC next week. Tucker will probably be out with a mystery ailment.

Briere got 2 games for his stick hitting Leetch (some think it was for diving, who knows) while he was going down.  Tucker took a run at Hecht when the puck wasn't even around him.  It will be interesting to see how Bettman and Co. deal with this.

651311[/snapback]

Interesting? Hah. Tucker plays for Toronto, remember...

According to the afternoon crew on GR, NO ACTION against Tucker. No fine, no suspension, nada, zip, zilch.

Here's the (relatively) good news, though -- sounds like you might only be missing Hecht for two weeks instead of the 'long-term' Ruff feared last night.

As some of you know, the Sabres aren't my #1 team... but can I still add my vote for having Peters wipe the ice with Darcy T. the next time y'all play? Do the entire league a favor...

Interesting? Hah. Tucker plays for Toronto, remember...

According to the afternoon crew on GR, NO ACTION against Tucker. No fine, no suspension, nada, zip, zilch.

Here's the (relatively) good news, though -- sounds like you might only be missing Hecht for two weeks instead of the 'long-term' Ruff feared last night.

As some of you know, the Sabres aren't my #1 team... but can I still add my vote for having Peters wipe the ice with Darcy T. the next time y'all play? Do the entire league a favor...

651981[/snapback]

I make a habit of reading your posts lori. :) JoeSixPack was right this summer when he complemented your informative style of posting. Keep up the good work.

By the way, who's your team?

T_R

I make a habit of reading your posts lori.  :lol:  JoeSixPack was right this summer when he complemented your informative style of posting.  Keep up the good work. 

By the way, who's your team?

T_R

652175[/snapback]

Shhhh... :)

Go Habs Go !!!

No Leafs-love here, obviously.

The egoboo is appreciated, but WTF are you doing posting here when you have a brand-new little one to go ga-ga over? :)

(Congrats, BTW...)

never fear. darcy tucker will have the "kasperitis flu" on april 16. Either that, or he'll face suspension the day after the leafs have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. In the end though, its not about sour grapes, its about motivation.